Man Utd Vs Liverpool 24/02  14:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm

The big one!!!

Nervy about this match usually I'm always anxious when we play these lot because beating them always feels like we won a trophy or something lol. This time the stakes are huge.
A draw is minimum requirement and if we do get it I'd be fine.
A win would do us wonders and keep us 3 points ahead of the other w*nkers from Manchester.

A loss and we are feked still loads of games to play but i feel a loss will just kill off our vibe.

These lot have been playing well since our last meeting. If Martial and Lingard are available they will play quick counters.

I want us to Gengenpress the fek out of them. We really need the front lads to put on their shooting boots. At the back i feel we will be fine unless they score a freak goal.

Also like few mentioned we need to nulify Pogba. Possibly keep Hendo or Fab on him.

I don't even know what to predict for this one...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Under different circumstances a draw would be a good result...in the current situation I think it would be deflating and defeat is really unthinkable - as I said in another thread, it would then be out of our hands.

Even if we matched city's results till the end of the season we would lose it on GD. I can't see us catching up 10+ goals in 11 games.
We would need other teams to do us a favour.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 pm

electrum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:36 pm wrote:Under different circumstances a draw would be a good result...in the current situation I think it would be deflating and defeat is really unthinkable - as I said in another thread, it would then be out of our hands.

Even if we matched city's results till the end of the season we would lose it on GD. I can't see us catching up 10+ goals in 11 games.
We would need other teams to do us a favour.

I know what you are saying mate but it's going to be tough, I think we've only won twice at OT in our last 14 or 15 games or something like that. We haven't got a good record there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:31 pm

They are going to be seriously up for this one. Saying that, I really can't see us losing this and gut feeling is it will end in an entertaining draw. I thought they would be missing Martial and Lingaard but seems to be suggested they may make the game.
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:40 am

Every season I miss a super important match and this season will be no different. Sadly I won't be watching this one. And I was really looking forward to it :(

Anyway, I think we must win. Yes, it's going to be a tough ask, but we want to win the league then this is what we must do. We lost points in games where we shouldn't have so we must make up for it.

As for the game itself, like other posters have said, they rely heavily on Rashford and especially Pogba, so we must keep those two at bay. We'll line-up with the usual suspects in defence and attack but it'll be interesting to see who we pick in midfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:03 am

At the end of the day it is up to the players, they show up and it should be a formality. Our team is so much better and more balanced than theirs but who will hold their nerve, that is the question. We are done with being nearly men, it is time for us to shine and take back what is ours. Let’s show the world it is now our time!

I have a bet with a w@nker ManUre fan who loves to talk sh1t, 20 pushups to the loser and 20 additional for each extra goal. So my prediction is he does 80 pushups and stops talking sh1t except to remind me they have 20 and we have 19.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 am

Being honest I don't fancy us to win.
I think to win we are going to have to go there and play exceptionally well but lately every time we build a game up (this is our biggest game in x years etc) we just don't seem to be able to get out of second gear. I don't know if our players are tightening up slightly under the pressure/weight of expectation but whatever it is we need to find a way of taking the brake off in big games.
United and their fans are going to be so fired up for this one, make no mistake we are really going into the lions den on Sunday, traditionally and statistically OT is the toughest place in English football for us to go, can we turn up at our bogey ground on Sunday when the pressure gauge is cranked up to 11 and actually play well?
I really, really, really hope we can find a performance from somewhere but hand on heart I think it will be another one of those games where there won't be much in it but United will either get a pen, a lucky break or one of our players will make an error and United will shade it. A typical OT game in other words.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

I don’t care who wins as long as we score 5 and Man United don’t score. Feckin’ hate the Mancs and I hope Solskaya sees his ar$e. Come on reds!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm

This is the toughest team we will face till the end of the season ,Win this and the whole psychology changes ,Lose and go home..
PSG have spanked them at OT so they aren't invincible but we need bring our vary best. It's going be nerve wracking but i fancy us to rise up to the occasion.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm

One obvious prediction is De Gea making some amazing out of the world saves. It will be a close encounter and could be decided by a lucky break/goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

We have looked leggy the past month particularly the front 3 who are not rotated and we rely on their pressing and running power. For sure this has dipped.

It's a very hard game as the motivation of our opponent is considerably higher even than in Munich.

Historically we usually lose at Old Trafford but when we do win its a big win. If we can really pump them it would massive psychologically for us and a hammer to the skull for City.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Yup a historic 1-0 victory would be sweet.

I haven't watched mannure that much during their tenure under OGS. When i have I've noticed they are quick on the counters. Pogba is the middle man usually feeding the pacey attackers. Robbo and TAA have to be on ball for this one.

Just wondering are both sides going to be cautious and wait for the right moment or will we see a crazy high tempo game.

One advantage they have over us is their bench. If it is 0-0 by 70 mins they can bring in Lukaku or Sanchez. Both have got the quality to change the game.

I've got a feeling a peno will decide this one.

Given Mannure are quick we must remember we've got a strong defense under the leadership of VVD. Our defense is definitely better than theirs. I feel we will open them up but key is getting the ball past De Gea who can sometimes make alien saves.

A win would be awesome but a draw won't be the end of the world. At least we will be a point ahead of City.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 am

As Only Me says if we do manage to win there on Sunday the momentum that would give us would be off the charts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 am

I really hope Klopp let's the team go back to the gegenpress of last year. A few stray passes and losing the ball to us will quiet their crowd down.
Even if it means going back to the 4-2 or 4-3 nail-biting type win just for the day.. I'd rather we went out on our shield than have a tepid display that gives us a loss and probably derails our title chances and takes it out of our hands at the very least.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 am

I honestly could'nt give a flying fk how we play and if Origi scores in the last seconds of the game from a ***** up to win then I'll take that. I absolutely hate everything about these ***** and they will do everything they can to win the game. Ironically they would rather their noisy Sh*t awful neighbours win the title than us.I think this is possibly our biggest Premiership game in a very very long time and winning is the only option.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney