Is english football dead

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:05 pm

Maybe that a good reason for the government to invest some money into facilities for youthes to play at.

If they don't you guys will end up like Northern Ireland, no one gives a flyin' f*ck, theres hardly any complexes to play football in so kids choose to do drugs!

Now we have a sh*te International team and low quality domestic leagues as an end result.
Last edited by Gareth G on Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:15 pm

Maybe the english clubs should start producing REAL talents instead. Not second rate players without skills. Only then will young english players be preferred to foreigners.

that is unfortuanlty the fact.  Out League has been raised several levels and so has the standard.  English players to need to be better and brought through the ranks better, only then will Chelsea and the likes condiser spending 30+ million on them, with the exception of Owen :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:21 pm

I'm sure Murphy is quite content with his English manager and sqaud at Charlton following the hammering they got by the "on-loan" stars of ... Bollton  :laugh:  :laugh: :p  Murphy told u so :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:31 pm

"Liverpool have lost some camaraderie with more English players leaving and other players coming in," said Murphy.But Murphy said he preferred to work for an English manager. "I wanted to work under an English manager who I could have a crystal clear relationship with. Alan Curbishley has the things I look for in a manager
how can he say he wants to work under an english manger when he went to spurs for an interview wat an idiot :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:48 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Maybe that a good reason for the government to invest some money into facilities for youthes to play at.

If they don't you guys will end up like Northern Ireland, no one gives a flyin' f*ck, theres hardly any complexes to play football in so kids choose to do drugs!

Now we have a sh*te International team and low quality domestic leagues as an end result.

Lack of facilities have nothing to do with the lack of talent.

I doubt Brazil have great facilities but it doesn't stop them producing class players with loads of skill.

IMO the biggest problem is and has been for a long time now is the coaching.

All the youth coaches look for now is big strong players and if they are skillful it's a bonus.

The pace of the prem lge has also meant that young players have to be great athletes to get a look in which is a major problem.

For all the entertainment of the prem lge the lack of not just english players but any player capable of taking on and beating players by using skill and not just speed is depressing. :(
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:10 am

the great one wrote:
"Liverpool have lost some camaraderie with more English players leaving and other players coming in," said Murphy.But Murphy said he preferred to work for an English manager. "I wanted to work under an English manager who I could have a crystal clear relationship with. Alan Curbishley has the things I look for in a manager
how can he say he wants to work under an english manger when he went to spurs for an interview wat an idiot :laugh:

Erm, maybe he only decided that AFTER he had the interview.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:11 am

imagine playing football here
Image :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 am

It is illegal to discriminat against EU citizens. End of story.

The fA could pass a rule saying only 1 non EU player allowed per team but unless Brussels gives football some type of exemption they cannot do anything. It'd be like having a sign in an office saying "No french people" , cannot be done mate.

Anyway, England have never had a really good team, one championship final (and that was on home soil).

I think the fact that England concentrates on so many sports hinders it, also the weather, the fact that it is relatively rich and that there are so many fat kids who prefer to watch TV.

Eamonn Dumphy (RTE TV) said when talking about how poor the traditional giants of Eurpopean football did at Euro 2004 that a country ideally needs a dictatorship, poverty and tradition to succeed at football (Brazil, argentina etc).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:55 am

english football is not dead. the fact of the matter is if the young british players are good enough they will come through and make the grade. i personally don't think the standard of youngsters is good enough. that is why managers are looking abroad to bring in their young talent. over here, clubs think if they open up a coaching school and call it an "academy" that players will magically be produced. well argentina don't have academies and they produce players hand over fist. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:30 pm

stmichael you do make a good point
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:53 pm

adayinthelife wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:Maybe that a good reason for the government to invest some money into facilities for youthes to play at.

Lack of facilities have nothing to do with the lack of talent.

I doubt Brazil have great facilities but it doesn't stop them producing class players with loads of skill.

IMO the biggest problem is and has been for a long time now is the coaching.

All the youth coaches look for now is big strong players and if they are skillful it's a bonus.

The pace of the prem lge has also meant that young players have to be great athletes to get a look in which is a major problem.

For all the entertainment of the prem lge the lack of not just english players but any player capable of taking on and beating players by using skill and not just speed is depressing. :(

couldnt agree more, when i was younger the district teams consisted of all the tallest and biggest players and the coaching for young players is so basic, with the basic thinking of getting stuck in being more important than technical ability
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:01 pm

i just hope that eriksson gives some of the younger players a chance in the friendly on wednesday night. defoe and smith upfront. parker joe cole and wright phillips in midfiled. these players are the future of england.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:15 pm

In Holland you have half length pitches for kids and by law you have to have a football pitch and x amouny sporting facilities for so many head of population.

The other thing I wonder about is what has happened to the great scouts we used to have and what is the scouting situation at Anfield like these days
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:24 pm

taff wrote:The other thing I wonder about is what has happened to the great scouts we used to have and what is the scouting situation at Anfield like these days

well judging by some of the dross we've signed over the last couple of years you have to wonder how some of our scouts stayed in a job. when you look at the young talent arsenal seem to find from nowhere and turn into superstars, it makes a mockery of our scouts. hopefully le tallec and pongolle will be rare successes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:56 pm

Those two are raved about

Remember Saunders who discovered a load of players from lower leagues
Could it be the new contracts that put clubs off or the inflated prices for British players.

It seems we have had foreigners with potential, big names or one or two youngsters are we seriously saying that below the premiership there is not one player that would be a good buy bung him in reserves learn his trade etc and bring him through
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion