I'm sick off all this "because he's english" - Bull***t from foreigners...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:05 am

Everyone from outside the U.K. please stop talking junk about players being overpriced simply because they are English.

Its annoying and boardering on discrimination/racism aswell as being bloody pathetic.

Players that are overpriced are ones that teams don't want to sell. So they take as much money as they can get, do you think if Rooney had been from Greenland he'd have automatically cost less?

The reason Rooney cost so much...

He was a youth player who "loved the club" and is one of the brightest prospects ever in world football.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:12 am

agree Stu.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:43 am

Stu where did you get your crystal ball? Wayne Rooney is a one of the brighest footballs propsects? I didn't hear that when he played for Everton.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:46 am

A.B, you could see he had the talent at Everton but either he idn't play as mcuh as he should cos Moyes was "protecting" him and the service from Evertons' midfield wasn't great.
He showed what he can do at Euro 2004 and unfortunately has started well at ManU. I don't like to say iot but he has immense talent and has the potential to be one of the best strikers the world has ever seen.
Stop the biased opinions against Manu and realise that he is a class player (although he's a ******).
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sinema » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:29 am

LFC #1 wrote:A.B, you could see he had the talent at Everton but either he idn't play as mcuh as he should cos Moyes was "protecting" him and the service from Evertons' midfield wasn't great.
He showed what he can do at Euro 2004 and unfortunately has started well at ManU. I don't like to say iot but he has immense talent and has the potential to be one of the best strikers the world has ever seen.
Stop the biased opinions against Manu and realise that he is a class player (although he's a ******).

Good point, AB was was sadly critical of Rooney, especially when United signed him.  "Waste of money" etc.  Memory loss is supposed to be confined to us oldies.  Credit where credit is due.  If he played for us he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Infact, he is, no matter who he plays for.
I can't understand this hatred of all things Man. U. or Everton.
We support Liverpool.  We demean ourselves with petty jealousies and childish rantings.
Let's just admire talent, and hope we can have more than most.
sinema

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:31 am

true sinema, although i severely dislike rooney I can recognise he is a talent.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:42 am

sinema wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:A.B, you could see he had the talent at Everton but either he idn't play as mcuh as he should cos Moyes was "protecting" him and the service from Evertons' midfield wasn't great.

Good point, AB was was sadly critical of Rooney, especially when United signed him.  "Waste of money" etc.  Memory loss is supposed to be confined to us oldies.  Credit where credit is due.  If he played for us he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Infact, he is, no matter who he plays for.
I can't understand this hatred of all things Man. U. or Everton.
We support Liverpool.  We demean ourselves with petty jealousies and childish rantings.
Let's just admire talent, and hope we can have more than most.

Sure he has talent, I'm not saying that he doesn't. However at Everton he wasn't a football "prospect" until he signed with Utd.

It seems that everyone has a crystal ball and can tell that Rooney will be the next thing since lets say Pele, wtf? He was shut down by Boro's defence. He scores three goals and boom he's the next big thing in the world. Give me a break. It will take more than one hat trick against a Turkish team to make him the next big thing.

I'm not being biased against Utd, I'm saying it like it is.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:45 am

A.B. wrote:However at Everton he wasn't a football "prospect" until he signed with Utd.

yes he was, it is just since he has moved to Manu the media coverage of him has escalated.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sinema » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:54 am

Sure he has talent, I'm not saying that he doesn't. However at Everton he wasn't a football "prospect" until he signed with Utd.

It seems that everyone has a crystal ball and can tell that Rooney will be the next thing since lets say Pele, wtf? He was shut down by Boro's defence. He scores three goals and boom he's the next big thing in the world. Give me a break. It will take more than one hat trick against a Turkish team to make him the next big thing.

I'm not being biased against Utd, I'm saying it like it is.

AB.  Please read what you've just posted. You say that Rooney wasn't a prospect until he signed for United.  What the hell are you talking about?  Tell Fergie he broke the bank for someone who wasn't even a prospect.  Your capacity for animosity astounds me.  Just for once- if you don't know what you're talking about, turn the computer off and go to bed.
sinema

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:56 am

sinema wrote:Just for once- if you don't know what you're talking about, turn the computer off and go to bed.

:D  :p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:02 am

You say that Rooney wasn't a prospect until he signed for United.  What the hell are you talking about?  Tell Fergie he broke the bank for someone who wasn't even a prospect.  Your capacity for animosity astounds me.  Just for once- if you don't know what you're talking about, turn the computer off and go to bed.

Learn how to use the 'quote' button.

Read your post and rethink wtf you just said. A player who got booked more than he scored goals does not impress me.  Rooney becomes "King of English Football"  because he signs for Man Utd.

When he scores 25+ goals in the Premiership and becomes European Footballer of the year he will be something. A hat trick against a garbage Turkish team does not impress me.

He has talent, he has potential, but get of your high horse and realize that you can not see what will be in his future.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:06 am

A.B. wrote:hat trick against a garbage Turkish team does not impress me.

i for one know how to use the quote button.  :D

anyway Fenerbahce are the best team in Turkey, and are by no means garbage, Unfortunately manU and Rooney played well that night and you can't deny it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:13 am

They aren't garbage? Galatasaray is a far superior team than Fenerbache but never the less just talking about the Turkish league is laughable. If we were to play the best team in one of the weakest league on the planet we would win. The Turkish league is simply a damn  joke.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:15 am

i assure you Fenerbahce is better than Galatasaray and have been for the last season and a half. My mate is a Turk so i follow the turkish league a bit and it isn't a bad league, they do all right in the UEFA Cup and their national team although inconsistent has a lot of talent.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:18 am

Comparing an English club to a Turkish club is the same as comparing an English club to the best club in USA 'soccer' league.

I don't know if you watched the game against Boro but in case you did not Rooney hardly had a clear chance of scoring. He was shut down by an above average defence.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion