DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:40 am

Just put him in the team this weekend and let him run it off.

Seriously though, Sturridges injury has thoroughly exposed BR's fatally flawed striker buys to replace Suarez, looks like Mario could be out as well. How can you spend so much money and end up with Lambert or Borini as only choice.  :no  :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:14 am

Boocity » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm wrote:Just put him in the team this weekend and let him run it off.

Seriously though, Sturridges injury has thoroughly exposed BR's fatally flawed striker buys to replace Suarez, looks like Mario could be out as well. How can you spend so much money and end up with Lambert or Borini as only choice.  :no  :no

Our biggest problem areas from last season were defense and strikers (from losing Suarez), but half the money we spent was on our midfield, and another 12 on a striker we aren't allowed to have yet.

It was risky and we're paying the price now that the most expensive defender, and neither striker we got are doing what's required of them. We need a hard turn in fortune or this will quickly turn into a very long season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:30 am

Let's hope it's a blessing in disguise and bring someone in this Jan window...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:35 am

maguskwt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:Let's hope it's a blessing in disguise and bring someone in this Jan window...

+1
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:02 am

Makes the fact to not sign Remy for a mere £8,500,000 look the worst peice of business the club has done. Sometimes you have to cut your losses to improve the team and increase chances of a decent finish in the league.

Mind you, had Rodgers had signed him he'd have probably not given him the system to shine in.

I keep hearing that players like Balotelli and Lambert aren't doing their jobs... if they knew what their jobs were and they were played to there strengths then maybe then Rodgers would have an excuse... Rodgers is however the type of manager who would have a player like Crouch, then wonder why he's struggling to out pace defenders like Cahill or an on form Ferdinand... then come out in the media and slag them off for not being able to do whats required.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:15 am

F**k there goes any slim hope of finishing fourth  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 am

This injury sheet is a joke  :censored:

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 am

Reg » Nov 19th, '14, 07:35 wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:Let's hope it's a blessing in disguise and bring someone in this Jan window...

+1

Unfortunately, there is no money (FFP etc).  The Club have to sell first to acquire money, then buy. But who is going to pay top money for the players BR may want to sell like Johnson, Enrique et al?  As Ballotelli is also injured, it's Lambert, Borini and some some from the academy. If he fails to give  anyone from the academy a chance now, then he never will.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 am

Kash_Mountain » Nov 19th, '14, 09:27 wrote:

+1

Unfortunately, there is no money (FFP etc).  The Club have to sell first to acquire money, then buy. But who is going to pay top money for the players BR may want to sell like Johnson, Enrique et al? 

As Ballotelli is also injured, it's Lambert, Borini and some from the academy. If he fails to give  anyone from the academy a chance now, then he never will.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:29 am

Kash_Mountain » Nov 19th, '14, 09:27 wrote:

+1

Unfortunately, there is no money (FFP etc).  The Club have to sell first to acquire money, then buy. But who is going to pay top money for the players BR may want to sell like Johnson, Enrique et al?  As Ballotelli is also injured, it's Lambert, Borini and some from the academy. If he fails to give  anyone from the academy a chance now, then he never will.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 am

genuinely gutted for the lad but what a joke of a situation we now find ourselves in  :down:
From whats being reported there will be scan results today so hopefully it isn't as bad as first feared.

He was supposed to be back a few weeks ago then pulled up with an injury in training which put him out for another month and now he has gone and picked up another  :down:  Where is the structured training plan that he was supposed to be on ? y'now the one which is tailored to suit him in order to get the best out of him  :oh: The one that the manager blamed england for not adherring to  :laugh:  I'd say woy is chomping at the bit to wub that in now:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Just a rumor at the moment, but a lot of people on social media suggesting DS will be out until after Xmas, guess we will know very shortly
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm

I would like to know if it is a question of him being fragile or just has no ability to accept pain. I played hurt more times than i can remember and with adrenilin pumping only felt it after the match. I have played with a broken toe, cracked rib and all sorts of ankle issues but it never stopped me. Carra played the CL final with a broken bone in his foot so all these muscle strains do not seem enough to stop him playing for three months.

All athletes play through pain, it is just how it goes. Modern footballers have become pussies!

On a side note maybe had Suarez been more of a pussy he would have missed the WC and still be with us
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:31 pm

There is two sides to that argument though Kazza, there is the other side that footballers often need to be at 100% to compete regularly throughout ninety minutes and need to not have other distractions and also the likes of what happened to Owen where his hamstrings had effectively been destroyed by the age of 22/23 years old from being rushed back. He has his hole career ahead of him and risking it for the short term isn't sensible.

I do think Sturridge is the fragile type and I don't think you can expect that Carragher like steel from him, however, he's played through pain before and I don't think he's a complete wimp, I've seen him take more than one heavy wacks in a match and winced and he's gone on to even score in such games. I've never been his biggest fan, I never will be and I believe people over rate his importance and quality but I'd like to think I'm very balanced when it comes to him.

For me, he's just been a bit unlucky and is a bit fragile, nothing more. Whats more worrying is this ridiculous over reliance on him. We're effectively sat here dismissing our chances of finishing fourth due to missing him so much... when I feel had we signed Remy, I don't think it would be even an issue as both players of a similar level of quality.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:34 pm

It might be that BR keeps rushing him to get fit, though I know he is injury prone, he may just need a bit longer to recover, who knows!  Anyway, If that is the case,  it shows that BR is heavily reliant on an injury prone player to get us back in the grand scheme of things, not a good policy at all. It effectively means that  BR is looking at Sturridge to plaster the cracks that have appeared in all department which are down to his (BR's) stubborn tactics which everyone can see except himself and current crop of Coaches.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion