Red Star B v Liverpool 6/11 17:55

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Didn't watch the match, but caught most of it on the radio....sounded like we were just pushed over in the first half and couldn't get a break in the second.

Bit of a disaster all-round, but all in our hands.  Klopp needs to ring some changes. And soon, starting with Fulham.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 pm

We desperately lack someone who can knock the ball about in the middle of the park, never mind the likes of Gerrard and Alonso, John-Joe Shelvey is a better passer than anyone we currently have in our midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Yup we've got no one really driving us forward in the middle, we really are missing Ox.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm

I blame Klopp for rotating too much and not strengthening the midfield properly.

Massive task ahead now if we are going to get through...

Lallana and Milner and Hendo, I would have SOLD in the summer and replaced with more quality. (Ie: Kevin De Bruyne type quality )

Fekir in January anyone?

I'm starting to agree with Algy Moon, the more our reign under Klopp emerges. We are all but out of the Champions League, and Winning the League will be very difficult too, playing like this we have no hope...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 pm

To be fair to Jurgen I don't think anyone expected our front 3 to miss-fire this badly, we are in November and they still haven't turned up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

PSG are leading which is great result for us...If that remains Napoli at home will be our make/break..Our faith will be decided at Anfield...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm wrote:I blame Klopp for rotating too much and not strengthening the midfield properly.

Lallana and Milner and Hendo, I would have SOLD in the summer and replaced with more quality. (Ie: Kevin De Bruyne type quality )

Fekir in January anyone?

I'm starting to agree with Algy Moon, the more our reign under Klopp emerges. We are all but out of the Champions League, and Winning the League will be very difficult too, playing like this we have no hope...

Common mate don't go that far and agree with that plonker.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 pm

only me » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm wrote:PSG are leading which is great result for us...If that remains Napoli at home will be our make/break..Our faith will be decided at Anfield...
it's 1-1 now unfortunately. We don't like to do things the easy way.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm wrote:I blame Klopp for rotating too much and not strengthening the midfield properly.

Fekir in January anyone?

Nothing like overreacting is there

How the hell are we “all buy out of the CL” ?!

We lost , we played badly , we move on now - it was always going to be a tough group and still can qualify by winning our last home game.

You would think we would be bottom of both tables the way some are reacting
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Nothing like a bit of overreaction  :D

Beat PSG and we go through with a game to spare.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:05 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:57 pm wrote:Nothing like a bit of overreaction  :D

Are you on drugs mate? Unless there's a collective lobotomy I can't see us bearing PSG away. I actually watched the Napoli/PSG game. Both are streets ahead of us right now.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm wrote:

Fekir in January anyone?

Nothing like overreacting is there

How the hell are we “all buy out of the CL” ?!

We lost , we played badly , we move on now - it was always going to be a tough group and still can qualify by winning our last home game.

You would think we would be bottom of both tables the way some are reacting

Beating Napoli at Anfield won't be easy, we haven't beaten a decent team home or away since we beat PSG back in September.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:57 pm wrote:Nothing like a bit of overreaction  :D

If it were at home, I'd be pretty confident. Away from home, I'm not sure. Our 2 away performance in the CL so far have been very poor and now we are playing probably the strongest team in the group who also have it all to play for. Today was a real chance to pretty much have one foot in the next round and we fluffed our lines.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm wrote:We desperately lack someone who can knock the ball about in the middle of the park, never mind the likes of Gerrard and Alonso, John-Joe Shelvey is a better passer than anyone we currently have in our midfield.

Agreed Yakka. Imagine having a Silva or De Bruyne in this team. Our midfielders are good players but they don't have that ability too comfortably manoeuvre the ball around like Coutinho did for us.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Doeboy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm wrote:We desperately lack someone who can knock the ball about in the middle of the park, never mind the likes of Gerrard and Alonso, John-Joe Shelvey is a better passer than anyone we currently have in our midfield.

Agreed Yakka. Imagine having a Silva or De Bruyne in this team. Our midfielders are good players but they don't have that ability too comfortably manoeuvre the ball around like Coutinho did for us.

Or Fernandinho, even though City play with a front 3 and 2 AM's he seems to be able to hold the fort on his own.
If we tried to do that with Hendo or Fabinho holding we'd get completely overrun.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games