Australia v japan

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:00 am

AussieKopite wrote:1. It most certainly WILL matter if it comes down to goal differences on who qualifies and who doesn't for the next round. I'd be really p*ssed off if that one goal prevented Australia from advancing.

But if that Japanese goal hadn't counted, the game would have turned out comepletely different.

I hate this argument about "how we would have won 3-0 if the ref hadn't allowed that goal", it's rubbish. Japan could've gone on and scored later and won 1-0, it oudl have bene a draw, or Australia could have won 2-1, 1-0 who knows.

It was 0-0 at the time and had it not been allowed, the game would have turned out comepletely different to how it did turn out.

If Australia don't qualify due to GD it won't be because of that goal.

As for the diallowed goal, if the ref thinks he is wrong then who am I to complain. I thought it was a fair enough decision at the time, but that's just my opinion, and the aussies I watched it with actually agreed.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:22 am

Aussie Aussie Aussie
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby laza » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:24 am

Watch the game at hotel at Phuket was rapted with a cracking result.

Didnt think the goal should have counted as Goalies are normally protected species. I wonder if it was Pepe Reina getting in that same situation against Chelseas, who here wouldnt be complaining about it.
Alternately though if it had been down the other end and Japanese keeper had ended up on his backside and ball sailed through, i wouldnt have thought there was not too much wrong with it :)
Last edited by laza on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion