PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:13 pm

It was inevitable that the Spanish clubs would take interest in Coutinho at some point.

Barcelona couldn't sign players in the summer (well they could but the players aren't eligible to play until their transfer band ends) so they were always likely to be active in January. Hence the timing of the rumours.

You have to say if you were Coutinho you'd be tempted when you look at the state of the team here at present. Depressing.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 pm

JC_81 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:13 pm wrote:It was inevitable that the Spanish clubs would take interest in Coutinho at some point.

Barcelona couldn't sign players in the summer (well they could but the players aren't eligible to play until their transfer band ends) so they were always likely to be active in January. Hence the timing of the rumours.

You have to say if you were Coutinho you'd be tempted when you look at the state of the team here at present. Depressing.

Yeah to me it's all too coincidental - Gerrard saying he can see Coutinho leaving at some point in the future, Coutinho having an out of character whinge about the weather here (and changing his agent), Neymar saying Barcelona should sign him and now reports in both the Spanish and British press that Barcelona are interested in him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:33 pm

JC_81 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:13 pm wrote:It was inevitable that the Spanish clubs would take interest in Coutinho at some point.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that. He won't be cup-tied for Europe?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Think Suarez was telling stevie to look after him as well when he left so I am sure he would be also talking him up alongside Neymar. If he did move there he would slot right in having players like that in front of him. He would improve ten times in one season.

It would be a shame to lose him but it he was always going to be next. We will say we won't sell but we will as long as the price is right. Same old story  :down: If he did want to go though I don't think anyone could blame him  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:37 pm

If you look at it from Coutinho point of view.....

Stay with Liverpool --

** Won't win the league for years to come.
** lacklustre team mates and manager
** not much champs league chances

Opt for Barca-

**play for the best team in the world
**plenty trophies and be surrounded by superstars...

Wouldn't  blame the lad if they approached him and he left.

Also to note if Sturridge did not have injury probs he would have been on the getaway list for sure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 pm

And that is why we need to change managers ASAP something positive that we can put infront of coutinho

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:12 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:And that is why we need to change managers ASAP something positive that we can put infront of coutinho

I agree thats the only way we can keep potential stars here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Coutinho is a neat player and all....but the number of times he screws up when he shoots at goal is really.....ridiculous.

Against rubin :
He dribbles past the opposition midfield and shoots at the goalkeeper, misses the goal or hits the defender. He then pretty much takes all our freekicks which often misses its mark.

I know he scored that wonder goal against stoke.....but it doesn't mean he has to shoot at every opportunity he gets (especially when his finishing is so f**king erratic).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:28 pm

The_Rock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:Coutinho is a neat player and all....but the number of times he screws up when he shoots at goal is really.....ridiculous.

Against rubin :
He dribbles past the opposition midfield and shoots at the goalkeeper, misses the goal or hits the defender. He then pretty much takes all our freekicks which often misses its mark.

I know he scored that wonder goal against stoke.....but it doesn't mean he has to shoot at every opportunity he gets (especially when his finishing is so f**king erratic).

I think he's been told that he has to weigh in with more goals myself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:28 pm

The_Rock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:Coutinho is a neat player and all....but the number of times he screws up when he shoots at goal is really.....ridiculous.

Against rubin :

I'm ok with him shooting as long as their isn't any other option...Currently their are none...I'm more ***** when he loses the ball so easily in the MF or when he just disappears..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:28 am wrote:

Against rubin :

I think he's been told that he has to weigh in with more goals myself.

Then all the more he should be training on his finishing rite ? His finishing is nowhere near what is required for a top tier player. I would prefer if he just passes the ball to players like lallana or milner (who have more composure infront of goal).

Coutinho needs to know what his strengths are (awesome close control, can change directions easily, good playmaking skills)...he should be concentrating on creating goals for our other players.

Lallana is outperforming coutinho under klopp so far. Once Ben and Firm are fit....... coutinho is the one who is gonna be dropped if he keeps messing up his shots.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I still think he is a good tidy player but he will never be classed as a top player in that position unless he adds goals to his game. The majority of his shots aren't even on target.
Maybe he is trying to be too precise as he is always trying to curl it round things or sneak it past the post.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Another stinker. He is really in a genuine form slump.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:52 am

Is great in his purple patches and everyone rightly raves about him then.  Unfortunately he has patches in a season where he is just too quiet and ineffective. Sometimes I forget he is even on the pitch. Think he is one of those players that is excellent as a supporting act to the main man. Not the type to step up and become the main man himself imo. Also needs to add more goals to his game

He would really struggle if he ended up at Barca as it stands imo
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion