Red Star B v Liverpool 6/11 17:55

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am wrote:No wonder the place is a ghost - dinosaurs rattling around the place sucking the hell out of any sort of positivity, no doubt the mutes that fill the kop end and just whinge all the way through - the ones still stuck back in 70/80’s with no clue on modern football

Us dinosaurs as you so eloquently put it, or this particular dinosaur has been supporting the team with his presence for 30 years plus ,from the Boys Pen to the Kop. I've seen many triumphs and I've witnessed abject failure and I've seen managers come and go. I'm not suggesting your opinion is less relevant than any other who posts on this forum because the forum represents a platform to express many multifarious views and that's why its enjoyed such longevity because its home to an eclectic group who hold differing perspectives on the game.

I've lost count of the number of posters who have attempted to condescend or undermine other posters opinions because it simply doesn't conform with their own take on 'modern football' ,football is intrinsically the same and the only real changes are the views of the impatient beauts who frequent social media and even worse the people who are pliable enough to hang off their every word.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:26 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am wrote:No wonder the place is a ghost - dinosaurs rattling around the place sucking the hell out of any sort of positivity, no doubt the mutes that fill the kop end and just whinge all the way through - the ones still stuck back in 70/80’s with no clue on modern football

Us dinosaurs as you so eloquently put it, or this particular dinosaur has been supporting the team with his presence for 30 years plus ,from the Boys Pen to the Kop. I've seen many triumphs and I've witnessed abject failure and I've seen managers come and go. I'm not suggesting your opinion is less relevant than any other who posts on this forum because the forum represents a platform to express many multifarious views and that's why its enjoyed such longevity because its home to an eclectic group who hold differing perspectives on the game.

I've lost count of the number of posters who have attempted to condescend or undermine other posters opinions because it simply doesn't conform with their own take on 'modern football' ,football is intrinsically the same and the only real changes are the views of the impatient beauts who frequent social media and even worse the people who are pliable enough to hang off their every word.

You’re not the only one with 30 plus years of supporting the club - and in that 30 years plus I have also seen the ups and spectacular downs hence why right now when we are clearly going on an up it’s  frustrating to see such constant negativity and suggests the team has regressed ?!

I could understand if we were struggling but right now we are keeping pace with prob one of the best teams in the past 20 years - a bit of fluency is missing but there is so much to be hopefully for coming into the future

It’s jsut depressing as hell to see the constant drone of negativity
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am wrote:

Where as you are some sort of great sage who knows everything about football? lol.
And as for trying to portray the Kop end as some sort of bastion of great support  :laugh:
And we're the ones stuck in the 70's!

So far this season I have struggled to see you post anything positive and instead it’s the constant droning moaning especially just focusing on one area - by doing it you give a free ride to others that have bad games.

It’s all on the up yet some want to stay in the depths of the negativity that started when that owl face fraud arrived

Don't think Yakka constantly moans. He is just objective and calls things as he sees them. See him dish out praise when it's due and call out issues when he sees them.

Problem is a lot of our fans go overboard (lot of it fueled by the media)when we are doing well and if anyone goes against the grain and raises concerns, the happy clappers seem to take issue with it.

Until we win consistently win silverware again, think a lot of fans will be vary of another false dawn
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:40 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:26 pm wrote:

You’re not the only one with 30 plus years of supporting the club - and in that 30 years plus I have also seen the ups and spectacular downs hence why right now when we are clearly going on an up it’s  frustrating to see such constant negativity and suggests the team has regressed ?!

I could understand if we were struggling but right now we are keeping pace with prob one of the best teams in the past 20 years - a bit of fluency is missing but there is so much to be hopefully for coming into the future

It’s jsut depressing as hell to see the constant drone of negativity

People come on here to vent fella,its a forum and if we all concurred it would be tedious in the extreme but retaining a supercilious manner whilst frowning at those who don't see our progress in the same light as yourself is hovering dangerously on the cusp of pompous.

The teams above us now are starting to play with a swagger we on the other hand 'regardless of our close proximity in the table' are not and expressing such concerns is part and parcel of having a discernible voice. If we don't start integrating the new players we procured with the express intention of improving our midfield then we will fall out of contention,as the difference in style in comparison with those challenging is currently light and shade ,its really that simple !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 pm

The new players are starting to integrate into the team - Alisson obviously has played every game , Keita has played until injured whilst Fabinho has taken his time to get used to everything. Then you have Shaqiri who the manager had adjusted the formation to fit him in - it’s 11 games into the Prem - still unbeaten and the reason we have dropped point is because the front three have failed to take chances.

But to suggest we have “digressed” as a team is imo ridiculous when considering just looking at the table we are considerable amount of points ahead of where we were last year.

As for teams above - City have the best squad in the Prem - nothing we can do about that but they still couldn’t beat us but they will drop points , Chelsea are doing well and have had a kind fixture list so far - won’t be long before they start to drop points.

We have got a good run of games coming up where the team can easily keep the unbeaten run going. We have only dropped points against the top teams and despite us supposedly not playing well they still couldn’t beat us when they were playing well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:31 pm wrote:The new players are starting to integrate into the team - Alisson obviously has played every game , Keita has played until injured whilst Fabinho has taken his time to get used to everything. Then you have Shaqiri who the manager had adjusted the formation to fit him in - it’s 11 games into the Prem - still unbeaten and the reason we have dropped point is because the front three have failed to take chances.

But to suggest we have “digressed” as a team is imo ridiculous when considering just looking at the table we are considerable amount of points ahead of where we were last year.

As for teams above - City have the best squad in the Prem - nothing we can do about that but they still couldn’t beat us but they will drop points , Chelsea are doing well and have had a kind fixture list so far - won’t be long before they start to drop points.

We have got a good run of games coming up where the team can easily keep the unbeaten run going. We have only dropped points against the top teams and despite us supposedly not playing well they still couldn’t beat us when they were playing well

We have regressed in terms of the football we're currently playing ,we have a regressed as a fluent outfit ,we have regressed in pressing high and bullying the opposition by defending from the front . I really cant see the reasoning behind your critique,its more than evident that we're not playing well ,yes the manager has changed tact to adapt to a more combative unit but is the change that drastic or is it just not working ? Has the imbalance we can all plainly see become a real bugbear for the manager and the team ? Like I said earlier in the thread those players we bought were brought in to add expansive and inventive football and the manager was charged with improving a stagnant and frankly porous middle that Madrid and in particular Kroos and Casemiro took the ***** out of and thus far he hasn't with his preference on dragging out the familiars who imo hold us back as a progressive team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Have the first 3 months of this season been a regression on the first 3 months of last season? No.

You can't compare the second half of last season to the first 3 months of this season while we're integrating new players and players are getting up to speed having an interrupted pre-season. You can only compare against the other teams in the league and we are doing much better than last year. We are only 2 points behind the mighty unstoppable train that is Man City. Sure there are things to work on but it's no where near as bleak as people are making out. Loads of positives so far this season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am wrote:

Where as you are some sort of great sage who knows everything about football? lol.
And as for trying to portray the Kop end as some sort of bastion of great support  :laugh:
And we're the ones stuck in the 70's!

So far this season I have struggled to see you post anything positive and instead it’s the constant droning moaning especially just focusing on one area - by doing it you give a free ride to others that have bad games.

It’s all on the up yet some want to stay in the depths of the negativity that started when that owl face fraud arrived

I just call it as I see it, I don't think our midfield is good enough to win the title, you obviously do, fair enough, let's hope your right.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games