Red Star B v Liverpool 6/11 17:55

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Boocity » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 am wrote:It really was down to Klopp not taking RSB seriously. The one area of The pitch you want your strongest and most consistent is defence and the change of Gomez/Matip was just a way of keeping Matip happy. Also why he thought having Milner and Lallana in a midfield 3 baffles me. And what was all this bullsh1t about not taking Shaq so not to antagonize them, why not p1ss them off.i doubt they would have the same scruples if It was the other way round.

The Matip/Gomez change didn't really make a difference...our problem was fielding soft players like Lallana and Daniel as well as keeping Shaq/Lovern at home projecting fear into our players minds..
Mental preparation was ,again ,not good enough...Klopp can talk as much as he want his team wasn't ready for the task.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:well I hope they haven't left there without stopping off to pick up Buvac first. Beginning to think his absence is being felt by the squad as we just seem to look disjointed every game lately.

We got what we deserved tbh. it was a spineless performance combined with the fear of a noisy stadium. First half was awful and all that possession in the second half with nothing to show for it. Knew once we went one down we weren't getting anything never mind when the second went in.

We are all waiting for us to kick into gear but that is looking further away than ever. Its battling every game now and some of our lads haven't got that fight in them. We are still top of the group but have 2 tough games that we are going to need at least 4 points from so we need to seriously up our game or were out. Its as simple as that.

Klopp was asked about Buvac and made no comment. Still working out his exit plan apparently.
I honestly can't see us getting out of the group. On paper we're stronger than Napoli but they play with fight and spirit, not like us this season. The only way I see us winning against them is if we have another game like the  BVB one. I don't think we have enough to get a result in Paris either.
There's something seriously wrong at the moment, whether it's one or two players sulking over contracts, or angling for a move, or just not believing in the manager.

Klopp needs to suck it up and make peace with Buvac. He has always credited him with being the brain behind us so is it any wonder we look totally headless now that his influence has all but disappeared. What we had and are building was orchestrated by both men so when you break up that dynamic there is bound to be some sort of repercussions and that has filtered down to how we are playing this season imo.

It will be tough to get through this group now and i also think its beyond us with how we are currently playing. We are not hard to play against as long as your disciplined and are up for it and that is why I think we are going out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:33 pm

algymoon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 am wrote:I hate to criticise the manager,

Don't be talking shyte lad  :laugh: Its all you come on here for  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:01 pm

only me » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm wrote:
Boocity » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 am wrote:It really was down to Klopp not taking RSB seriously. The one area of The pitch you want your strongest and most consistent is defence and the change of Gomez/Matip was just a way of keeping Matip happy. Also why he thought having Milner and Lallana in a midfield 3 baffles me. And what was all this bullsh1t about not taking Shaq so not to antagonize them, why not p1ss them off.i doubt they would have the same scruples if It was the other way round.

The Matip/Gomez change didn't really make a difference...our problem was fielding soft players like Lallana and Daniel as well as keeping Shaq/Lovern at home projecting fear into our players minds..
Mental preparation was ,again ,not good enough...Klopp can talk as much as he want his team wasn't ready for the task.

I think Klopp was right to leave those two at home last night given the situation. It would have been an accelerant to fuel an already hostile atmosphere due to the hatred they have for each other. Imagine Shaquiri came on, Scored and ran off celebrating like he did at the W.C  :eyebrow Not one of them would have got out of that stadium alive. There is a reason they had no travelling fans in Anfield or Paris and its because they cannot control themselves at home and the club can't control them either.

Those two being there would have put the safety of the entire team at risk.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:22 pm

I thought if level on points it is decided by GD but realised it will be head 2 head. So given Napoli beat us 1-0 we will have to beat them by 2 clear goals.

If we can manage a draw or miraculously beat PSG that would do us wonders.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:39 pm

redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:22 pm wrote:I thought if level on points it is decided by GD but realised it will be head 2 head. So given Napoli beat us 1-0 we will have to beat them by 2 clear goals.

If we can manage a draw or miraculously beat PSG that would do us wonders.

At least it's at Anfield, we are often at our best when our backs are to the wall and we need a result at home.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 pm

We shouldn't still be reliant on Milner in particular when we've invested a lot of money on Fabhino and Keita. I know Keita has a knock but these guys where recruited to upgrade MF but so far haven't delivered.

Poor Milner looked ready for the knackers yard in Belgrade and Lallana has always been style over content.

Klopp has tried to rotate, changed formations, but nothing is working short term.

Somehow we need to get that magic back and fast because there can be no mistakes fighting a superpower like Man City.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:01 pm wrote:
only me » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm wrote:

I think Klopp was right to leave those two at home last night given the situation. It would have been an accelerant to fuel an already hostile atmosphere due to the hatred they have for each other. Imagine Shaquiri came on, Scored and ran off celebrating like he did at the W.C  :eyebrow Not one of them would have got out of that stadium alive. There is a reason they had no travelling fans in Anfield or Paris and its because they cannot control themselves at home and the club can't control them either.

Those two being there would have put the safety of the entire team at risk.

come on mate we didnt play in Falluja or Kandahar...He should have brought them sit them on the bench display some unity and solidarity.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Lovren didn’t make the starting line up because he picked up an illness overnight

And it was right to not take Shaqiri
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Milner is normally garbage in Europe as well. Lallana isn't up to the required standard, and Hendo...FFS !

The midfield, when all fit has to be something like:

Keita/Shaqiri     Fabinho    Wjnaldum
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/shocking-statistic-emerges-liverpool-midfield-15381438

3 midfielders and not one tackle in the entire 90 mins ,that's just unbelievable
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 am

I'm not Hendo's biggest fan but we could have done with him there, at least he gets stuck in.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Fabinho should have definitely played in this one. It was Gini that needed a rest and it showed.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 pm wrote:Milner is normally garbage in Europe as well. Lallana isn't up to the required standard, and Hendo...FFS !

The midfield, when all fit has to be something like:

Keita/Shaqiri     Fabinho    Wjnaldum

Milner while not the most talented player out their is a fearless warrior and a leader for the team so show some respect!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm

What makes it worse is the most expensive player in Red Stars side cost £2m, most of their team cost less than a million.
Apparently that victory on Wednesday was their first ever win in the CL proper and when you consider that the CL has been going since 1992 it kinda puts it into perspective.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games