Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby eds » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Signed.

Thanks for posting Red.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:42 am

How much longer will this farcical situation go on for? BR's time is surely up after that dog *****
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:34 am

Makes you wonder about the owners doesn't it Kewell?

Just what the f**k are these muppets waiting for :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:07 am

Aspas scoring 2 against Barca
Balo looking a snip at 16M at Milan
Markovic looked every bit as a winger we are craving for in Rodgers 4-3-3 formation in turkey

All these examples I have listed is from this week only.

Rodgers is destroying our club. He should be sacked ASAP..
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Sadly, I think my initial concerns about the job being to big for BR at the point in his career when he got the job, have been proven right.He's starting to look like a rabbit caught in front of the headlights at the moment and I think a couple of the player's look like they have lost faith in him.

Fair play, he has tried and given it a go but i just don't see things getting better under him. Can actually see us drifting further away. Yes, he has lost important players in Suarez and Sterling and had to contend with Sturridge struggling with fitness, but that is where he earns his corn and for me, he is struggling and not sure he knows where to go from here.

He hasn't helped himself with his regular soundbites either and hope he is more careful with what he comes out with going forward in his career. Also have major question marks over his tactics recently.

I won't slag the guy off. He was offered the job and was a great opportunity for him. Gave us a memorable season and took us to within a whisker of winning the league but I think it has become clear, that Suarez was the reason for that.

I think it is time for a fresh face with fresh ideas,  to try and galvanise this set of players. I am leaning towards Ancelotti. Experienced at the highest level, dealt with pressure and expectancy and think we just need an experienced hand to come in and steady the ship and give us some consistency for a while. I do rate Klopp but am leaning towards a guy who has been there and done it for a while.

I think we are going stale under BR and for me the rot has set in. Would love to be proved wrong but really can't see it.
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Doeboy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:Sadly, I think my initial concerns about the job being to big for BR at the point in his career when he got the job, have been proven right.He's starting to look like a rabbit caught in front of the headlights at the moment and I think a couple of the player's look like they have lost faith in him.

Fair play, he has tried and given it a go but i just don't see things getting better under him. Can actually see us drifting further away. Yes, he has lost important players in Suarez and Sterling and had to contend with Sturridge struggling with fitness, but that is where he earns his corn and for me, he is struggling and not sure he knows where to go from here.

He hasn't helped himself with his regular soundbites either and hope he is more careful with what he comes out with going forward in his career. Also have major question marks over his tactics recently.

I won't slag the guy off. He was offered the job and was a great opportunity for him. Gave us a memorable season and took us to within a whisker of winning the league but I think it has become clear, that Suarez was the reason for that.

I think it is time for a fresh face with fresh ideas,  to try and galvanise this set of players. I am leaning towards Ancelotti. Experienced at the highest level, dealt with pressure and expectancy and think we just need an experienced hand to come in and steady the ship and give us some consistency for a while. I do rate Klopp but am leaning towards a guy who has been there and done it for a while.

I think we are going stale under BR and for me the rot has set in. Would love to be proved wrong but really can't see it.

:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 am

eds » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 am wrote:Makes you wonder about the owners doesn't it Kewell?

Just what the f**k are these muppets waiting for :no

Is that Breaking News mate?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:59 am

Is it over yet? Has he gone now? Is it safe to come back?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:01 am

http://www.espnfc.com.au/liverpool/story/2631330/brendan-rodgers-im-never-going-to-walk-away-at-liverpool

He isn't quitting despite what farce continues to unfold.

I said it a long time ago, this piece of vermin cares only about himself and no one else.

Shocking individual.

I wasn't Benitez's biggest fan, but my word that MAN had INTEGRITY.

eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 am

The_Rock wrote:Aspas scoring 2 against Barca
Markovic looked every bit as a winger we are craving for in Rodgers 4-3-3 formation in turkey

Aspas was sh'ite here.
Balotelli was useless here.
Markovic wasnt given enough time
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:55 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Aspas scoring 2 against Barca

Aspas was sh'ite here.
Balotelli was useless here.
Markovic wasnt given enough time

What happened to the likes of Markovic, Ilorri and even Sahin was a joke really. It's a pity Rodgers never really bought into the idea of working alongside a TC, if the TC would have just signed the players and Rodgers/Pascoe/Marsh coached them I think we could have achieved something.
The TC have taken plenty of stick over the last few years but at least they were prepared to cast their net further afield than Swansea, Southampton and Chelsea reserves, by the sounds of it we have them to thank for us not being even more mediocre than we already are, imagine a squad based around the likes of Michel Vorm, Ashley Williams, Ryan Bertrand, Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana, Alex Pearce, Steven Caulker, James Milner etc etc.
Rodgers Achilles heel was that he set his sights too low in the transfer market.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:08 am

Is it over yet? Has he gone now? Is it safe to come back?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:28 am

Tim Sherwood, mate of Brendan has come out to defend him. "Fickle" LFC fans should "feel lucky" to have Brendan in charge. If he'd won the title two years ago he'd be the "hottest property in management and would be managing Real Madrid now". Hilarious. We're so lucky. Shame on us for not propelling this man to the Real hot seat huh?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:38 am

RedAnt » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:28 am wrote:Tim Sherwood, mate of Brendan has come out to defend him. "Fickle" LFC fans should "feel lucky" to have Brendan in charge. If he'd won the title two years ago he'd be the "hottest property in management and would be managing Real Madrid now". Hilarious. We're so lucky. Shame on us for not propelling this man to the Real hot seat huh?

He wants to look at his own fans first, a traditional old club situated in the second biggest city in the country yet their ground is half empty half the time.
When our team churns out shyte at least we still turn up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion