PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 am

woof woof ! » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:45 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:19 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:15 pm wrote:I like the fact that he has removed that superman cape he tried to wear for quite some time shooting at every opportunity.
Now he picks his moments when to shoot and when to pass. Long may his chemistry with Firmino last.

Agree 100%, now he's stopped trying to score every time he gets the ball he looks much more like his old self. He's really upped his work rate lately as well which is great to see. I just hope Barcelona don't come calling in January, horrible to think that he may only be a liverpool player for another month or so.

I had the same fears Yakka but with the arrival of Klopp and the pervading sense that something positive is really beginning to happen at Liverpool I'm more than optimistic that Coutinho will want to stay.

I hope so mate but the last time there was press speculation linking him with Barcelona he came right out and had a whinge about the British weather which was a bit out of character for him, call me cynical but I somehow doubt the timing of his outburst was coincidental. South American players seem to view Barcelona and Real Madrid as some sort of footballing holy grail and I doubt Phil is any different on that score, if they come in for him I think he'll go.
I'm just hoping they are more interested in Pogba or someone else but Phil has got a lot of friends in that Barca dressing room.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am

You could say that Rafa's team was dismantled, Rodgers brought in the new building blocks and Klopp is ready to make it fly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 am

I think he will definitely go if Barca come in for him... even though I think he's very happy here. Suarez seemed to take Coutinho under his wing when he was here and the chemistry between the two was electric at times.. and obviously he's grown up through the ranks with Neymar and them two are very close good friends. I honestly think we brought in Firminio to please Coutinho and I also think that was the same thought pattern in going for Pato aswell. Hopefully he stays because Klopp will fill in the holes he has in his game and will make him a better player.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am

I have my doubts that Barce will come for him now.

As good as Coutinho has been for us he's still very inconsistent.

He'd struggle to get games ahead of the likes of Rakitic, Iniesta and the front 3 there. Barce also bought Turan in the summer who becomes available in January.

Coutinho will be on their radar no doubt but I think we're ok for January. Beyond that he may be happy to stay as Klopp's influence at the club grows and if we look to be moving forward.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Typical Coutinho. Looks absolutely top class versus Chelsea and Man City...and then just dissapears. I don't know what it is with this lad. Obviously has the ability but just isn't doing it nowhere near enough. Sometimes think he could be our talisman but then just tails off. Very frustrating
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:24 pm

17 shots, 1 on target, only 2 inside the box - Coutinho’s last 3 games.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Doeboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm wrote:Typical Coutinho. Looks absolutely top class versus Chelsea and Man City...and then just dissapears. I don't know what it is with this lad. Obviously has the ability but just isn't doing it nowhere near enough. Sometimes think he could be our talisman but then just tails off. Very frustrating

If you remember he went through a similar spell at the beginning of last season when we had Balotelli and Lambert up front but then Brendan went to a back 3 (which allowed us to get more creative players into the side) and threw Sterling up front and Coutinho suddenly sparked back into life.
Coutinho's forte isn't scoring goals it's putting through balls through to forwards making intelligent runs and atm we haven't got that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:57 pm

It's not just about goals.  He flatters to deceive in too many games for my liking.  I really thought after the brilliant displays he put in v Chelsea and City he would push on, especially wanting to impress the new manager but it's becoming bit of a running theme with him....couple of absolutely sublime performances mixed in with averageness. I wouldn't have a go at him that much if i knew he was a limited player but he has so much ability which doesn't show up in a lot of games he is played in. Sometimes think maybe it's a mental issue with him
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:26 pm

He's been off the boil the last month or so. Hopefully it's just a blip and not related to any possible transfer bid from Spain....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:41 pm

If Barca give us Ter Stegen for the first rights to Coutinho, would anyone care? I wouldn't, he is way too inconsistent.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 am

He paints a man very frustrated at the moment abit like the fans. He gets into good positions like he's always done, but the players around him aren't making the runs quick enough for the through balls... that leaves Coutinho having to hold the ball up (and losing it) or shifting the ball a yard and having a shot. He looked down and out after the West Ham game.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:48 am wrote:He paints a man very frustrated at the moment abit like the fans. He gets into good positions like he's always done, but the players around him aren't making the runs quick enough for the through balls... that leaves Coutinho having to hold the ball up (and losing it) or shifting the ball a yard and having a shot. He looked down and out after the West Ham game.

Agreed... He's not the type of player like Gerrard, who could single handedly bulldoze through and score a goal or two, he's more like a playmaker like silva. Without intelligent players who can make runs both his hands and legs are tied. Coutinho is not really a concern when the whole team is playing like Sh*t!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:14 pm

He struggles more when we play teams that defend deep (basically everyone except Chelsea, City, Arsenal and maybe Utd) especially when we don't have forwards making clever runs. I think we are putting too much pressure on him to be the game changer and score the goals. I think he would score a lot more goals if we have better moving forwards which we don't have.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:28 am

Was linking up well with a striker that actually moves. Our most potent front 3 is him, Firmino and Studge. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:03 pm

CIES Football Observatory have rated Philippe Coutinho as the 13th most valuable player in Europe worth £53m
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion