Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:14 am

To be fair, still think we can.sign top players. The only thing is, these players wait and see if if a move to a cash rich/CL team materialises during the early/middle part of the window.If not, we become an option for them. Think this may be the case with Gotze. If he has a good Euro, may find more teams in for him so probably just seeing what all his options are. If he still hasn't moved towards the end of the window, think he may well choose us.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Strong rumors that Gotze is on his way to Chelsea

If confirmed this would be a kick in the stomach

That cup final loss has really screwed us up
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 pm

C-R » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:Strong rumors that Gotze is on his way to Chelsea

If confirmed this would be a kick in the stomach

That cup final loss has really screwed us up

I actually don't think he'd be that much of a loss, he doesn't look dynamic enough for English footy to me. It would be a blow to our prestige if he did go to Chelsea though I have to admit that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:18 am

Don't think Gotze will go to Chelsea after making noise about no Champions League being the reason he isn't coming to Liverpool.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:36 am

If these lads won't come for Klopp then they're not anybodies.... pure mercenary and we don't want them anyway.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:11 am

SkippyRed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 pm wrote:Don't think Gotze will go to Chelsea after making noise about no Champions League being the reason he isn't coming to Liverpool.

When the likes of Chelsea and Man city throw huge amounts 9f cash at the player and their agents, I think any thought of CL goes out the window and becomes less of a priority for them
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:05 pm

The guardian are saying that after his hat trick against Haiti in the Copa America Barcelona are closely monitoring Coutinho's situation and the word is they would be prepared to pay a lot more than the £23m PSG are rumoured to have offered. When quizzed about all the rumours Coutinho just said he's concentrating on playing for his country.
We really need to start showing some ambition if we want to keep our best players, that's if we do want to keep them of course.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Can't see Coutinho doing it at Barca. Has the talent and ability to play there but consistency just isn't there at the moment
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Think Couthino will move now and if we want to at least have a chance of keeping players like him then we need CL football.

That said few turn Barca down no matter where you play.

Take the money and reinvest, again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 pm

We need to hold on to Coutinho in my opinion. He's a game changer and can do things alot of players can't do. If we were in the CL and players wanted to join us I'd say sell and reinvest.. but at the moment we can't attract players as good as Coutinho so it would be a bad move. We should be looking at players like Payet if he was to go.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Couthino will not stay if Barca come knocking. Sad fact, but that's just how it is. Would be the same if we'd won the league....those South Americans dream of playing for the Spanish big two and I'm not sure what Klopp could do or say to prevent it.  :(

However, I trust Klopp to sort us out and replace stars who leave. He did it at Dortmund and he'll do it here. Just strap yourselves in and hold on. It's going to be an interesting summer  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:54 pm

If the big Spanish teams watched the Europa final they won't be offering big money for Coutinho. Worst disappearing act from a 'big player' I've seen in a long time in such a big game.

Class player on his day but needs a few more years with us and Klopp to develop. In 3 years he'll still be in his prime and can go with our blessing after helping us to a few trophies.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm

We have been linked today with Sofiane Boufal who is a exceptional young player.. A player who is as close to Coutinho as you can get. Wonder if he's gonna play with him or replace him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:45 am

We need  a big name lads, Countinho, Firmino etc.. need someone to play off, Suarez was ideal etc..
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 am

Reg » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:45 am wrote:We need  a big name lads, Countinho, Firmino etc.. need someone to play off, Suarez was ideal etc..

agreed..  we need to sign players like aubemeyang or cavanI... but not gonna happen reg... we're still shopping for potentials and bargains...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill