Next england manager - Who would be your choice and why?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Ace I think you've pretty much summed up England's tactical problems at the moment.  The ideal solution in my opinion would be to play Gerrard on the right with someone coming in to the centre to do the holding role just behind Lampard.  It takes so much away from Stevie's game having to mop up and let Lampard go forward.  This sorts the wide problem as Gerrard will commit players and is probably England's best crosser of a ball after Beckham anyway, as well as being able to cover inside or track back. 

I can't put my finger on why Beckham has gone backwards in recent years, he's only 30.  He just doesn't seem fit these days and constantly being swapped between right mid and centre mid for Madrid hasn't helped along with the problems in his private life over the past few years - he just seems to have taken his eye off the ball.  He's not vocal on the pitch - he was made captain because his play inspired others, but he doesn't do that any more.

I'll be a neutral fan for the world cup this year as Ireland didn't make it, but I actually hope England do well, unlike some who support anyone v England.  But I just can't see them winning it with the current midfield situation, not to mention the problems up front now.  England used to have a frightening amount of top forwards throughout the 90s, it's just so unlucky that this is probably the first world cup I can remember that England have only had 2 world class strikers at their disposal and they're both doubts to make it, unbelievable.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 pm

says it all :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion