PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:20 am

i was ready to start writing off the little guy..... And look what he does :eyebrow

That 3 points alone erases all his poor performance this season in my eyes.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:26 am

He has started to score goals which is good for his game...

However, I feel that he has lost some of the aspects of his game when he had a strong partnership with Sturridge. Back then he was a tricky fella, difficult to get the ball off of him and his through passes were top notch. Currently the opposition players can rob the ball of him pretty easily and you really don't see many through passes from him...

But happy with his performance against Chelsea...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:04 am

maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:26 am wrote:He has started to score goals which is good for his game...

However, I feel that he has lost some of the aspects of his game when he had a strong partnership with Sturridge. Back then he was a tricky fella, difficult to get the ball off of him and his through passes were top notch. Currently the opposition players can rob the ball of him pretty easily and you really don't see many through passes from him...

But happy with his performance against Chelsea...

Delighted with the 2 goals as well but I share your general opinion on Coutinho's progression.

For me, a lot of it has to do with him playing alongside players with significantly less quality than Suarez and Sturridge do. He gets more attention from the opposition now and that combined with the fact that we dont have forwards running off the ball has meant fewer through balls for Coutinho.

The thing with Coutinho is that he's highly inconsistent and thats something he'll need to work on. He didnt necessarily play great yesterday but he scored the 2 goals and that was all the side needed from him on the day. On a different day, his new style of playing for himself, or doing it all, or whatever you wanna call it could prove frustrating more than anything; look at his last few performances where he should have been subbed off in many games.

He can be a goal scoring midfielder or he can be a playmaker. Atm, he's struggling to be either one of the 2 but his approach this season seems to suggest that he (or the club) are leaning more towards the former rather than the latter.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:26 pm

He has suffered most while Sturridge has been injured. Like ace said he needs forward runners to play those threaded passes and the opposition knowing he is our biggest threat has meant he gets marked so much tighter. Chelsea gave him a bit more time and they paid the price.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 pm

I thought his overall game was a lot better than what he had recently produced but it wasn't an outstanding game. He needs to learn how to further involve himself when there are no runners.

Getting Sturridge back is crucial for him, but he needs to start whipping crosses to Benteke or link up with Firmino more. Hopefully now this brings the spring back in his step.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:37 pm

There was a behind closed doors friendly against Wolves yesterday in which most of our players not involved in international matches took part

Coutinho scored 2 goals and Firmino grabbed one as well

Not seen any of the footage of the game the game (yet)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:50 am

Philippe Coutinho injury latest: Liverpool FC midfielder to undergo scan on hamstring

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... l-10481651

Brazilian star was forced off during second half as Reds romped to 4-1 win at Manchester City

Philippe Coutinho will undergo a scan after being forced off with a suspected hamstring injury in Liverpool's stunning 4-1 demolition of Manchester City.

The Brazilian playmaker, who scored Liverpool's second goal and created the third for Roberto Firmino, was substituted midway through the second half.

Coutinho left the Etihad complaining about some discomfort in his hamstring and admitted he has yet to discover the extent of the problem.

Losing Coutinho would be a major blow for the Reds with the classy attacker in outstanding form having scored four goals in his last three league appearances.

Boss Jurgen Klopp is hoping Liverpool's decision to immediately bring him off after he signaled that he was in pain will help prevent him from facing a lay-off.

"I hope we got there early enough," Klopp said.

"It was a little bit of cramp. He felt something.

"I hope that's all it was because everybody can see that he's very important to us. He's in really good shape in this moment and I hope we could react early enough."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:58 pm

SkippyRed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:51 am wrote:Another stinker. He is really in a genuine form slump.

:wwww

Well and truely out of that slump now.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:17 am

C-R » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:50 am wrote:Philippe Coutinho injury latest: Liverpool FC midfielder to undergo scan on hamstring

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... l-10481651

Brazilian star was forced off during second half as Reds romped to 4-1 win at Manchester City

Philippe Coutinho will undergo a scan after being forced off with a suspected hamstring injury in Liverpool's stunning 4-1 demolition of Manchester City.

The Brazilian playmaker, who scored Liverpool's second goal and created the third for Roberto Firmino, was substituted midway through the second half.

Coutinho left the Etihad complaining about some discomfort in his hamstring and admitted he has yet to discover the extent of the problem.

Losing Coutinho would be a major blow for the Reds with the classy attacker in outstanding form having scored four goals in his last three league appearances.

Boss Jurgen Klopp is hoping Liverpool's decision to immediately bring him off after he signaled that he was in pain will help prevent him from facing a lay-off.

"I hope we got there early enough," Klopp said.

"It was a little bit of cramp. He felt something.

"I hope that's all it was because everybody can see that he's very important to us. He's in really good shape in this moment and I hope we could react early enough."

Wow C-R, your news reporting has been top notch. I was just wondering about Coutinho's injury and you have already posted about it here... :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm

I like the fact that he has removed that superman cape he tried to wear for quite some time shooting at every opportunity.
Now he picks his moments when to shoot and when to pass. Long may his chemistry with Firmino last.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm

I like the fact that he has removed that superman cape he tried to wear for quite some time shooting at every opportunity.
Now he picks his moments when to shoot and when to pass. Long may his chemistry with Firmino last.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am

Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:15 pm wrote:I like the fact that he has removed that superman cape he tried to wear for quite some time shooting at every opportunity.

Agree 100%, now he's stopped trying to score every time he gets the ball he looks much more like his old self. He's really upped his work rate lately as well which is great to see. I just hope Barcelona don't come calling in January, horrible to think that he may only be a liverpool player for another month or so.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 am

Reports were breaking last night that the injury isn't too bad and he should be ok for Swansea on sunday
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:19 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:15 pm wrote:I like the fact that he has removed that superman cape he tried to wear for quite some time shooting at every opportunity.

Agree 100%, now he's stopped trying to score every time he gets the ball he looks much more like his old self. He's really upped his work rate lately as well which is great to see. I just hope Barcelona don't come calling in January, horrible to think that he may only be a liverpool player for another month or so.

I had the same fears Yakka but with the arrival of Klopp and the pervading sense that something positive is really beginning to happen at Liverpool I'm more than optimistic that Coutinho will want to stay.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:19 pm

C-R » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:Reports were breaking last night that the injury isn't too bad and he should be ok for Swansea on sunday

On the bench if anything. Hamstring strains can become tears in no time. Wouldn't risk him.

Start Ibe in his spot, or move Firmino deeper and start Studge or Benteke.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion