Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Spending a couple of years managing those lads will seem a walk in the park after the last couple of years at Anfield, bet he enjoys every minute of it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:07 pm

You have to say that after a very successful spell at Valencia, a mixed record before then, and a mixed experience with us that ended with widespread doubt about just how good a manager he is, a lot now rides on how well he does at Inter. He'll have virtually the same treble-winning squad Mourinho left over, while the other teams in Italy haven't thus far shown any signs of making any serious moves in the transfer market (and even if they do, Inter will also likely dip in, so all's even) and therefore the minimum expectation is to win the league or Champions League, and you can hardly argue with that. Anything less than winning league would be seen as a failure, and only by winning the league can his reputation even begin to be restored.
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:10 pm

we shouldnt be talking about Rafa anymore. I admit when he left he was still a name strongly associated with LFC therefore he was still a hot topic of discussion amongst us Liverpool fans. He's gone now and I'm certainly over it. His tenure was greatly scrutinised in a negative manner by some and a positive by others. It's over now, we all wanted what's best for LFC and hopefully we can look towards brighter days under Roy.

We should all collectively wish Rafa all the very best at Inter and thank him for his efforts at LFC. His impact at Inter doesn't change anything about what he did for Liverpool FC. Thank you Rafa and good luck at Inter

YNWA
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Im sorry Greavesie lad but why shouldnt we talk about him anymore , he is part of our history and i dont want that erased mate , this is a thread to keep updates on him for those who are interested . he was part of some great nights here and will be fondly rememberd by me for it, We have a Mourinhio thread who has feck all to do with us , so i say if anyone wants to keep an eye on him they should be able to do so by posting in this thread,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Im not arguing that Mick im just answering his post were he is saying its time to stop talking about him, well this thread is about him ,its not on the LFC dissgussion thread and as ive said i have fond memories of the man as im sure a few others do , so i will be more than happy to post in here about his life in Italy
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Greavesie wrote:we shouldnt be talking about Rafa anymore. I admit when he left he was still a name strongly associated with LFC therefore he was still a hot topic of discussion amongst us Liverpool fans. He's gone now and I'm certainly over it. His tenure was greatly scrutinised in a negative manner by some and a positive by others. It's over now, we all wanted what's best for LFC and hopefully we can look towards brighter days under Roy.

We should all collectively wish Rafa all the very best at Inter and thank him for his efforts at LFC. His impact at Inter doesn't change anything about what he did for Liverpool FC. Thank you Rafa and good luck at Inter

YNWA

I disagree with you, this is not the end of the Rafa saga. Once the owners have left, I hope we´ll learn a lot more about what went on behind closed doors and we´ll find out the conditions under which he had to manage.

Roy Evans was black and white, as was GED but Rafa is not, hence the need for clarification.

For example, the news today the Texas Rangers are being auctioned off because of the 'failure' of teh owner (Hicks). So Rafa knowing this asks for a meeting to know what are plans are for a transfer kitty and the new stadium. Broughton can only stall, so Rafa walks. Not because of his perfomance on the field but because of not seeing a way forward.

etc.. etc..
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Personally I think Inter Milan will win their respective league and retain the Champions League..... and you never know with a bit a financial backing and add to that equation an  iota of trust from the owners ,maybe just maybe Inter wont miss out on the superstars who Liverpool watched sail by .... Villa ,Aguero Alves Evra Vidic Milito just a few  names all 20 million plus players now .... So you never know he could collate a team full of unknowns if the Chairman trusts him enough ................. Well unknown For now   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:44 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Personally I think Inter Milan will win their respective league and retain the Champions League..... and you never know with a bit a financial backing and add to that equation an  iota of trust from the owners ,maybe just maybe Inter wont miss out on the superstars who Liverpool watched sail by .... Villa ,Aguero Alves Evra Vidic Milito just a few  names all 20 million plus players now .... So you never know he could collate a team full of unknowns if the Chairman trusts him enough ................. Well unknown For now   ???

you're definately in the pro camp, saying he'll win the double and improve teh team with good signings...

I think he'll do well, but the italian league will be a lot more competitive next season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:you're definately in the pro camp, saying he'll win the double and improve teh team with good signings...

I think he'll do well, but the italian league will be a lot more competitive next season

Welcome back Lad  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:10 pm

cheers son :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Personally I think Inter Milan will win their respective league and retain the Champions League..... and you never know with a bit a financial backing and add to that equation an  iota of trust from the owners ,maybe just maybe Inter wont miss out on the superstars who Liverpool watched sail by .... Villa ,Aguero Alves Evra Vidic Milito just a few  names all 20 million plus players now .... So you never know he could collate a team full of unknowns if the Chairman trusts him enough ................. Well unknown For now   ???

Inter won the league 5 years in a row but I expect them to lose it with Benitez in charge.

We'll see in May.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:05 pm

whether he wins it or not changes nothing. Personally, I wish him all the best but I feel come May we're going to see this thread descend into a crechendo of 'I told you so's'

I liked Rafa and will always remember his contribution towards LFC. Sadly this thread is merely storing people's agenda's until May.

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Greavesie wrote:whether he wins it or not changes nothing. Personally, I wish him all the best but I feel come May we're going to see this thread descend into a crechendo of 'I told you so's'

I liked Rafa and will always remember his contribution towards LFC. Sadly this thread is merely storing people's agenda's until May.

There's no doubt you are righjt mate, but who is going to be giving it the "I told you so" is the question. I've already got my "but anyone could have won it with them" speech written just in case :laugh:.

I don't think Inter will win the league this year though, seriously I don't.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:38 pm

bigmick wrote:
Greavesie wrote:whether he wins it or not changes nothing. Personally, I wish him all the best but I feel come May we're going to see this thread descend into a crechendo of 'I told you so's'

There's no doubt you are righjt mate, but who is going to be giving it the "I told you so" is the question. I've already got my "but anyone could have won it with them" speech written just in case :laugh:.

I don't think Inter will win the league this year though, seriously I don't.

:laugh:

you've got a lot of time to plan your speech mate, it better be a feckin corker of a post come May  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 pm

:laugh: And what if he bombs out mate? My money is on the "but it was an ageing squad, Mourinho knew exactly the right time to get out, leaving Rafa with all them geriatrics etc etc". If it's not that, it'll be "but Rafa never had any money to spend, it was that nasty Mourinho's fault for spending it all". They might even go for "but Rafa would have signed (insert whoever plays well anywhere in the World this season) but he had his hands tied behind his back". Failing that, people will just blame it on "fecking Parry  :angry: " and have done with it :laugh: .
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion