MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 am

He's got really close ball control even when running at pace.. that with the ability to change direction in a blink of a eye is frightening for defenders. At 25 he's only gonna get better and add more confidence to his game.. let's offer him a 170k a week contract and make sure the snakes don't try to steal him in the summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Lifted from ESPN BRAZIL

"[Klopp] changed something in me," Salah told ESPN. "Now I play closer to the goal than in any club before. If you see my goals and everything I did in my last four or five years, every year is better than the year before.""It's a dream to win the Premier League here after a long time," he said. "A club that hasn't won it for a long time, it's my dream -- honestly. I want to win it with this club."
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:26 pm

maguskwt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 am wrote:Scoring lots of goals in a single season is great... but longevity is even better... If Salah wants be become a club legend, he would have to score 20+ goals each season for at least 5 seasons...

And we need to win stuff. Goes both ways.

Really hope this is the start of something big for us and not another transfer window media circus with Barca, Real or PSG.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 pm

maguskwt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 am wrote:Scoring lots of goals in a single season is great... but longevity is even better... If Salah wants be become a club legend, he would have to score 20+ goals each season for at least 5 seasons...

I think he will.

probably not record numbers but I think 20+ we will see a lot from him barring an injury.

It's not just his goals too, his workrate, vision and passing are exceptional. Against Watford he twice set up firmino and then set up Ings before he scored on the rebound. His weight of pass is excellent and his first touch/control is great too.

He's a top class player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 pm

He's a class act too.

Even apologized to the Watford keeper after the game for knocking 4 past him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:45 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:42 pm wrote:He's a class act too.

Even apologized to the Watford keeper after the game for knocking 4 past him

Haha yeh saw that.

I just hope he beats the PL goals record in one single season! still 7 games to go. Also hoping he scores another 4 against the bitters.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 pm

aCe' » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:08 pm wrote:He is a funny one for me. He doesnt have the quality the likes of Coutinho and Mane have but his movement, pace and awareness are top class. It would be interesting to see if he can maintain his scoring form; I had him down as a 15 goal player but he's on course to get to that number before Christmas.

Still not sure he makes our best 11 based on ability, first name on the team sheet on form though.

28 goals and counting Ace :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm

If we can add a 4th player in that Coutinho role who can chip in goals then we are in business.

I'm unsure what role will Keita play...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:15 pm

redshade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm wrote:I'm unsure what role will Keita play...

7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:15 am wrote:
redshade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm wrote:I'm unsure what role will Keita play...

:laugh:

Nah, Keita is more of a forward player. Playing from deep isn't his best quality. He'll probably play as a left central midfielder in a midfield of three, having a free, box to box role. I'm pretty sure he'll wear the number 8 as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:43 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:56 pm

redshade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm wrote:If we can add a 4th player in that Coutinho role who can chip in goals then we are in business.

I'm unsure what role will Keita play...

Is that necessary tho? I'd argue we've looked a lot more defensively sound due to the 3 engines in midfield. They're much better protected with a 3 man midfield. If Keita does a box to box job then he can be the attacking threat alongside 2 midfielders.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 pm

metalhead » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 am wrote:
aCe' » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:08 pm wrote:He is a funny one for me. He doesnt have the quality the likes of Coutinho and Mane have but his movement, pace and awareness are top class. It would be interesting to see if he can maintain his scoring form; I had him down as a 15 goal player but he's on course to get to that number before Christmas.

Still not sure he makes our best 11 based on ability, first name on the team sheet on form though.

Yea he's having an insane season. Lets hope it continues until end of the season and we finish in the top4.

On Coutinho needing replacing, does he really ? I said before the Keita signing that he would be Coutinho's replacement and I still think that's how Klopp sees it. I'm not sure where a Lemar or Draxler would fit in the starting 11 ? Possibly replacing Mane as things stand ? We'd probably be better off finding either a young playmaker type of player who is comfortable coming off the bench or we rely on Lallana for that role.
Our main problem when Coutinho was around was with the shape of the side, we lost some creativity (+threat from set pieces) with his departure but our shape and formation look better as things stand.

Ox is an interesting piece in the side; I think Keita coming in the summer + Lallana returning to fitness limits his chances in the middle of the park. Him and Origi are potential backup for our front 3 but we probably need at least one more addition.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:28 am

aCe' » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm wrote:
metalhead » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 am wrote:

Yea he's having an insane season. Lets hope it continues until end of the season and we finish in the top4.

On Coutinho needing replacing, does he really ? I said before the Keita signing that he would be Coutinho's replacement and I still think that's how Klopp sees it. I'm not sure where a Lemar or Draxler would fit in the starting 11 ? Possibly replacing Mane as things stand ? We'd probably be better off finding either a young playmaker type of player who is comfortable coming off the bench or we rely on Lallana for that role.
Our main problem when Coutinho was around was with the shape of the side, we lost some creativity (+threat from set pieces) with his departure but our shape and formation look better as things stand.

Ox is an interesting piece in the side; I think Keita coming in the summer + Lallana returning to fitness limits his chances in the middle of the park. Him and Origi are potential backup for our front 3 but we probably need at least one more addition.

I'm fairly optimistic about top 4, on paper we have a good run so if we keep a bit of consistency we might end up 3rd.

I'm not sure Klopp is interested in bringing Lemar either. I think he wants to go for another holding mid or a CM especially that Can's future is up in the air. Paul Joyce linked us with Jorginho, who I think is a really good player but not sure he's the type of playmaker we need. Maybe someone like Luka Modric who plays a deeper role and Keita moving a bit a forward?

I still think Klopp will go for Pulisic, he's a great talent and would be a great rotation/backup for Mane or Salah until he matures.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Salah superb goal vs Portugal during the internationals

https://youtu.be/1Iv206CNL74

Cracking strike
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion