JOE ALLEN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:39 am

He HAS come in and done well in a few games lately but I dont think he should be starting. He does his best work when he's the 'spare' man. Gets a bit more freedom to press around the pitch without zonal restrictions, reduced responsibility of getting on the ball and making things happen, more freedom to get to advanced positions and make runs. He's useful in that role imo, not sure he'd do well playing one of the 2 CM positions from the start. A large part of his game has to do with bringing up the energy levels and tempo of the game when needed. Keep using him the same way.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Hard to know Klopps thoughts on Allen, rarely starts the lad but when he makes a cameo appearance often singles him out for praise.

Possibly just sees him as an impact sub but that may not be enough for Allen career wise.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Feck sake lads surely you realize that the reason we are a midtable side is because we have players like this in our team. He has performed well in the few cameo's he gets but he is no where near good enough to be starting for a club like Liverpool.

Get rid of him and all the other wasters that are holding us back and cementing our place as a mid table side.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:11 am

Reading the above comment makes you realise what a puzzle he is. When he wants to, he's excellent, otherwise he's a liability. He signed a 6 year contract back in 2012, what do we do: keep him as a squad player, cash in or make him a cornerstone?!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:10 pm wrote:Feck sake lads surely you realize that the reason we are a midtable side is because we have players like this in our team. He has performed well in the few cameo's he gets but he is no where near good enough to be starting for a club like Liverpool.

Get rid of him and all the other wasters that are holding us back and cementing our place as a mid table side.

Yeah as harsh as it sounds I tend to agree.
Joe seems a decent lad who works his @rse off and doesn't moan or complain when he's not in the side but hand on heart how many of us can see him developing into the linchpin of a title winning side? The truth is is that this club needs a significant upgrade in the middle of the park.
If he's prepared to be a squad player then maybe he's worth keeping because as I said he's got a great attitude but the bottom line is that we need to improve our midfield if we want to mount a realistic challenge for the top 4 next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm

He's got a year left on his contract and I think he'll go. Perhaps he'll be happy to sit it out and play 15-20 cameos next year, but think Klopp has already made it clear who's going and who's staying. I think Allen will be one of the first out of the door, closely followed by Skrtel and Betekke.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:36 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm wrote:He's got a year left on his contract and I think he'll go. Perhaps he'll be happy to sit it out and play 15-20 cameos next year, but think Klopp has already made it clear who's going and who's staying. I think Allen will be one of the first out of the door, closely followed by Skrtel and Betekke.

:nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:50 am

been watching eriksen playing for spurs,
he is class, pure class.
and when he was at ajax, we were very very heavily linked with him. and for a cheap fee of 10 to 12m pounds i think.
in the end BR signed allen for 15m, his first signing, and the rest is history.

i dont think we can depend a lot on allen if we are to be back at the top competing.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:06 am

I quite like Allen as an option, he's our most dependable midfielder at the moment. Nothing special but someone I'd certainly consider keeping on as a squad player

I'd chuck Henderson first out of the lot
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Never liked the guy, mostly because of the fact that he is physically inferior to just about any other player in the Prem. He seems just about average in everything else as well. Would have been among the top candidates for getting rid of. However, these past few games have changed my mind. I don't know if it's just a run of form or Klopp has finally found usefulness for him, but if it's the latter than we should seriously consider keeping him.

Not to be misunderstood though, I still see Allen as a squad player at best. Strong reinforcements in midfield are still very much needed.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Likeable enough off the field, but nowhere near good enough on it. With a bit of luck Bodgers will take him back to Swansea in the summer.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 am

Liverpool Echo reporting that Celtic are to rival Swansea's interest in Allen

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... r-11402002
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Wee Joe will end up with Brendan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Celtic are a big club but in terms of contracts I suspect Allen would need to take one hell of a hit on wages to link with Rodgers again.

Personally think hes better than the Scottish Prem and doesnt have the emotional attatchment that lured Rodgers there.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 pm

He's only £45k a week and I think that'll be too much for Celtic. However, I think he'll be off anyway as he wants regular first team football and he's unlikely to be anything more than bench fodder here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion