PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm

C-R » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 am wrote:CIES Football Observatory have rated Philippe Coutinho as the 13th most valuable player in Europe worth £53m

Cash in? 53mil is way more than I would pay for him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:10 pm

JK said in press conference earlier on LFC TV that Phil will miss at least 4 games and his injury is worse than Lovren's
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm

SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:15 pm wrote:
C-R » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 am wrote:CIES Football Observatory have rated Philippe Coutinho as the 13th most valuable player in Europe worth £53m

That site also said Hazard, who's playing like Sh*t right now, is worth more than Ronaldo if I'm not mistaken? Their formulas are a little off...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:14 pm

SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm wrote:

I'd be livid mate if he was sold, Couldn't give a shyte either about the money as I just wish they would stop selling our best players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:21 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:
SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm wrote:

I'd be livid mate if he was sold, Couldn't give a shyte either about the money as I just wish they would stop selling our best players.

Yep, over the past few seasons we have sold the likes of Suarez and Sterling and gone backwards. Continually selling your best players is not the way to build a title winning side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:45 pm

53 mill ?! The only problem with that is (was?) our recruitment policy. Certainly not worth anywhere near 53mill but neither was Sterling in all fairness. And 13th ? really ? I'm guessing age and the fact he's the most valuable player at a big club who will be reluctant to sell him played a big part in the valuation. Certainly wouldnt be in my top 20.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:21 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... year-award

Liverpool forward Philippe Coutinho has been nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

The 43rd edition of the PFA Awards will be held at Grosvenor House in London on Sunday April 24, and the Brazilian is in the running for a prestigious prize at the event.

PFA Members from 100 clubs across the Barclays Premier League, Football League and Women's Super League have voted for the players who have most impressed them over the course of the 2015-16 season.

And Coutinho has been shortlisted for the gong that recognises the best young player in English football as a result.

Steven Gerrard was the last Liverpool star to win the Young Player of the Year award, claiming the gong for his efforts in the 2000-01 season.

The former Reds captain went on to collect the main prize in 2005-06, while Luis Suarez was also a winner after a remarkable 2013-14 campaign.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:50 pm

We have to STOP selling our best talents.

One of the biggest mistakes we'be made in recent years is selling players at the top of their game, while as a club we're on bottom of ours. That's why we've struggled to replace them, because we're seen as a club on a downwards trajectory and end up settling for young hopefuls or mid-table dross.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Kewell mate exactly who are you referring to? Suarez, I seem to remember you spending the entire summer, the year before he was sold, demanding that we sell him due to the level of embarrassment he was heaping on the club! Sorry to bring that one up but the truth sometimes hurts :laugh: Surely you're not to bothered about us selling the runt Sterling for an outrageously high price? Torres was way beyond his best when we robbed Chelsea of £50m !! Perhaps you're referring to Carroll and Borini  :laugh:

Totally agree that we have to do everything possible to keep the likes of Coutinho but we also have to face reality and when Barca or RM take an interest that task becomes increasingly difficult. Some fans have criticised the club for selling Suarez to Barca and yet those same fans have never offered a viable way that the club could have avoided the inevitable.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:39 pm

devaney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm wrote:Kewell mate exactly who are you referring to? Suarez, I seem to remember you spending the entire summer, the year before he was sold, demanding that we sell him due to the level of embarrassment he was heaping on the club! Sorry to bring that one up but the truth sometimes hurts :laugh: Surely you're not to bothered about us selling the runt Sterling for an outrageously high price? Torres was way beyond his best when we robbed Chelsea of £50m !! Perhaps you're referring to Carroll and Borini  :laugh:

Totally agree that we have to do everything possible to keep the likes of Coutinho but we also have to face reality and when Barca or RM take an interest that task becomes increasingly difficult. Some fans have criticised the club for selling Suarez to Barca and yet those same fans have never offered a viable way that the club could have avoided the inevitable.

Suarez had to leave. I haven't changed my mind on that one because he basically backed us into a corner and didn't give two flying f**ks about LFC.

My point is more towards the likes of Alonso, Mascher and...Torres. I think a partnership of Torres and Suarez would have worked. Letting Stirling leave was a mistake too in my view and we haven't replaced him either.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:17 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:39 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm wrote:Kewell mate exactly who are you referring to? Suarez, I seem to remember you spending the entire summer, the year before he was sold, demanding that we sell him due to the level of embarrassment he was heaping on the club! Sorry to bring that one up but the truth sometimes hurts :laugh: Surely you're not to bothered about us selling the runt Sterling for an outrageously high price? Torres was way beyond his best when we robbed Chelsea of £50m !! Perhaps you're referring to Carroll and Borini  :laugh:

Suarez had to leave. I haven't changed my mind on that one because he basically backed us into a corner and didn't give two flying f**ks about LFC.

My point is more towards the likes of Alonso, Mascher and...Torres. I think a partnership of Torres and Suarez would have worked. Letting Stirling leave was a mistake too in my view and we haven't replaced him either.

Stirling and Torres ?? £85m for two players that have done next to nothing with the clubs they were sold to. I prefer Danny to Torres and he was part of a successful partnership with Suarez. Alonso was a Rafa ***** up but how do you stop Barca and RM if they show an interest. Nobody has ever come up with a solution to that problem. And come on mate Suarez went very close to nearly winning the league with LFC. He worked his bollux off when we went on that 14 game wiinning streak after he signed his new contract. The contract certainly helped both Suarez and Liverpool negotiate a better deal with Barca. He certainly didn't do an Owen or a  McManaman. You wanted Suarez sold for £30/40m the year before we nearly won the title.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:09 pm

I take it back. He might not be a 50mill player (not many players are) but he's worth more than that to us. Should take Suarez kind of money and a willingness from him to move for us to consider selling.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri May 13, 2016 6:06 am

So at the proper awards ceremony Phil sccoped 4 awards including player of the season, you can read the full story here.. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... ers-awards

Emre Can was young player of the year and Brad Smith Academy player of the year

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 am

I read an interview with "the little magician" in the week leading up to the final and in the interview he was very much of the mind that this was a final of no regrets after missing out a couple of times before and how he would do everything he could in the match

If that was the case then where was he the entire match ????   

No player (even if they are one of the best at the club) is above criticism and his performance last night was unacceptable to put it mildly
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 19, 2016 9:42 am

i think coutinho is just knackered, that's all. he probably knows that a lot of the weight of expectation falls on his shoulders and that he is the guy that is looked to to make things happen. its been a long and hard season and he's run out of gas.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion