DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 am

You didn't need a spell checker... I wasn't lying to you... I was telling you the correct spelling...

I understand English isn't your first language (although its probably better than mine...  :laugh: ) but I wouldn't tell you to spell something in the correct way so I can later laugh at you... Its well known I'm a c*nt... but I'm not THAT bad! :D Anyway, regardless of how you ended up learning to spell ridiculous... I'm still proud of you. :D  :buttrock

With regards to Danny, its looking like injuries may also be another reason the likes of Chelsea and City felt he could never be relied on to really reach the top of the game. His attitude for me has always been slightly questionable, but this could be the underlying reason. I've always been at loggerheads with myself over Sturridge, but I do believe my opinions from the off were again justified... unfortunately, we have a manager who underprepared us for this this season despite the spending of a fortune.

To go into a season hoping to play two upfront, with two first choice strikers, a backup striker and a reject is criminal.

Lambert I can forgive, first season, cheap gamble, could have been a masterstroke still think the lad is far better than he's shown so far... but to allow Borini a minute on the pitch shows how underprepared we actually were. Had we signed Remy for example and we'd ended up with both players out that would have been more than forgivable, to go into the season with the correct numbers and quality and come unstuck due to injury wouldn't deserve anything like the same level of critisism. Especially had the other areas of the side been improved on... We had a great example off Spurs of what not to do... we had a decent platform, we should have been looking like a side ready to re-build for another crack at it next year... unfortunately, as Bascombe pointed out, we've gone right back to square one and at present, we look nowhere near getting back to that level.

Funnily enough, tactically I believe we should set up as we did at Madrid away, or similar at least in most games and we'd see a massive improvement both at the back and in allowing our attacking players to flourish... especially against sides not as good as them... I just think Rodgers is far to weak, stupid and clueless and see the soloution that is clearly staring him in the face.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 am

Octsky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 am wrote:as rogers's lfc job hangs in the balance, daniel is his only hope between now to jan, of transfer window open.
rushing daniel back may not be to the interest of lfc but may be an interest to rogers.
so there is a moral hazard here.

Wow... you're living in the twilight zone or what?!  :no

One internet rumour and you've taken it hook, line and sinker.

There is no good reason for the owners to sack the manager.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 am

[/quote]Well that is not true. In fact prior to the Suarez sale it was widely reported we had £60M-£70M to spend.

FFPR dictates the club must break even. Our revenue streams and pursuits of sponsorships continues to bring in extra money. Every club is now maximising the amount of revenue the club as a whole generates.

Consider the Suarez deal topped up the transfer kitty already, I would not be surprised if there's 20-30M available in Jan.[/quote]

SCS, the Club are falling foul of FFP (wages etc).  The Club are not breaking even, and won't for some time. The Club do not have £20 - 30M to spend, unless the Owners want to get in more debt and more trouble with FFP rules. In fact, pending investigation, any monies coming to the Club from CL group stages may be withheld as a result of falling foul of FFP.

Yes, a GK is still priorty, and may be brought in, but not for that much money, we'll see!  Right now, it is a 'sell first, then LFC can buy policy'.

The Club have FFP issues with wages etc, that is why it cannot keep throwing money away like it has done. If the Clubs ambition is to play CL year on year, it has to sort out the money issue. When you look at it, LFC has spent so much money but it's backfired big time. Spending more money and building debt is not wise, remember what happened to Portsmouth!

To summarise, LFC have spent a lot of money on transfers in the last few years and as a result, constantly flaunted the FFP regulations. LFC are now under investigation for falling foul of FFP regulations in respect of wages amongst many other items. The way it's looking, It is enough to have the winnings  from the group stage of the CL withheld. The Owners are looking to sell naming rights for the Stands right now,  and will also continue their pursuit of selling naming rights of the Stadium.

The Owners are reviewing BR's position and are seeking advice and guidance, and from what i've heard, this is advice and guidance outside of the EPL. Why they are going down this road is not clear, this is because it just doesn't sit right that they go outside of the EPL for this expert advice and guidance on the best way forward.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:41 am

Kash_Mountain » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:12 am wrote:SCS, the Club are falling foul of FFP (wages etc).  The Club are not breaking even, and won't for some time. The Club do not have £20 - 30M to spend, unless the Owners want to get in more debt and more trouble with FFP rules. In fact, pending investigation, any monies coming to the Club from CL group stages may be withheld as a result of falling foul of FFP.

Yes, a GK is still priorty, and may be brought in, we'll see!

The Club have FFP issues with wages etc, that is why it cannot keep throwing money away like it has done. If the Clubs ambition is to play CL year on year, it has to sort out the money issue. When you look at it, LFC has spent so much money but it's backfired big time. Spending more money and building debt is not wise, remember what happened to Portsmouth!

To summarise, LFC have spent a lot of money on transfers in the last few years and as a result, constantly flaunted the FFP regulations. LFC are now under investigation for falling foul of FFP regulations in respect of wages amongst other items. The way it's looking, It is enough have the winnings  from the group stage of the CL withheld. The Owners are looking to sell naming rights for the Stands right now,  and will also continue their pursuit of selling naming rights of the Stadium.

Not strictly true either.

FFPR can only be calculated at any one time after the previous years accounts are released. Early this year we announced accounts covering the previous fiscal year (May 2013 - May 2014). It showed losses of £49.8m up to the end of May 2013, and a further £40.5m over the previous 10 months leading to some concerns over whether the club would comply with Uefa's FFP rules.

UEFA at the time announced we would be part of an investigation as we were not participating in UEFA competitions.

That changed 6 months later (the next UEFA review period) where as we were participating in the CL we were subject to their scrutiny checks, despite not announcing our next set of accounts until May 2015.

Since H&G and the FSG takeover the club still hold debts held against them, primarily the loan made by their owners Fenway Sports Group to repay a £38m loan taken out to develop stadium plans by the former proprietors. So immediately FSG have the option of writing off this loan to help satisfy the FFPR. Some will ask why have we even still got debt but the simple answer is why pay it off when it is essentially interest free. Like a student debt you are foolish to pay off such cheap debt early. However as the "cheapness" of this debt may be affected by the FFPR rules, FSG coudl write it off, thus £38M disappearing off the balance sheet overnight.

Under Uefa rules, clubs competing in Europe must limit their losses to £35.4m over two seasons. The next FFPR testing period will only include last year and the previous years losses. We currently have a net loss of £90.3M, and according to analyst estimates we had a net spend in transfer window of £44M (see here - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html) - which obviously includes the sale of Suarez.

Totalling 133M. A large number I agree, however next years accounts will include the prize money for finishing 2nd in the league and all the related PL TV money - which was £97M (http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... 14-140501/) significantly more than the previous season. Plus this season we will cater for both CL TV money and prize/participation money.

Combine this extra revenue with thw additional and continued sponsorships we are negotiating and the power to write off £38M or so off the balance sheet immediately, I have no concerns over a FIFA Financial Fair Play Rules investigation or our ability to spend £20-30M in the next transfer window.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 pm

With regards to FFP i'm very much of the belief the truth is somewhere in the middle of what you and SCS are saying Kash... I do believe there is money available for us, I don't believe its quite as much as £30,000,000 due to the regulations but I do believe "fanancially" we aren't a million miles away.

Aimed at Reg though... I strongly disagree with your last comment about the owners not having reason to sack the manager, I really would like you to expand on this in detail to some degree as my view is so conflicting I'm curious as how you can come out with something I believe to be so bold...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:07 am wrote:With regards to FFP i'm very much of the belief the truth is somewhere in the middle of what you and SCS are saying Kash... I do believe there is money available for us, I don't believe its quite as much as £30,000,000 due to the regulations but I do believe "fanancially" we aren't a million miles away.

Aimed at Reg though... I strongly disagree with your last comment about the owners not having reason to sack the manager, I really would like you to expand on this in detail to some degree as my view is so conflicting I'm curious as how you can come out with something I believe to be so bold...

Err...I'd hazard a guess and say the fact that he took us to within a whisker of the title (plus CL qualification) after half a decade of mid table finishes buys him some leeway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:07 am wrote:With regards to FFP i'm very much of the belief the truth is somewhere in the middle of what you and SCS are saying Kash... I do believe there is money available for us, I don't believe its quite as much as £30,000,000 due to the regulations but I do believe "fanancially" we aren't a million miles away.

Err...I'd hazard a guess and say the fact that he took us to within a whisker of the title (plus CL qualification) after half a decade of mid table finishes buys him some leeway.

In your opinion he "took us to within a whisker of the title and CL qualification".

In my opinion and with clear back up and evidence which is massively backed up over Rodgers entire reign, Suarez was mostly responsible for us nearly winning a title, qualifying for the champions league and nearly achieving the impossible. Rodgers was clearly responsible for blowing the league title against Chelsea, a mistake which could have been forgiven had certain things been addressed in the summer. Unfortunately they weren't, mistakes that were expected were made and lack of improvement followed, not to mention we followed Spurs example of exactly what not to do... How that can be overlooked by yourself I find mind blowing if i'm honest.

In my opinion also his return on transfers after spending over £200,000,000 and his lack of improvement made to the team in the three seasons he's been here also leaves him with masses to answer for. He's actually made area's of the team worse, you also constantly critisize his selection of Gerrard (at times rightly) yet also fail to acknowledge that the defence is no better than when he arrived, the goalie is miles worse and Gerrard and Henderson are still the main midfield players, neither of which were his players (or even good enough for the shirt)....
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Whatever way you want to look at it he took us closer to the title than any manager since 1990 and got us into the CL again after a five year absence. Those are the facts and sacking him just three and a half months after our best season in a quarter of a century would be absolutely ludicrous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 pm

rafas leaving naples to return home to merseyside lol  at end of season how long before rafa sends fsg his CV  I wonder
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm

With the budget BR has had i think Rafa would have won us the title

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:15 am

the thing im finding is most managers are set in there ways Rafa also could be stubborn like very late subs etc. The thing is every team you play against is different if you constantly play the same way surely thats a disadvantage. i know last season before you say. i dont like mourihno but it just seems everytime chelski have a big game say in europe he comes up with a new plan which normally works. All im saying is why carnt managers be more flexible in there thinking. When brendan sold carroll without even seeing him basically that sent a red flag to me and the way hes treating lambert  seems to suggest we have a guy whos basically saying this is the way im gona play and i wont change no matter what. Well if he stays with just mario uptop he could be out of a job by christmas as FSG arent stupid with january transfer window coming up.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:Whatever way you want to look at it he took us closer to the title than any manager since 1990 and got us into the CL again after a five year absence. Those are the facts and sacking him just three and a half months after our best season in a quarter of a century would be absolutely ludicrous.

And when we finish out of the top 4 and miss CL at the end of the season and he brings in more dross what then Yakka?  :no

He will actually be setting us further and further back. Something the likes of you and the rest of the "defenders of the Rodgers realm" fans on here don't want to concede, which unfortunately is MUCH more important in the grand scheme of things.

From a financial and stability point of view we have every right to sack him at the end of this season if we finish outside the top 4 with the money he was allocated. His signings and current tactical management is nothing short of absymal and irrespective of what he did last season, he should be judged by what he does at seasons end. We held on too Benitez for far too long and we can't make the same mistake with Rodgers.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 am

LFC1990 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm wrote:With the budget BR has had i think Rafa would have won us the title

I would argue we may have had a better side on paper, but winning us the title  :laugh: no!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:00 am

Bear in mind:
1. A lot of things Rafa is credited to have 'said' I'm sure is just made up media gossip.
2. Rafa can also be a professional sh!t stirrer when he wants to be,
3. Whilst he went off the rails he learnt a lot from his LFC experience and clearly from Napoli who had a great season last year.

So a lot of good and bad aspects to even considering him, however I wouldn't see it as a step forward to bring the lad back, more an indicator that once again we are in disarray. Stick with BR.

Why are we discussing this in the Sturridge thread?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:55 pm

eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm wrote:With the budget BR has had i think Rafa would have won us the title

I would argue we may have had a better side on paper, but winning us the title  :laugh: no!

Rafas biggest Transfer fee was 20 M for one of the best strikers this club has had in Fernando Torres.

If he was given the budget of 200m that has been quoted that BR has had since he came in then im sure he would have recruited a stronger side and if he had a player of Suarez ability in his side he would have won the league in 2008-2009.

Rafa also would have had the balls to drop Gerrard like he did with Chelsea and drop Terry.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion