Man Utd Vs Liverpool 24/02  14:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:19 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm wrote:Really disappointed with that performance there today  :down: That is the worst Manure side in years and got even worse on the day but we showed no real intent at all to take the 3 points. It was all possession based stuff with the view of walking the ball into the net which played into their hands imo.

Milner is awful and well past it. Sure he will give 100% but that isn't good enough when you can't stay on your feet or cross a ball despite the numerous attempts to do so. Henderson did ok but deserved to be subbed because 95% of what he touches ends up with us further away from the opposition goal. He creates nothing and what is worse is that he wont even try to go past lads to make something happen. Far to often he kills our momentum which is why I think Klopp hauled him off. Pumping balls long for someone to get in behind I can understand but humping it to Mane while he is being marked by Smalling and Young is plain stupid.

All 3 up front were terrible. Bobby rolled his ankle completely over so had to depart which was unfortunate so early on. He may as well have stayed on because his replacement came on and did nothing at all. Forgot he was even on the field until he got clattered on the half way line about an hour later. It still puzzles me to this day how the fook Origi ever ended up here and still remains. Shaq was probably the only one that could have won that for us but not if he is playing so deep. Even late on we had a free kick where he could have put them under pressure only for Milner to step up instead  :laugh: . We created nothing and that shot we registered on target was a lame cushioned header straight into the hands of De - Gea. It shouldn't have even been registered as a shot. The only time we looked to open them up was when Matip ran past 3 of them only to be taken out of it by Herrera.

Fabinho MOTM by a mile and great to have a lad with so much composure when he is on the ball. Really starting to come into his own now.

It wasn't Mansour's chequebook that cost us there today  :no It was just another big game that we didn't show up in and I don't know if it is the weight of the Venue or the season that got to them but its looking like the same auld story.

We struggled to create anything against West Ham and Leicester too, in our starting XI we only have 3 out and out offensive players, the rest are either primarily defenders or workhorses. Our forwards are getting a lot of stick but they need help, City's front 3 have 2 AM's behind them.
What I wouldn't give to have Phil back at the club now, this title is slipping away, everyone can see it. United were there for the taking there today, second half their midfield was MacTominay and Periera, 3 of their back 4 were Young, Smalling and Lindelof, hardly Japp Stam, Rio Ferdinand et al yet all we had to offer was longs balls/hit and hope.
We need to give our forwards some support.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes no knee jerks reactions at this stage of the season, not the time to shake the tree. I think Klopp will handle this in the off season, he's just the no ***** type of guy...don't believe then just ask Sahko
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 pm wrote:The worst thing we could do is strip the lad of the Captaincy at this point of the season. He was sent into the season with the armband and the faith of the manager so should retain it till the season ends.

Agreed, it would send out another negative and weigh the team down further.
VVD must be captain next year though. I will be totally bemused if Hendo retains it.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm wrote:Really disappointed with that performance there today  :down: That is the worst Manure side in years and got even worse on the day but we showed no real intent at all to take the 3 points. It was all possession based stuff with the view of walking the ball into the net which played into their hands imo.

Milner is awful and well past it. Sure he will give 100% but that isn't good enough when you can't stay on your feet or cross a ball despite the numerous attempts to do so. Henderson did ok but deserved to be subbed because 95% of what he touches ends up with us further away from the opposition goal. He creates nothing and what is worse is that he wont even try to go past lads to make something happen. Far to often he kills our momentum which is why I think Klopp hauled him off. Pumping balls long for someone to get in behind I can understand but humping it to Mane while he is being marked by Smalling and Young is plain stupid.

All 3 up front were terrible. Bobby rolled his ankle completely over so had to depart which was unfortunate so early on. He may as well have stayed on because his replacement came on and did nothing at all. Forgot he was even on the field until he got clattered on the half way line about an hour later. It still puzzles me to this day how the fook Origi ever ended up here and still remains. Shaq was probably the only one that could have won that for us but not if he is playing so deep. Even late on we had a free kick where he could have put them under pressure only for Milner to step up instead  :laugh: . We created nothing and that shot we registered on target was a lame cushioned header straight into the hands of De - Gea. It shouldn't have even been registered as a shot. The only time we looked to open them up was when Matip ran past 3 of them only to be taken out of it by Herrera.

Fabinho MOTM by a mile and great to have a lad with so much composure when he is on the ball. Really starting to come into his own now.

It wasn't Mansour's chequebook that cost us there today  :no It was just another big game that we didn't show up in and I don't know if it is the weight of the Venue or the season that got to them but its looking like the same auld story.

We struggled to create anything against West Ham and Leicester too, in our starting XI we only have 3 out and out offensive players, the rest are either primarily defenders or workhorses. Our forwards are getting a lot of stick but they need help, City's front 3 have 2 AM's behind them.
What I wouldn't give to have Phil back at the club now, this title is slipping away, everyone can see it. United were there for the taking there today, second half their midfield was MacTominay and Periera, 3 of their back 4 were Young, Smalling and Lindelof, hardly Japp Stam, Rio Ferdinand et al yet all we had to offer was longs balls/hit and hope.

Ill say it again and again press!! And then press some more..Why are we content on this agonizing slow ball movement? If we got work horses why aren't we working them?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:25 pm

I thought myself fortunate to catch the entire second half after thinking that I'd miss the game completely, but now I f*cking regret it. What a shameful display, all of them knew that this was a key game that was pretty much a must win, but none of them seemed to want to win it. We had luck on our side with United's injuries but the players looked like they were afraid to capitalize on that. To top it all off, f*cking Henderson, what was that all about when he got subbed off, what a f*cking clown.

On the other hand, City won the cup (at least we're not like Chelsea :laugh: ), but it came at a price, 2 key players in Fernandinho and Laporte got injured, hopefully for a few weeks at least. City do have the momentum now but we are still top. We probably need to win all pf our next 7 or 8 league games, but let's keep it simple, a win against Watford and Everton will lift us up and put us in a good position. It hasn't been a great second half of the season but we must remember, it is still in our hands.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 pm wrote:

What's really disappointing is that we don't show the anger nor the hunger to really want to take this win by the scruff of the neck. I think if we attack them right from the off set, United would have crumbled. Instead we show no initiative nor the proactiveness to wanna leave OT with anything less than 3 points and show our cajones at this stage of the season.

We lack leadership, inventiveness and real character within the team...which is why I would say with heavy heart that I expect us to surrender our lead to City sometime by the first week of March. I'm sick to the stomach right now and will be staying off internet for awhile  :veryangry

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 pm wrote:I thought myself fortunate to catch the entire second half after thinking that I'd miss the game completely, but now I f*cking regret it. What a shameful display, all of them knew that this was a key game that was pretty much a must win, but none of them seemed to want to win it. We had luck on our side with United's injuries but the players looked like they were afraid to capitalize on that. To top it all off, f*cking Henderson, what was that all about when he got subbed off, what a f*cking clown.

On the other hand, City won the cup (at least we're not like Chelsea :laugh: ), but it came at a price, 2 key players in Fernandinho and Laporte got injured, hopefully for a few weeks at least. City do have the momentum now but we are still top. We probably need to win all pf our next 7 or 8 league games, but let's keep it simple, a win against Watford and Everton will lift us up and put us in a good position. It hasn't been a great second half of the season but we must remember, it is still in our hands.

You say let's get back on track against Watford and Everton but we are not creating chances, its not just a case of today being a bad day at the office it was the same against WH and Leicester as well.
Out of an 11 man team surely we can afford to play more than 3 offensive players?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:56 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm wrote:Oh Jorginho and Sarri just couldn't do buy a break right now. City retained the Cup

Sarri isn't in charge of Chelsea....today proved that more than ever. Their keeper refused to come off, the team is calling the shots  :laugh:

Sarri is DONE for good...would be fun to watch Chelsea implode, again!  :eyebrow

https://youtu.be/GZ-1G_bfKbs

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:44 pm

I think Shaq has to start the next two games- he seems to have that little bit of x factor which is sorely lacking at the moment.

Being more adventurous - perhaps have Fab and Gini as the two "sixes" and Keita furthest forward of the 3 as he can beat a man and did chip in with goals in Germany..?

Gini          Fab
          Keita

Shaq                Mane

Salah
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 pm wrote:I thought myself fortunate to catch the entire second half after thinking that I'd miss the game completely, but now I f*cking regret it. What a shameful display, all of them knew that this was a key game that was pretty much a must win, but none of them seemed to want to win it. We had luck on our side with United's injuries but the players looked like they were afraid to capitalize on that. To top it all off, f*cking Henderson, what was that all about when he got subbed off, what a f*cking clown.

You say let's get back on track against Watford and Everton but we are not creating chances, its not just a case of today being a bad day at the office it was the same against WH and Leicester as well.
Out of an 11 man team surely we can afford to play more than 3 offensive players?

You're right, we're not playing that well, especially attacking wise, but it is not beyond us to improve. There's a reason why we're top of the table and it's not by luck, we're a good team. We're not in our best form right now, but we can still do it, it is entirely in our hands.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm just baffled why Klopp put on Studge and not Shaq. Studge is finished just like Origi and Lallana. Our bench is pathetic to say the least.

Well we have been poor in 2019 but if we are ever to push ourselves now is the time beginning with Wednesdays match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:56 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm wrote:Oh Jorginho and Sarri just couldn't do buy a break right now. City retained the Cup

Sarri isn't in charge of Chelsea....today proved that more than ever. Their keeper refused to come off, the team is calling the shots  :laugh:

Sarri is DONE for good...would be fun to watch Chelsea implode, again!  :eyebrow

https://youtu.be/GZ-1G_bfKbs

Sarri should've stuck to his guns and took him off even if it meana dragging him off the pitch. That was a disgrace and yes shows Sarri has no power. Disgraceful from Kepa and the chelsea captain.

Didn't watch the match but heard Chelsea played well though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 pm

Yeah it was an odd decision, Sturridge has been a terrific player but injuries have clearly ruined him, he can hardly run.
Our bench looks half decent on paper but in reality it's weak as p[ss
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm wrote:Yeah it was an odd decision, Sturridge has been a terrific player but injuries have clearly ruined him, he can hardly run.
Our bench looks half decent on paper but in reality it's weak as p[ss

I think Sturridge is not giving his all anymore on top of the physical decline he's had...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:52 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:32 pm wrote:Hi newbie here..

I personally am shocked at our league position just now. We have been bang average all season and have scraped a lot of wins. When City win they spank teams. They are a goal machine!

Analysing things, City's Midfield has more quality than ours, and that's where we may fall short. The lack of a decent playmaker is so obvious, Stevie Wonder can see it. At times, our strikes look isolated, and Jurgen needs to find the new Stevie G this summer.

What did Hendo and Milner do today!?? Virtually nothing. I said after the Champions league final last season, I don't think Hendo and Milner will win you a league title or a PL title, and I stand by that. Keita and Fabinho are too defensive, and Shaqiri, Lallana, etc are not quite there.

We need oxlaide chamberlain back, ASAP to save our season. Otherwise I think we will finish second. My gut feeling says we ain't gonna pull it off this season.

Anyone disagree!??

:laugh:

"shocked by our league position "   :laugh:

Another troll in the forum ?

I'm sure the rest of the lads will welcome you   :kungfu:

Trolling? Not at all!

I'm just saying what I see.....We haven't hit our top form all season, and we need a bit of a clearout in the summer...Namely:  Studge, Origi, Lallana, Milner (due to his age),  (I personally would offload Hendo as well , not give the lad a new long term deal), I think we can do much better.

The link up play between midfield and attack can often be non existent, it's so obvious leaving our front three isolated and having to come deeper very often. More goalscorers needed/playmaker from midfield too. get the OX back in! at least he was not afraid to have a shot on goal last season.

We'd better hit some decent form soon, or our title challenge could disintegrate.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games