Is english football dead

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:20 pm

With the top teams in England made up from about 85% non uk players this is going to make big probs for the England team in years to come as our players are being over looked by big teams soon our top league will be made up of 100% non uk players.
Is it time the F.A step in and made a new rule that a prem team should be made up of at lest 70% uk born players
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Maybe the english clubs should start producing REAL talents instead. Not second rate players without skills. Only then will young english players be preferred to foreigners.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:28 pm

Answer to your question, The papers seem to think it's gone up in smoke now Becham and Owen have left.
I think we can now look forward to a global catastrophie.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:30 pm

Well I rarely see any good English talent, there are few left and the rest are newcomers.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Voices from Yates » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:21 pm

There is a hell of a lot of poor neighbours in Europe.
The PL generates more $$ than any other league.
Its closest rival is Seria A, which generates a 1/3 less.
Obviously we will have a much greater than average import quota because of the $$ and the atmosphere. We simply attract players.

Individual clubs get the very best players(like REAL for example)but as a group the PL is the TOP for attracting foreign talent. Today there isn’t the same impetus for kids to think about a career in “Football”. The UK as a whole is changing. We are now a lot more like the USA, were a player’s origin in unimportant…just win Baby.

If LFC didn't win any CLs  we wouldn’t attract anybody, home or foreign.  uh oh... we haven't won any CL's :D
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby vlady16.1 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:39 pm

-- no good english talent -- yeah right -- gerrard lampart campbell rooney owen becks terry et al
sounds like hockey people- kept saying canada only produces goons and all the good players are european -- funny our #2's would finish 2nd at the world championships

don't worry you guys are producing fine -- english team really should be doing better --just wait for more canadians to bail out you league -- i think we're in the top 100 now even though you guys stole hargreaves :upside:  :upside:
vlady16.1

Postby Paul C » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:43 pm

Enlish talent isn't dead, look at the likes of:

Ledley King
Jemaine Pennent
Stephen Warnock
Jon Otsemobor
James Milner
Chris Eagles ( scum I know :( )
etc.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:29 pm

English talent is far from dead as there is a lot of it there.  I think the England national team's problem is the Premiere League itself.  As it is completely different to any other league in the world it gives players PL habits.  Thats why with the exception of Man U no english team has won the Champions League.  There is too little focus on the technical side of football in england and as such when England plays the world's best they too often put guts before guile and thus found wanting.

The talent is there thats not hard to see but with the way the premiership is played this talent is much, much harder to develop than in Spain or Italy where the game is slower but more technical.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby the great one » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:41 pm

Darren Ambrose, Steven Taylor, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton,Jermaine Pennant, Glen Johnson,Hoyte,Bentley,Jenas
Prutton,Carrick,Dawson,W. Bridge,T. Huddlestone,
Aaron Lennon,and Lee Grant Derby don't look dead to me
:O
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:00 am

Maybe we could get Gordie Howe on the cheap..Vlady?
:p  Better yet , Bob Probert
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby vlady16.1 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:15 am

:p gordie would be great -- he played a pro game at 70 yrs old -- said he'd take out a young guy if he had to -- he is god

probie still has it -- took 4 cops to arrest him -- rehab rebeckons -- he made friends with jim baker (television evangilest) in prison -- also beat up my friend's cousin regularly -- definitely would give nastiness in the midfield -- never a scorer though
vlady16.1

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:17 am

i dont think some of you read my post right i did not say English talent was dead i was say English football could ened up dead , yes there is English talent but there would be more if they where given more of a chance insted of clubs going over sea's at the drop of a hat
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:23 pm

Can any of them skate? :D
Oh... some teeth missing would help.
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:48 pm

I cant remember were i read this and what league(s) it involves. But i can remember something about a new rule that stops so many foreigners filtering through and instead focuses on home grown talent.

It may not even be a plan as such, but the idea was brought up in some place or another because i personally heard.

Its quite a good idea imo.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobG14 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:55 pm

English players are getting overlooked because they are quite simply not good enough. They don't have the touch, technique nor the brains that a lot of the continental players do. As it relates to how this affects the england team- who cares!!! They are a pile of ****** anyway
RobG14

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion