Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:08 pm

I wish people would stop moaning so much and just see what happens ,the owners moved swiftly to end Klopps sabbatical and are almost certain to back him in securing the players he feels suit his tactics and methodology. We've been linked to every player under the sun some as far fetched as Lewandowski ,and if fans seen that for what it was (media fluff ) then why the fuck are they drawn in so easily to the unremarkable ones we've been linked to  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Agree again. Just think it's unrealistic to expect us to compete with the City's, Chelsea and Utds when it comes on the transfer front. They operate on a different financial plain it's as simple as that.

So if we genuinely had an interest in Gundagan and Sane. What can we do if City suddenly rock up and offer big transfer fees, big wages, CL and the chance to work under arguably the best coach in the world? We can't compete with that and it's not only us.

I think people have bad memories of us signing loads of players who haven't gone on to amount to much. First of all Klopp is not Rodgers. Give him a chance. Yes he may bring in players who on paper may not seem particularly special but if he brings in someone, have faith in Klopp turning that player into something special and get these players working as a unit. He did it at Dortmund and people need to have more faith. This isn't Rodgers at the helm bringing in players and not being able to bring them on a few levels.

I find it flabbergasting when people expect us to sign the likes of Gundagan, Sane etc when we are directly up against the likes of City. 9 times out ofor 10 we won't be able to beat City to a player. Have faith in Klopp guys and back what the players he brings in.
Doeboy

Postby shanks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:08 pm

According to Wikipedia Islam Silimani is on our books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Slimani

CSKA Sporting (12).jpg
Slimani with sporting in 2015
Personal information
Date of birth 18 June 1988 (age 27)
Place of birth Algiers, Algeria
Height 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)[1]
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current team
Liverpool
Apps† (Gls)†
2008–2009 JSM Chéraga 22 (21)
2009–2013 CR Belouizdad 96 (32)
2013–2016 Sporting CP 80 (47)
2016- Liverpool 0
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:09 am

It doesn't say anywhere in that wiki page that he transferred to Liverpool so I suspect someone's hacked it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:08 pm wrote:I wish people would stop moaning so much and just see what happens ,the owners moved swiftly to end Klopps sabbatical and are almost certain to back him in securing the players he feels suit his tactics and methodology. We've been linked to every player under the sun some as far fetched as Lewandowski ,and if fans seen that for what it was (media fluff ) then why the fuck are they drawn in so easily to the unremarkable ones we've been linked to  ???

About time! A little common sense...
Klopp's a person who simply can not hide his emotions. If he is unhappy with the transfer dealings LFC do this summer, he will let us know one way or another.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:33 pm

We have these same keep calm messages every summer but come November everyone is ripping the players, manager, Ian Ayre, the owners you name it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:43 pm

I understand the frustration yakka but what are the club meant to do if City swoop in for the likes of Gundagan and Sane. No doubt in my mind we do look to bring in top quality when it's avaliable but I find it difficult to blame the club if we are getting beat to players by City.  Unfortunately we can only go after those players that are left over once the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd etc have done all their buying.

Agents play a waiting game in the window. They try and get their players to the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea etc. Once it's clear that's not going to happen, they start looking at options like us.

It's not a situation I like but unfortunately that is how it is.  I really do think Gotze could arrive if he still hasn't signed for someone else as the window draws to a close. Chin up mate
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Doeboy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:43 am wrote:I understand the frustration yakka but what are the club meant to do if City swoop in for the likes of Gundagan and Sane. No doubt in my mind we do look to bring in top quality when it's avaliable but I find it difficult to blame the club if we are getting beat to players by City.  Unfortunately we can only go after those players that are left over once the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd etc have done all their buying.

Agents play a waiting game in the window. They try and get their players to the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea etc. Once it's clear that's not going to happen, they start looking at options like us.

It's not a situation I like but unfortunately that is how it is.  I really do think Gotze could arrive if he still hasn't signed for someone else as the window draws to a close. Chin up mate

There are a lot of players around though mate like Reuss, Draxler, Yarmalenko, Mahrez etc who haven't signed for City or Chelsea who would almost certainly improve our starting XI but we just don't seem to want to go for that type of player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:56 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:43 am wrote:I understand the frustration yakka but what are the club meant to do if City swoop in for the likes of Gundagan and Sane. No doubt in my mind we do look to bring in top quality when it's avaliable but I find it difficult to blame the club if we are getting beat to players by City.  Unfortunately we can only go after those players that are left over once the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd etc have done all their buying.

There are a lot of players around though mate like Reuss, Draxler, Yarmalenko, Mahrez etc who haven't signed for City or Chelsea who would almost certainly improve our starting XI but we just don't seem to want to go for that type of player.

Or maybe for whatever reason they don't want to come to us. I agree with you on needing quality but we have only ourselves to blame for not getting CL football. It seems to me that we were getting linked to better players last season when it looked like we were going to be in the CL then as we lost in the final then suddenly our options seem to dry up. Not sure if it was just coincidence but it did happen.

Money, CL football then location in that order seem to be what motivate better players and we cannot compete on any fronts. Only option left is finding the next Reus, Suarez, Alonso. Makes it hard to win but until we start consistently making the CL and build up Anfield to hold 60,000 every match ( or get a sugar daddy  :glare:  ) we will have to have a different formula for success than City, Utd, Chelsea etc. Worryingly Spurs will have a bigger stadium and so will West Ham so it will only get harder. We missed a golden chance by losing in that final   :down:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:58 pm

You dont need Champs Lge footy to buy best players but you do need to pay bigger wages to get them in, then they will definately come.

When we did qualify there was still a moneyball feel to our business that summer and I dont think FSG will change that under any circumstances.

I had hoped that Klopps arrival would see a change in our strategy but it doesnt feel like there will be at this point regrettably and make no mistake it does need it, 8th last season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 am

Klopp hasn't got the 'player pull' power that a lot of fans foolishly believed he had. Unfortunately a lot still think he has.
I'm not even sure Champ.League footie really attracts that much either, can't see the big names tripping over themselves to sign for Leicester City any time soon so it comes down to one thing...    cash!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:18 am

Money, money, money.

The only romance in the game is how much will you pay me?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:37 am

Yeah, they're all millionaires nowadays. Millionaires tend to have one overwhelming preoccupation...... Making some more millions.
And their agents don't help the situation. Sadly, the days of playing for pride and the love of the shirt they are wearing are gone. You only have to see the chequered form of some so-called superstars to know that. They'll get their £100K week in, week out, even if they spend half the season playing like a complete sack of sh!t.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:00 am

Yep cash comes first. Agents have their own interests and long gone are the days where a player genuinely wants to go to a club. A club stumps up the cash, players will come regardless of CL or not. Just the way the game has turned into unfortunately
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 am

We were miles short last season, those cup runs papered over a lot of cracks, even with Jurgen at the helm we saw plenty of terrible league performances but people took it on the chin because they thought there would be major changes in the summer.
If we are to realistically challenge for the top 4 this squad of players needs a radical overhaul, tinkering around the edges by selling one or two and bringing in one or two isn't going to be enough. Not unless those players coming in are top, top quality but that doesn't seem to be happening.
I don't care how good the manager is if we still have the likes of Henderson, Allen and Milner running around our midfield next season then we are going to be finishing with the also rans again. The squad we currently have just aren't consistent enough, we all know the script - 2 or 3 good performances followed by a total capitulation against a Watford or Palace type side that we should really be beating and then rinse and repeat for 9 months.
We are going to have 60,000 gates next year with fans paying 4 or 5 times more for a ticket than what the likes of Bayern Munich fans do, surely for a club of our size a few decent players is not too much to ask.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill