Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:08 pm

Lot of "rumours" going around that Lewandowski would consider a move to Liverpool. Only problem is he wants champions league football. Also says he's a liverpool fan, which is what they all say.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Since FSG have taken us over we have finished 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd,6th and 8th which isn't good enough and yet a large portion of the fanbase think they are the dog's. I would bet that they are the worst 6 progressive finishes in the clubs history never mind the last 60 odd years I checked.

I don't know why some would be against us having Chinese owners when they could be so much better for the club. For starters they would be willing to pay far more for the club than FSG ever would have. Football is on the up in china and for them to purchase a club like us would make sense.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36242298

I would much rather be in the hands of people like that who have an ambition to do something in the game over people who just haven't got a clue and are only here because the bank was so desperate to offload.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 am wrote:We were miles short last season, those cup runs papered over a lot of cracks, even with Jurgen at the helm we saw plenty of terrible league performances but people took it on the chin because they thought there would be major changes in the summer.
If we are to realistically challenge for the top 4 this squad of players needs a radical overhaul, tinkering around the edges by selling one or two and bringing in one or two isn't going to be enough. Not unless those players coming in are top, top quality but that doesn't seem to be happening.
I don't care how good the manager is if we still have the likes of Henderson, Allen and Milner running around our midfield next season then we are going to be finishing with the also rans again. The squad we currently have just aren't consistent enough, we all know the script - 2 or 3 good performances followed by a total capitulation against a Watford or Palace type side that we should really be beating and then rinse and repeat for 9 months.
We are going to have 60,000 gates next year with fans paying 4 or 5 times more for a ticket than what the likes of Bayern Munich fans do, surely for a club of our size a few decent players is not too much to ask.

Well said Yakka.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I just hope that we sign quality players this summer.
We don't need big names or ego's just quality.
---
FSG's concept of signing young top quality talent has gone KAPOOT!
We need to widen the compass and sign quality!
---
Payet is a great example. We were probably offered him as too many other PL clubs. But it was WH who signed him - NOW LOOK!
The players are out there, but our scouting system has been wrong for many seasons.
I hope JK corrects this, starting this summer.
---
We don't need to spend lots of cash...
WE JUST NEED TO SIGN QUALITY - REGARDLESS OF AGE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 pm wrote:I just hope that we sign quality players this summer.
---
---
Payet is a great example. We were probably offered him as too many other PL clubs. But it was WH who signed him - NOW LOOK!
The players are out there, but our scouting system has been wrong for many seasons.
---

Good post mate. Spot on about not neccessirly bringing in names but just good players and working with them.

I was watching the England game today and was thinking of the fullbacks Walker and Rose. I would have never have thought these two would be starting for England a few years ago as they were distinctly poor/average at best. But to be fair both looked very good.  But they havent just magically become decent players overnight. Its down to Pochettino at spurs improving them and bringing their games on. If it wernt for him, I'd say both those would be on a beach somewhere on their summmer holidays.

Now who's to say Klopp can't have the same effect on some of our players? He did it at Dortmund so has already shown he can do it. Remember he hasn't even had a preseason yet with our players. I think a lot of people still have bad memories of our time under Rodgers. Rodgers was never the type to bring out improvement in individual players in my opinion. Klopp is and I think a lot of people are maybe missing this point.

I'm quite happy for Klopp to bring in players he wants who may not be the big names we crave, but I'm quietly confident he can bring their games on to make them quality players.
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:59 am

Liverpool transfer news: Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola reveals talks held with Besiktas
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 am

Let's hope he goes and we are shot of him once and for all. What a shambles of a signing
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:02 am

Man City are going to be a real force next season - Aguero, Aubemeyang, DeBruyne, Gundogan, Sane, Silva etc and Guardiola as manager. Sterling will be doing well to get any sort of a look in there.
Apparently Mkhitaryan has told Dortmund he wants to leave and Man United is his preferred destination, Dortmund have said they don't want him to go and they are prepared to hold him to his contract if necessary, let's hope they mean it and it's not just a bargaining position to get more dough out of United, he's a good player him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:33 am

Sterling has done himself no favours at the euros, he's cack. He'll get moved on soon from city. He'll end up at a mid table club in a foreign league
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:14 pm

After paying £50m less than 12 months ago City would still want £35m+ for him. He's still only 21 as well so he's got a lot of footy left in him. Given the riches at their disposal though I wonder if it's worth putting in a sneaky loan bid for him? Like him or not he was an effective player for us who made good runs in behind defences.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Doeboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 pm wrote:I just hope that we sign quality players this summer.
---
---
---

Good post mate. Spot on about not neccessirly bringing in names but just good players and working with them.

I was watching the England game today and was thinking of the fullbacks Walker and Rose. I would have never have thought these two would be starting for England a few years ago as they were distinctly poor/average at best. But to be fair both looked very good.  But they havent just magically become decent players overnight. Its down to Pochettino at spurs improving them and bringing their games on. If it wernt for him, I'd say both those would be on a beach somewhere on their summmer holidays.

Now who's to say Klopp can't have the same effect on some of our players? He did it at Dortmund so has already shown he can do it. Remember he hasn't even had a preseason yet with our players. I think a lot of people still have bad memories of our time under Rodgers. Rodgers was never the type to bring out improvement in individual players in my opinion. Klopp is and I think a lot of people are maybe missing this point.

I'm quite happy for Klopp to bring in players he wants who may not be the big names we crave, but I'm quietly confident he can bring their games on to make them quality players.

Quite right!
IMO FSG have now installed a management staff that can get the best out of what we can afford.
We wont be PSG or RM - But HEY, we NEVER WERE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:14 pm wrote:After paying £50m less than 12 months ago City would still want £35m+ for him. He's still only 21 as well so he's got a lot of footy left in him. Given the riches at their disposal though I wonder if it's worth putting in a sneaky loan bid for him? Like him or not he was an effective player for us who made good runs in behind defences.

A loan deal would suit us.
Pay 1/4 of his wages and have JK run his ar$se ragged for a season.
Then toss him back...
Use him as he used us
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

If Sterling moves anywhere, think it will be to a London club.
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Yakka he had six decent months alongside Suarez who would make me look good !! The lad is a sh.it !! I wouldn't want him if he cost us nothing. Nasty little fkr !!! His decision making is still awful! His finishing and I didn't think this was possible has got worse !! Runs like a headless chicken !! Very limited player !! We did incredibly well to sell him for nearly £50m. Good riddance !! HE GOT BOOED BY THE FANS OF ENGLAND AND EVERY PREMIERSHIP CLUB FOR GOOD REASON !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 pm

devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm wrote:Yakka he had six decent months alongside Suarez who would make me look good !! The lad is a sh.it !! I wouldn't want him if he cost us nothing. Nasty little fkr !!! His decision making is still awful! His finishing and I didn't think this was possible has got worse !! Runs like a headless chicken !! Very limited player !! We did incredibly well to sell him for nearly £50m. Good riddance !! HE GOT BOOED BY THE FANS OF ENGLAND AND EVERY PREMIERSHIP CLUB FOR GOOD REASON !!

Come on mate, no one wanted him to go in the first place so he couldn't have been that bad.
Granted the manner in which he left (unsanctioned interviews on the evening news etc) left a bad taste in the mouth but beggers can't really be choosers and at the moment the facts and the stats show that we are mid table club.
Raheem would be a good addition for any mid table club, he'd certainly contribute more than Ibe who has been a huge disappointment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill