PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Thu May 19, 2016 11:24 am

andy_g » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 am wrote:i think coutinho is just knackered, that's all. he probably knows that a lot of the weight of expectation falls on his shoulders and that he is the guy that is looked to to make things happen. its been a long and hard season and he's run out of gas.

Coutinho is another player we need to think long and hard about....His lack of consistency has been an issue since day1 ,he just doesn't come to work on everyday could be because of his size or mental toughness but he is an X factor in too many games you just can't tell what you will get from him. Yesterday was his lowest moment in Liverpool ,in a game like this to not be counted it's embarrassing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:26 pm

I wonder if he watched the game LIVE on BT sport last night cos he sure wasn't f@cking playing on the pitch
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu May 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Always said this lad is either sublime and up there with the best in the world in some games but then can be totally anonymous in other games. It's so frustrating because on his day he can run rings round teams and single handedly win us games.  Unfortunately dissappeared yesterday on the big occasion
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Well i can't see Barca coming for him any time soon. His got a lot of developing to do.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 19, 2016 5:29 pm

redshade » Thu May 19, 2016 3:28 pm wrote:Well i can't see Barca coming for him any time soon. His got a lot of developing to do.

He didn't look too bad when the ball was at his feet, it was his mobility or rather the lack of it which shocked me, he looked really unfit, like he didn't even have the energy to break into a sprint.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Seville never even singled  him out for extra attention ,Coutinho was guilty of letting the most important game of his Liverpool career drift away like a fart on the moors .
I felt like a dad who had just watched his son ***** his football trials up the wall ,he never looked like becoming involved from the first minute to the last . I don't think he's ever looked so tiny in all the time I've watched him ,he was miniscule last night !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm

I was watching the match with some mates and we all agreed that he looked and absolute bag of nerves in the line up just before the team came out onto the pitch.  He looked very close to being physically sick!  Unfortunately this is not the first time that this has happened and he has been known to disappear during very big important matches. Felt for the lad because I am a massive fan.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:39 am

Any injury update for Coutinho? Not sure why most fans on here are worried more about Mane than Coutinho. He almost single handedly won that game against Arsenal. Underappreciated...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 am

maguskwt » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:39 am wrote:Any injury update for Coutinho? Not sure why most fans on here are worried more about Mane than Coutinho. He almost single handedly won that game against Arsenal. Underappreciated...

He is absolutely fine, it was posted on the match day thread after the match, it's just a very busy thread so easy to miss, but he is fine was just a little cramp

I think many of us were worried about Mane because initially it was feared it was a dislocated shoulder which 'could' have seen us without him (including the African Nations) until February
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Did anyone actually thought that he really got injured? I'm pretty sure he just faked it because he didn't make the run for the ball.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:27 pm

i thought the team is more fluid and balance without philp,
we played fast attacking football vs leicester.
in recent games he has been either trying 22 yards curlers, mispassing or losing the ball.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Octsky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:27 pm wrote:i thought the team is more fluid and balance without philp,
we played fast attacking football vs leicester.
in recent games he has been either trying 22 yards curlers, mispassing or losing the ball.

Think he needs to go back to basics a bit with his game. Too much long shots and misplaced Hollywood passes that come to nothing.

It's great to see some competition in that role finally.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah he does need to cut out some of the pointless far shots. He has the ability to crack one in from far but i think he tries it a bit too much.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 am

dont agree. Couts could find anyone with a pass. If firmino, Mane and sturridge are playing like this and running intk spaves, Couts will be spraying passes left right and centre...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:43 pm

I think we can all agree that Coutz can score some truly glorious goals ,but the sheer amount of times he sparks an opponent's counter attacks by surrendering  possession with needless shots from distance needs to be looked at ! I also noticed yesterday that the players were consciously looking for a pass even if the only option open to them was passing back to the keeper ,there were hardly any  players turning into an opponent and giving away possession.

I think Coutinho is a wonderfully talented little player ,but he and Lallana are arguably the two players that continually run into opponents ,rather than finding the simple pass.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion