Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 am

The_Rock » Jan 31st, '15, 10:00 wrote:
Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:07 am wrote:Red till I die

When BR took over the club he took over a team 17 points from 4th - closer to the last relegation spot

Right now with are 5 points from 4th - when we he took over we were nowhere near getting 4th just like the previous 3 seasons - right now we are in the mix for a CL spot not miles away as we were when BR took over.

How about ......

When Rodgers took over .....this team was a successfully winning trophy and challenging in cup finals seen all over the world. Yes.....we were winning cups and going to finals. We won 1 cup and lost the other one to a team which eventually won the champions league.....  :eyebrow

We can play with words all we want but....  The fact is...coming in 2nd is just that..... 2nd. It isn't success. We didn't win the league last season so lets stop painting last season as a success. We lost the 2007 champions league cup final against Milan. Do you think fans consider that a success ?

The king had a plan. His mission was to get us winning stuff again. He was successful. He was then let go as the owners wanted something more from our manager. And you know what Rodgers promised them the sky. And he has failed to fulfil loads of his promises in his 3rd season with this club.

The big question to ask is.....What does he want to achieve with this club ? He comes up with cr@p after cr@p...i just can't see what is his vision for this club.

Do we play Barcelona tiki takka style ?
Do we play possession football ?
Do we play fast counter-attack football ?
Do we even what to use our capable youth team players ?
Do we want to sign average british players because he finds that foreign players don't really respect him ?

Its like Rodgers is making things up as he goes.

This job came too fast for him. If he was smarter and less egoistic he would have gotten help from more experienced coaches. But no... He sticks by his incompetent coaches. They don't know how to coach a successful team challenging on multiple fronts. And Rodgers as $hit doesn't know how to manage one.

"And you know what Rodgers promised them the sky. And he has failed to fulfil loads of his promises in his 3rd season with this club"

Yes, indeed he made a load of promises that he is failing to keep, especially those to do with EPL and CL. It's those promises that got him the money to spend (some have said,  lying to the Owners), otherwise the Owners wouldn't have given so much to him (hence the creation of the Committee to help, which he is very much part off). Anyway, to hear him say that he didn't expect LFC to challenge for the title (after spending vast amounts is scandalous). The Owners and others around him are furious with BR, and particularly for failing to keep those promises..  We'll have to wait till the full review is over (probably the summer) to see the recommendations made, but whether he wins any trophy or not, it's likely he will go imo ( many others think the same). King Kenny won a trophy but that wasn't enough to save him. The same goes for BR, especially because of the promises  he made to the Owners (as you said, the World), and the vast amounts of millions they gave him to spend, wisely, which he didn't do.

He's essentially got LFC playing for the Europa Cup (i.e. lower European places), and that will continue with him in charge. He doesn't plan ahead. He starts last season with philosophy style (slow pace, possession based rubbish with no end product), then changes it because he realised it wasn't working half way through the season. BR has has reverted back to this possession rubbish at the start of this season, what has he learn't?  nothing. He is not learning from any mistakes that he has made. He may become a good manager, but it won't be with LFC. Right now, he is a Coach, nothing more.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 pm

So....

Sturridge back - unbeaten in 8 now in the league , the team with the best form right now - players settling and coming into form , options from the bench and some very bright talent shining through

Not all bad eh

Bright future ahead with a little bit of paitence mixed in
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 pm wrote:So....

Sturridge back - unbeaten in 8 now in the league , the team with the best form right now - players settling and coming into form , options from the bench and some very bright talent shining through

Not all bad eh

'patience'  :D

Something shown in abundance when you turn up week after week to watch the club that you love !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:08 pm

Not all bad eh

Sorry mate but it's ridicules. We are out of the CL ,We aren't competing for the EPL title and worst of all the recognition that it could all have been avoided. So yes i wish i had Amnesia and forget the last horrible month but if you analyse the events you can't be satisfied with BR's performance. And we are just one notorious torn hamstring away from a total catastrophe...You know whom i'm talking about.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm

West Ham striker Andy Carroll has criticised Brendan Rodgers' treatment of him while at Liverpool, telling The Times that he lost respect for the Anfield coach due to his "mixed messages."

Carroll, 26, was signed by then-Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish from Newcastle for 35 million pounds on deadline day of the 2011 January transfer window, but struggled to adapt to life at Anfield.

Rodgers took over in the summer of 2012, and Carroll joined West Ham on loan for the season before completing a permanent move to Upton Park a year later.

Carroll will travel to Anfield to face his old side on Saturday afternoon, and the striker says that while he would have accepted being told he was not part of Rodgers' long-term plans, he claims the Northern Irishman was not honest with him face-to-face.

"With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on," Carroll said. "What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I'd leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

"He would say: 'You're going to play every week, you're going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez'. I'd leave and get home and he would ring me and say: 'Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it's best you should go.' I had just had a conversation with him 10 minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

"It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: 'I think you should go.' To my face it was: 'You'll start every week'. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest."

Carroll says he became angry at his treatment by the Liverpool coach, and saw an exit from Anfield as his only possible choice.

"Another example: I went to Hearts for the [Europa League qualifier]," he said. "I got up there. He said I was starting. I woke up in the morning and he came in and said: 'I think you've got a hamstring problem, you're not going to start.' I said my hamstring was fine. He said I'd be on the bench. I got to the ground and I wasn't even on the bench. I was the only one missing out.

"It was just messing me about. I was angry. I knew it was time to go. I thought I just want to play football. I didn't need this. Under Brendan I knew I was never going to play, with what he was saying to me.

"If he had said straightaway I wasn't going to play, I'd have said fair enough, you're a new manager, it's your decision. You didn't sign me, fair enough. He did it to a few other players, too, players who are not there now. I didn't need to speak to anyone about it. I just knew it was a breakdown. If the manager is treating me like this, [I thought] there is no reason for me to be at Liverpool.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2274154/andy-carroll-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-messed-with-my-head-west-ham-return?

???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 pm

only me » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:

Not all bad eh

Sorry mate but it's ridicules. We are out of the CL ,We aren't competing for the EPL title and worst of all the recognition that it could all have been avoided. So yes i wish i had Amnesia and forget the last horrible month but if you analyse the events you can't be satisfied with BR's performance. And we are just one notorious torn hamstring away from a total catastrophe...You know whom i'm talking about.

Last horrible month ? Do you mean Jan where we lost only once ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:12 pm wrote:West Ham striker Andy Carroll has criticised Brendan Rodgers' treatment of him while at Liverpool, telling The Times that he lost respect for the Anfield coach due to his "mixed messages."

Carroll, 26, was signed by then-Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish from Newcastle for 35 million pounds on deadline day of the 2011 January transfer window, but struggled to adapt to life at Anfield.

Rodgers took over in the summer of 2012, and Carroll joined West Ham on loan for the season before completing a permanent move to Upton Park a year later.

Carroll will travel to Anfield to face his old side on Saturday afternoon, and the striker says that while he would have accepted being told he was not part of Rodgers' long-term plans, he claims the Northern Irishman was not honest with him face-to-face.

"With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on," Carroll said. "What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I'd leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

"He would say: 'You're going to play every week, you're going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez'. I'd leave and get home and he would ring me and say: 'Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it's best you should go.' I had just had a conversation with him 10 minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

"It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: 'I think you should go.' To my face it was: 'You'll start every week'. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest."

Carroll says he became angry at his treatment by the Liverpool coach, and saw an exit from Anfield as his only possible choice.

"Another example: I went to Hearts for the [Europa League qualifier]," he said. "I got up there. He said I was starting. I woke up in the morning and he came in and said: 'I think you've got a hamstring problem, you're not going to start.' I said my hamstring was fine. He said I'd be on the bench. I got to the ground and I wasn't even on the bench. I was the only one missing out.

"It was just messing me about. I was angry. I knew it was time to go. I thought I just want to play football. I didn't need this. Under Brendan I knew I was never going to play, with what he was saying to me.

"If he had said straightaway I wasn't going to play, I'd have said fair enough, you're a new manager, it's your decision. You didn't sign me, fair enough. He did it to a few other players, too, players who are not there now. I didn't need to speak to anyone about it. I just knew it was a breakdown. If the manager is treating me like this, [I thought] there is no reason for me to be at Liverpool.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2274154/andy-carroll-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-messed-with-my-head-west-ham-return?

???

Is that the same Carroll who has spent the last 2.5 years injured and very quiet ?

Rodgers was right to get rid of him.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:21 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:

Not all bad eh

Last horrible month ? Do you mean Jan where we lost only once ?

Month's....From the beginning of the season....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:12 pm wrote:West Ham striker Andy Carroll has criticised Brendan Rodgers' treatment of him while at Liverpool, telling The Times that he lost respect for the Anfield coach due to his "mixed messages."

???

Is that the same Carroll who has spent the last 2.5 years injured and very quiet ?

Rodgers was right to get rid of him.

If you see that as reasonable treatment of a player ,then you're as twisted as Rodgers ,it seems garishly severe and seemingly the manager has more faces
than a fucking clock ....I shudder to think what Balotelli is suffering if Carroll was subjected to such underhand treatment  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 pm

If it was that bad then why did Carroll wait 2 1/2 years to say something -  the same Carroll who that summer was pictured boozing up all over Europe. If BR was the first person to ***** off a player then could understand the moral outrage - but he isn't nor will be be the last - Carroll was the worst signing financially the club ever made - him going was the right thing to do

Balotelli and his agent has already stated that he is happy at Liverpool - no need to shudder
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Those types of stories are nothing new, didn't Benayoun say something similar about Rafa?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 pm wrote:If it was that bad then why did Carroll wait 2 1/2 years to say something -  the same Carroll who that summer was pictured boozing up all over Europe. If BR was the first person to ***** off a player then could understand the moral outrage - but he isn't nor will be be the last - Carroll was the worst signing financially the club ever made - him going was the right thing to do

Balotelli and his agent has already stated that he is happy at Liverpool - no need to shudder

I will leave the shuddering to you fella seems your a bit too frantic in your quest to big up Rodgers ,maybe it would be less traumatic if you accepted some people
actually don't like or trust the man,but you carry on the good fight ,I find your defence amusing but lacking any real substance ,its like listening to someone stammer  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:41 pm wrote:Those types of stories are nothing new, didn't Benayoun say something similar about Rafa?

Yeah lets just dismiss it ,its obvious Rodgers holds all those discernible traits that defines a Liverpool manager  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:01 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:41 pm wrote:Those types of stories are nothing new, didn't Benayoun say something similar about Rafa?

Yeah lets just dismiss it ,its obvious Rodgers holds all those discernible traits that defines a Liverpool manager  ???

Seem to remember you defending Suarez's actions quite a lot over the last few years RBG, what Rodgers said to Carroll is trivial everyday stuff compared to the hot water Suarez regularly found himself in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:06 am

Like a talented young player from the academy he’s a talented young manager who has made mistakes but has showed loads of talent. Some hard lessons this year but keep improving Brendan and we’ll get another shot at the league in the next few years.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion