PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 am

had a very good games against West Brom. Ran them ragged. Hopefully he wouldnt get his head turned by Barca. Media is praising him too much...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Let's hope Barca watched the United game then because he was sh.ite.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 am wrote:Let's hope Barca watched the United game then because he was sh.ite.

:laugh: ... abit harsh there Reg... Man United has more talented players than us and they played to neutralized our whole team. And they gave some physical treatment to Coutinho alright. And when your other players are also not doing much, you can't do much either...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 pm

maguskwt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 am wrote:had a very good games against West Brom. Ran them ragged. Hopefully he wouldnt get his head turned by Barca. Media is praising him too much...

He's a great little player, but his form is hit and miss. When he's on it he's unstoppable, but when he's off it he can stink the place out.

Unlike previous squads (BR's with Suarez, Rafa with Torres and Gerrard, Houllier with Owen)  we don't seem to be reliant on just one player. In fact, if Coutinho left, I'd be confident that we'd cope because many so many of our attacking payers are interchangeable. Take the WBA match for example, Lallana, Coutinho and Mane spent most of it swapping places. I can't think of the last time we did this with our attacking players and it's also the reason Sturridge is struggling so badly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 am

7_Kewell » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:07 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 am wrote:had a very good games against West Brom. Ran them ragged. Hopefully he wouldnt get his head turned by Barca. Media is praising him too much...

He's a great little player, but his form is hit and miss. When he's on it he's unstoppable, but when he's off it he can stink the place out.

Unlike previous squads (BR's with Suarez, Rafa with Torres and Gerrard, Houllier with Owen)  we don't seem to be reliant on just one player. In fact, if Coutinho left, I'd be confident that we'd cope because many so many of our attacking payers are interchangeable. Take the WBA match for example, Lallana, Coutinho and Mane spent most of it swapping places. I can't think of the last time we did this with our attacking players and it's also the reason Sturridge is struggling so badly.

Agreed that he has on and off days and it's fine that we dont rely on just one player mate. But we shouldnt underestimate what players like coutinho Bring to the table. The games that he wasnt performing, alot are those in which the opposition targets him and other of our players couldnt do enough to take the opposition's attention away from him. It is abit like Portugal where if Ronaldo was shut down, Portugal couldnt play very well. There arent enough of others who are stepping up. Without Coutinho, our performances will be decidedly flat.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:06 pm

He can be inconsistent but he has the ability to be invisible for 89 minutes then play a key pass or score a wondergoal to change a game, but what I saw in the first half against Palace was someone ready to replace Iniesta at Barcelona. No surprise they're rumoured to be keeping an eye on things. If he can do that consistently then we're gonna have a battle on our hands. I hope our front 3 have a strong enough bond to want to play CL football here
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 pm

I think this will be our last season with Couthino with Barcelona likely if his pal Neymar remains at the Nou Camp.

Be nice to think we are in Champs League and he stays but I suspect his career goal takes him to Spain, the ultimate for most players and particulary boys from South America.

He will command an incredible fee and in this market perhaps surpass the money we received for Suarez.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:40 am

Cheer up you miserable bugger!  :down:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:06 am

With Iniesta turning 33 next year it's almost inevitable that those scumbags will come in hard for him in the next summer transfer window.

Seeing as his contract is till 2020 and that idiot Ayre will be gone by end of this season, I can't see how we aren't going to be in a strong position irrespective of whatever dirty underhanded tricks they will get up to b/w now and then.

Will be very interesting if we do the impossible and win the league this season, that plus the additional carrot of making him captain next season may, just may convince him to stay.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:53 pm

The only way I see him leaving is if we fail to make the Cl next season. He is an important cog in our team and if he can get success here then I don't see why he would want to go unless its for the weather.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:32 pm

It's saying in tonight's Echo that he went to Barcelona's team hotel yesterday to have a gab with his old mate Suarez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:05 am

Win us the league before you are snapped up by barcafrigginlona.

He is playing on another level.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 am

best player in the team bar none...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:54 pm

All we can do is to keep hold of him as long as we can.
If we are lucky we might get 1 more season from him.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Think we have the best manager for coping with any possible eventuality, when it comes to a star player leaving for a mega bucks to a top team. At Dortmund, it was a given that every summer a big name would leave. I think that's why Klopp focuses his development on the squad as a whole, rather than pinning all his hopes and dreams on one or two players.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp already has one eye on a Coutinho back-up/long term replacement already.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion