Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Tribal football are saying that we want to sign Odegaard and Kovacic from Real Madrid  :laugh:
Whenever you see us linked with good players these days you instantly know that it's a load of bollox!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:19 pm

I don't think anything will happen until the Euros are over. Klopp only came back from holiday last week and I'm pretty sure he knows who he does and doesn't want.

Be patent  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:42 am

According to respected journo's 'positive' talks are ongoing with Mane, that deal looks like it's going to be done for around £30m.
Talks with Udinese over Zielinski however have hit a bit of an impasse,  we have offered £11m and they want £15m but the clubs should come to some sort of an arrangement.
In terms of outgoings Joe Allen looks set to leave but we won't accept less than £10m for him (his contract is running down, hence the low figure)

All in all pretty uninspiring stuff, so much for Odegaard and Kovacic  :p
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:31 pm

If Joe Allen leaves then its a crime, if Klopp has told Joe he can leave then Klopp himself can follow him out the door next. Allen is everything this club stands for. We'll regret that one if it happens!

A lot of players are tied up woth the Euros so I wouldn't expect too much into the silence in a transfer window that hasn't even opened yet.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Turkish media linking us with Nani...  I remember Carra making this fecker cry and even Rooney laughed at him, this is one rumour I hope to god ain't true
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 am wrote:If Joe Allen leaves then its a crime, if Klopp has told Joe he can leave then Klopp himself can follow him out the door next. Allen is everything this club stands for. We'll regret that one if it happens!

A lot of players are tied up woth the Euros so I wouldn't expect too much into the silence in a transfer window that hasn't even opened yet.

To be fair to Allen he wants to be playing every week, Vardy has just turned down Arsenal for the same reason, fair dues to them, there's plenty of modern footballers who would gladly just sit on the bench and pick up their wages.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Been very critical of Allen in the past but I actually thought he has had some decent games under JK and reminded me but of Carrick. Maybe not going to blow us away with goals, assists and exciting play but think he's showed some intelligence in his positional play and passing under JK. Don't mind him in the squad as think he can certainly do a job in there in certain games
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Allen is having a great Euros hence his stock is high. Let's not forget how dreadfully inconsistent he's been since signing for us.

European and International football suits him better. He is out of his depth in physical games against mid-lower prem teams.

Has his uses but now is the time to sell. All the best Joe.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 am

Looks like the Mane deal is on the verge of being done, apparently Southampton wanted £40m but Ayre has got them down to £25m plus a further £5m in potential add on's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:26 pm wrote:Looks like the Mane deal is on the verge of being done, apparently Southampton wanted £40m but Ayre has got them down to £25m plus a further £5m in potential add on's.

Still sounds expensive. Not sure why we seem obsessed with Southampton players, we overpaid for so many and still are an average side and the ones we should have bought we didn't. Actually makes no sense!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:45 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Nice analysis on should or shouldn't we sign Mane.

I'm confident he'd be a good accquisition.

Price wise ? I don't know how much he's worth  :p  TBH I no longer give a fu'ck about how much a player costs us, I'm not an accountant  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Looks like Mane is going to be the first big call by Klopp. I've always viewed him as a typical inconsistent midtable player but it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Klopp wanted pace at the top of the pitch and Mane certainly brings that. You would assume he'll play on the right wing.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

He will give us something we lack.....pace and directness in the final third. Only question is whether he can turn it on consistently. Type of player who can win a game by himself but also can be a bit quiet in others. Bit like Coutinho in that respect
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Who'll be dropped to make way for this lad?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill