Wigan v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Our second pre season outing kicks off at half 7 tonight at the DW stadium. Salah is cleared to play and the word is that Coutinho and Lallana may even get a few minutes ahead of our Asian tour.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Looking forward to this will be a slightly tougher test than Tranmere.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 pm

First half team - Mingolet, A-A, Matip, Klavan, Flanagan, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Woodburn, Coutinho, Firmino, SALAH

Second half team - Karius, Gomez, Stewart, Lovren, Milner, Henderson , Grujic, Chirivella, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi

Clyne is injured and no Lucas either, looks like there might be something in those links to Lazio.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:42 pm

And Salah scores already boooom
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Second half performance wasn't that great but it's not worth looking into games like this too much.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 pm

A much tougher of a game than tranmere but still a good outing for the lads despite the result.
I really hope Grujic gets a chance this season with some proper minutes in games to see what he can bring to the table. He looks raw but has plenty of quality and even looks to have a brain which is a rarity these days. He got a few minutes here and there towards the end of last season but its nowhere near enough to progress a player as he needs regular minutes in our 1st team. I would have him over Jordan the jogger anyday so hopefully Klopp will too!!  :D

Solanke looks promising but no where near ready for 1st team and Sturridge looks lost again. I think that lad really has a mental problem because if there is one player at the club that needs to prove himself then its him. Did he even need a holliday ?  :no He should have been spending his summer busting a nut to get fit and back playing in the side instead of partying it up in the states. Move him on before the window is closed imo as he won't do a lot for us this year either.

Salah looks decent and looking forward to when he settles into the side. Definitely a step in the right direction.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games