Red Star B v Liverpool 6/11 17:55

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 pm

well I hope they haven't left there without stopping off to pick up Buvac first. Beginning to think his absence is being felt by the squad as we just seem to look disjointed every game lately.

We got what we deserved tbh. it was a spineless performance combined with the fear of a noisy stadium. First half was awful and all that possession in the second half with nothing to show for it. Knew once we went one down we weren't getting anything never mind when the second went in.

We are all waiting for us to kick into gear but that is looking further away than ever. Its battling every game now and some of our lads haven't got that fight in them. We are still top of the group but have 2 tough games that we are going to need at least 4 points from so we need to seriously up our game or were out. Its as simple as that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 pm

It was a poor performance but if Sturridge puts than chance away, we may well have been looking at a different result today. With his finishing ability, still struggling to get my head round how he managed to blaze over.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 am

red till i die!! » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:well I hope they haven't left there without stopping off to pick up Buvac first. Beginning to think his absence is being felt by the squad as we just seem to look disjointed every game lately.

We got what we deserved tbh. it was a spineless performance combined with the fear of a noisy stadium. First half was awful and all that possession in the second half with nothing to show for it. Knew once we went one down we weren't getting anything never mind when the second went in.

We are all waiting for us to kick into gear but that is looking further away than ever. Its battling every game now and some of our lads haven't got that fight in them. We are still top of the group but have 2 tough games that we are going to need at least 4 points from so we need to seriously up our game or were out. Its as simple as that.

Klopp was asked about Buvac and made no comment. Still working out his exit plan apparently.
I honestly can't see us getting out of the group. On paper we're stronger than Napoli but they play with fight and spirit, not like us this season. The only way I see us winning against them is if we have another game like the  BVB one. I don't think we have enough to get a result in Paris either.
There's something seriously wrong at the moment, whether it's one or two players sulking over contracts, or angling for a move, or just not believing in the manager.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:52 am

What gets me is none of the front 3 are playing well, you'd maybe expect one or at worst two to be out of form but all 3 at once? It's been months as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:16 am

Thing is we say the front 3 are not playing well but Mane is on 6 league goals so far, one off being joint top scorer in the league. Similarly Salah is on 5 goals with 3 assists. Firmino as a striker is struggling a bit on 2 goals and 2 assists.

W'eve had tough fixtures in Chelsea, City and Arsenal recently and the managers from all those teams are pretty tactically astute and no doubt would have set out plans to try and keep  our forwards quiet. Sarri and Emery are very good tactically and even Guardiola who usually gets his team to have a go, set up his team not lose first and foremost when they came to Anfield with their fullbacks more focused on defending rather than supporting attacks.
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:46 am

Very disappointing. Much of the stress we come under later in the season/cup competitions we bring upon ourselves.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mongthuy91 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 am

Liverpool win
mongthuy91
LFC newBie

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 am

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 pm wrote:Nothing like a bit of overreaction  :D

Beat PSG and we go through with a game to spare.

So you think beating PSG on their own patch is a formality due you? :D

Beating Napoli at Anfield also is going to be a tough task, judging by how they are playing so far, and the way we have been playing this season.

If our last two games were against red star, then yes I would be confident (or maybe not?) of going through. Now we need at Least four points from the last two.

A draw versus PSG and a win v Napoli would now be enough, but are we playing well enough to achieve it!??

It's not knee jerk. I'm just stating a fact.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 am

Napoli-6 -+1
LFC----6 -+2
PSG---5 - +4
Red---4

PSG v LFC
Napoli v Red

LFC v Napoli
Red v PSG

If Napoli smash Red Star they could easily increase their GD.
This is starting to remind me of olympiacos.

I can't see us getting a result against PSG.

Both Napoli and PSG will beat Red star so it just leaves us needing a victory vs Napoli.

Depending on how big Napoli beat Red and if we lose to PSG. Goal difference could be out of reach.

We love to make things hard for ourselves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 am

redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:35 am wrote:Napoli-6 -+1
LFC----6 -+2
PSG---5 - +4
Red---4

PSG v LFC
Napoli v Red

LFC v Napoli
Red v PSG

If Napoli smash Red Star they could easily increase their GD.
This is starting to remind me of olympiacos.

I can't see us getting a result against PSG.

Both Napoli and PSG will beat Red star so it just leaves us needing a victory vs Napoli.

Depending on how big Napoli beat Red and if we lose to PSG. Goal difference could be out of reach.

We love to make things hard for ourselves.

Looking at that we are in serious danger of going out, pity Napoli are playing Red Star in Naples, if that match was in Serbia we might have had a chance but given it's in Italy Napoli will probably stuff them.
Cant believe we find ourselves in this position, especially after beating PSG at Anfield, the group should have been relatively straightforward after that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 am

Doeboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 am wrote:Thing is we say the front 3 are not playing well but Mane is on 6 league goals so far, one off being joint top scorer in the league. Similarly Salah is on 5 goals with 3 assists. Firmino as a striker is struggling a bit on 2 goals and 2 assists.

W'eve had tough fixtures in Chelsea, City and Arsenal recently and the managers from all those teams are pretty tactically astute and no doubt would have set out plans to try and keep  our forwards quiet. Sarri and Emery are very good tactically and even Guardiola who usually gets his team to have a go, set up his team not lose first and foremost when they came to Anfield with their fullbacks more focused on defending rather than supporting attacks.

They've scored a few but we just don't look the same attacking force that was the scourge of Europe last year. Last season everytime we broke or went forward we looked so slick but this season everything looks so scrappy and untidy.
I feel sorry for Jurgen, he tries to change things around but what happens? Sturridge misses an open goal from 6 yards out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 am

I hate to criticise the manager, however, since this nutcase had been in charge and every season we see initial have positive performances, but so after that we witness the steady decline, this is can only indicate that this f*cking manager is no f*cking good, and he is a stupid  manager, really you cannot compare him with likes of M.City, Chelsea, Arsenal managers.

It was an inept performance, why the nutcase replaced Sturridge with the master of the duds Firmino, at least Sturridge looked the more likely striker to score, whereas the dud was giving the ball away since he came on, As for Abu Falafel Salah was f*cking useless, and as always, he is living on his fame of one wonder season!, Wijaldum, Origi, Milner, Matip, etc were Sh*t, apart from Robertson
I don't think they would qualify for the next stage, this team has no fighting spirits!
algymoon

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:52 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 am wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 am wrote:Thing is we say the front 3 are not playing well but Mane is on 6 league goals so far, one off being joint top scorer in the league. Similarly Salah is on 5 goals with 3 assists. Firmino as a striker is struggling a bit on 2 goals and 2 assists.

They've scored a few but we just don't look the same attacking force that was the scourge of Europe last year. Last season everytime we broke or went forward we looked so slick but this season everything looks so scrappy and untidy.
I feel sorry for Jurgen, he tries to change things around but what happens? Sturridge misses an open goal from 6 yards out.

Begs the question do we look different since Buvac left?? Well attacking wise we do, maybe we are just looking for excuses i don't know but our attack just doesn't seem right.

Klopp this season has changed how we play and it is understandable given the amount of games we will play. However what i have noticed is that when we do attack that beautiful sync play seems to have gone.
Last edited by redshade on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:54 am

It really was down to Klopp not taking RSB seriously. The one area of The pitch you want your strongest and most consistent is defence and the change of Gomez/Matip was just a way of keeping Matip happy. Also why he thought having Milner and Lallana in a midfield 3 baffles me. And what was all this bullsh1t about not taking Shaq so not to antagonize them, why not p1ss them off.i doubt they would have the same scruples if It was the other way round.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 pm

So if we lose to PSG away we need to beat Napoli by 2 goals at Anfield to go through.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games