JOE ALLEN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:50 pm

parchpea » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 pm wrote:A short tournament isnt the trenches 24/7 at Liverpool, if Allen is now a keeper then lets sign Robson Kanu on a free.

Different mentality when every game is the biggest of your life to bringing it at West Brom away on MNF in November.

Do we now give him another shot, not because of his Liverpool performances but a handfull of efforts for Wales, or cash in and reinvest the money.

Allen was boss under Klopp is boss in Wales and should stay. He is a quality player which suffered injuries and was overlooked for the likes of Hendo. A keeper.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:07 pm

I would agree hes better than a poor Henderson or even a raw Can but Klopp used Allen mainly from the bench.

Im caught up in the Allen thing like everyone and would love him to succeed but to imagine weve suddenly turned an £8m player into a £20m superstar overnight when hes not been much for us in 4 years is a big leap.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 am

The guys stepped since Klopp arrived so I have no probem keeping him, Hendo is a far bigger concern.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:23 am

My opinion of him has not changed and especially not after an international where it is much less physical than the prem. He is a good tidy player that would be good for the squad and I would keep him as such. His problem is he is a little small to dominate midfield in prem matches case in point when Wanyama came on in the second half and totally owned him and will always happen if he plays against a dominant CM.

Decent player with good skills and intelligent enough to fill gaps where needed but not going to carry a team that wants to excell in the league. He will surely start in a mid table team but I would hope our aspirations are higher.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:06 pm

kazza » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:23 am wrote:My opinion of him has not changed and especially not after an international where it is much less physical than the prem. He is a good tidy player that would be good for the squad and I would keep him as such. His problem is he is a little small to dominate midfield in prem matches case in point when Wanyama came on in the second half and totally owned him and will always happen if he plays against a dominant CM.

Decent player with good skills and intelligent enough to fill gaps where needed but not going to carry a team that wants to excell in the league. He will surely start in a mid table team but I would hope our aspirations are higher.

Decent squad player, not much else in his  locker though. I think he'll go as he wants first team football and we can't give him it here on a regular basis.

With a bit of luck we'll get most of our money back, given his Euro 2016 performances.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:56 am

Again he'd be  great signing for Leicester along with Hendo, Benteke and Migs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:21 am

kazza » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:23 am wrote:My opinion of him has not changed and especially not after an international where it is much less physical than the prem. He is a good tidy player that would be good for the squad and I would keep him as such. His problem is he is a little small to dominate midfield in prem matches case in point when Wanyama came on in the second half and totally owned him and will always happen if he plays against a dominant CM.

This post pretty much says it all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 am

Keeping both Allen and Henderson are moot points. We need to get rid of both and hopefully this transfer window. Neither are good enough.

Feel the same way, if we don't bring in a quality CM and LB, we simply aren't going anywhere next season irrespective of how good we think Klopp is.

We have a lot to do this summer, and unloading these two to bring in funds is an absolute priority to kick things off.

There are also a number of other misfits that need to be sold; Benteke, Ballotelli, Markovic, Moreno, Luis Alberto all need to be swept out with a broom pronto tonto.

They will all raise some $$$ and go a long way in rebuilding the squad. Waiting for them to collect dust will only mean we keep paying them a useless salary and their price keeps drops.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Has raised his form slightly and he's good enough for a squad player but it's probably for the best if he leaves.

The fact that we haven't signed anyone better yet in his position is what concerns me, and the targets we're after are nothing to get excited about IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:29 am

"Liverpool have accepted a £13 million bid from Stoke City for Joe Allen, sources tell Press Association Sport."
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 am

Tidy player, but not good enough to start week in, week out.

Think Klopp would have kept him, but with 12 months left on his deal, it makes little sense to turn down  14 million
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:29 am

7_Kewell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:56 pm wrote:Tidy player, but not good enough to start week in, week out.

Think Klopp would have kept him, but with 12 months left on his deal, it makes little sense to turn down  14 million

+1

He did put in a good effort to sell himself, gotta give him credit for that unlike some Italians at lfc who just collect their pay check and do fook all.
killerp

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:37 am

We pretty much secured money back after his efforts in France.

Over his time at Liverpool he never really did enough and hes the same player that came in, we need people that go beyond that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 am

parchpea » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 am wrote:We pretty much secured money back after his efforts in France.

Over his time at Liverpool he never really did enough and hes the same player that came in, we need people that go beyond that.

No sense whatsoever as long as players as Hendo and Lucas are on the payroll. ..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:24 am

only me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:45 am wrote:
parchpea » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 am wrote:We pretty much secured money back after his efforts in France.

No sense whatsoever as long as players as Hendo and Lucas are on the payroll. ..

I think Lucas will be the next one out of the door.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion