DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm wrote:With the budget BR has had i think Rafa would have won us the title

I would argue we may have had a better side on paper, but winning us the title  :laugh: no!

Rafas biggest Transfer fee was 20 M for one of the best strikers this club has had in Fernando Torres.

If he was given the budget of 200m that has been quoted that BR has had since he came in then im sure he would have recruited a stronger side and if he had a player of Suarez ability in his side he would have won the league in 2008-2009.

Rafa also would have had the balls to drop Gerrard like he did with Chelsea and drop Terry.

There is no denying that players he brought in like Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger and Torres were quality.

Luis Garcia, Bellamy, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Benayoun and Skrtel were also relatively good buys.

But you can't overlook the following long list of flops:

- Josemi
- Antonio Nunez
- Fernando Morientes (7m)
- Bolo Zenden
- Mohamed Sissoko
- Antonio Barragan
- Godwin Antwi
- Besian Idrizaj
- Miki Roque
- Jan Krompkamp
- Mark Gonzalez
- Gabriel Palatta
- Fabio Aurelio
- Nabil El Zhar
- Alex Cooper
- Jordy Brouwer
- Francisco Duran
- Ronald Huth
- Daniele Padelli
- Jermaine Pennant (7m)
- Lucas
- Andras Simon
- Dean Bouzanis
- Krisztian Nemeth
- Ryan Babel (12m)
- Daniel Pacheco
- Andriy Voronin
- Sebastian Leto
- Gary Stevens
- Mikel San Jose Dominguez
- Daniel Sanchez Ayala
- Gerardo Bruna
- David Amoo
- Damien Plessis
- Emiliano Insua
- Charles Itandje
- Lauri Dalla Valle
- Andrea Dossena (7m)
- Vincent Weijl
- Vitor Coutinho Flora
- Robbie Keane (19m)
- Diego Cavalieri
- Nikola Saric
- Emmanuel Mendy
- David Ngog
- Philipp Degen
- Peter Gulacsi
- Zsolt Poloskei
- Albert Riera (8m)
- Christopher Buchtmann
- Victor Palsson
- Glen Johnson (18m)
- Sotirios Kyrgiakos
- Alberto Aquilani (20m)

That's a death by a thousand cuts over the course of 6 seasons.

The worst being the players I have highlighted costing us over 100m.

For every Torres there was a Aquilani, for every Alonso there was a Babel.......

I think that Benitez was a better manager than Rodgers but you can't point to the fact that just because he brought Torres you can assume that if he was given 200m he would have walked the league with a team of superstars.  :laugh:

His recruiting was very hit and miss. Fans sure do have a short memory.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:55 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm wrote:With the budget BR has had i think Rafa would have won us the title

I would argue we may have had a better side on paper, but winning us the title  :laugh: no!

Rafas biggest Transfer fee was 20 M for one of the best strikers this club has had in Fernando Torres.

If he was given the budget of 200m that has been quoted that BR has had since he came in then im sure he would have recruited a stronger side and if he had a player of Suarez ability in his side he would have won the league in 2008-2009.

Rafa also would have had the balls to drop Gerrard like he did with Chelsea and drop Terry.

:laugh: Oh my days, talk about stupidity! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:09 pm

This was going to be our last chance. Winning the following 4 league games and the 2 CL games, games that are very much winnable, would have set us back on track, team spirit would have been raised again and our chances of finishing in the top 4 would have greatly increased while we would have also qualified for the knock-outs in the CL. With Sturridge out again though, I can't see it happening, and I think we might as well start preparing for another period of mediocrecy.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

You know what...... Sturridge getting injured again can really be a blessing in disguise.

The board & manager for some reason decided that Sturridge will be the main striker this season. So they flank him with all the moneyball *****. None of our signings were meant to replace him. They were bought to complement him.

But this injury will force them to build the team around another big-name striker (from the rumours I hear ...the coaching/management team seems  unhappy with Daniel for his persistent injuries).

So hopefully we will buy another Suarez...and whenever Sturridge is fit, they will make an awesome partnership. And when he gets injured, that striker is good enough to play as a lone forward.

I will make it easier for those idiots in our transfer committee...... The next potential moneyball player whom could potentially be the next Suarez is Lacazette. Get him at all cost from lyon in January.

BTW...we should have really gone for Lacazette  when we missed out on sanchez. We might have gotten him for 20  or 25 million pounds. I am sure a lot of posters in this forum wanted us to sign him in the summer. Well now...he just moved up a level and is scoring loads of goals. He just became a little more expensive.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:26 am

Physio Rooms has him returning on the 10th of January, however, we probably won't see him tin action ill the end of  jan / or some  time in February. My guess is it will be the the latter to ensure he is 100% fit  and ready to return to action. (Coaching staff won't take chances on DS even if he was 90 or 95% fit, they need him 100% fit).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby killerp » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 am

It feels like we lost Suarez AND Sturridge permanently.

I can't see Sturridge ever being fit long enough to be the go to man. someone upstairs should have known better than to put all our eggs in the Balotelli/Lambert/Borini basket. The three of those guys combined don't make one toe on Suarez.

Not to look back at history but Sanchez would have been perfect...  should have taken his family hostage to force through the deal  :devil:
killerp

Postby only me » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:36 am

killerp » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:45 am wrote:It feels like we lost Suarez AND Sturridge permanently.

I can't see Sturridge ever being fit long enough to be the go to man. someone upstairs should have known better than to put all our eggs in the Balotelli/Lambert/Borini basket. The three of those guys combined don't make one toe on Suarez.

Not to look back at history but Sanchez would have been perfect...  should have taken his family hostage to force through the deal  :devil:

Yep pretty simple. Too simple for BR and the rest of the clowns upstairs.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am

only me » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:36 am wrote:
killerp » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:45 am wrote:It feels like we lost Suarez AND Sturridge permanently.

Barcelona snubbed Liverpool's improved offer for Alexis Sanchez so Chile star could secure summer Arsenal switch

By Thomas Jacobs
23:20 03 Nov 2014, updated 02:21 04 Nov 2014

Barcelona took a reported £3million hit in the Alexis Sanchez deal because the Arsenal forward preferred a move to the Emirates.

According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Liverpool made a bigger bid for the Chilean star than their Premier League rivals Arsenal, only for the player and Spanish giants to give the green light to a less lucrative move to the Gunners instead.

The 25-year-old allegedly favoured a switch to Arsene Wenger's side over the Reds, with Barcelona agreeing to the switch despite being left out of pocket.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:30 pm

maguskwt » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:50 am wrote:

Barcelona snubbed Liverpool's improved offer for Alexis Sanchez so Chile star could secure summer Arsenal switch

By Thomas Jacobs

Barcelona took a reported £3million hit in the Alexis Sanchez deal because the Arsenal forward preferred a move to the Emirates.

According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Liverpool made a bigger bid for the Chilean star than their Premier League rivals Arsenal, only for the player and Spanish giants to give the green light to a less lucrative move to the Gunners instead.

The 25-year-old allegedly favoured a switch to Arsene Wenger's side over the Reds, with Barcelona agreeing to the switch despite being left out of pocket.

Yep we are all aware the guy wanted London but we could have found the "right" price for him to sign for LFC. We had Barca by their balls so it shouldn't have been an impossible machine...But we all know our deal makers are total krap and we didn't have quality lined up as backup and now we are in the toilet without ONE proven striker.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:39 pm

maguskwt » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am wrote:

By Thomas Jacobs

Whats your point ?
The Echo reported in the summer that sanchez would not be a part of a deal involving suarez, Barca said If we wanted to sign him we would have to approach the players agent. The fee barca got for him was The fee that he was told he could leave for.
We could have offered another 10mil if we wanted but he was long gone because Arsenal got in there first.
You seem to believe that we just missed out on him but that is so far removed from the truth because we were never even in the running.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Good news that he is close to returning but he was close to it twice before only to break down. Hopefully its a case of 3rd time lucky and he comes back and gets up to speed very quickly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:Good news that he is close to returning but he was close to it twice before only to break down. Hopefully its a case of 3rd time lucky and he comes back and gets up to speed very quickly.

What happens next international break when Danny is fit to play for England?.....  :wwww
killerp

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:11 pm

killerp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:Good news that he is close to returning but he was close to it twice before only to break down. Hopefully its a case of 3rd time lucky and he comes back and gets up to speed very quickly.

What happens next international break when Danny is fit to play for England?.....  :wwww

They will adhere to his strict training regime and not make him do sprints till at least 2 days after playing.  :laugh:

If that fails then they could go to plan B  :nod  loads of sellotape  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:19 pm

With the way the front three are performing at present, how does anyone think DS should be accommodated, it's obvious we need a good striker in there but do we drop one of the current attackers or revert to a flat back 4 and drop a CD.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:19 pm wrote:With the way the front three are performing at present, how does anyone think DS should be accommodated, it's obvious we need a good striker in there but do we drop one of the current attackers or revert to a flat back 4 and drop a CD.

I'd like to see us line up like this -

Mingolet

Can              Skrtel          Sakho

Sterling                Lucas          Henderson            Markovic

Lallana          Coutinho

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion