Luca toni rumour

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:21 pm

here is a classic example of how rumours plague the very existance of the average football fan who uses the net. and the 'chinese whispers' effect caught red handed in action....

whether or not this latest rumour has any legs to it, time will tell. for me personally the conception of this piece is far more comically pertinant than its realisation...

heres how this one hatched:

1.The Daily Mirror: (respected by many here in the North-West) largely.

4 August 2006

WICKED WHISPER

Ian

MY mate's a big Liverpool fan and he saw Rafa Benitez's char lady mooching around Albert Dock. He was told that Italian World Cup winning striker Luca Toni could be on his way to Anfield. Toni, Crouchy and Bellamy up front .. magic!.Ian - Kop fan

and then to this.....

1. Koptalk (disregarded by most across the world) generally.

Reports originating from Italy today claim that Liverpool have made an enquiry regarding the availability of Fiorentina striker Luca Toni.

The 29-year-old Italian hitman has asked to be allowed to leave the club who will start the Serie A season with a 19-point deduction because of their involvement in the Italian match-fixing scandal.

Toni claims there is interest from Premier League, La Liga and Serie A clubs although our speculated interest appears dodgy.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt remains Rafa's preferred option.

im clueless as to how to highlight certain areas of text (unlike St.Michael etc.
but its just a great example of the infamy of the internet and its murky depths...in action, i thought worth a giggle amongst here....

next thing you know he'll be at melwood for a medical. you watch!

mind you it always will go on just as long as folk open there gobs to each other i suppose           NEXT!  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Luca Toni has just signed

another autograph :D
account deleted by request

Postby Billy_5_Times » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:56 pm

Toni scored goals last year and looked good in the World Cup but his age may stop us buying him. If it takes him a year to get settled then he will be 32 by the time he is comfortable in England and by that time he may not be a regular. So for me it's a no for Toni.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby GOAT » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:31 pm

Yeah another sh.ite rumour
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:49 am

Not a rumor that I am very excited about.  Seemed pretty soft despite his physical stature from what I saw of him in the WC.
How much would he be worth, he had an amazing season in Seria A so he would have probably have a hugely inflated price tag, right?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:19 pm

Espionage wrote:Not a rumor that I am very excited about.  Seemed pretty soft despite his physical stature from what I saw of him in the WC.
How much would he be worth, he had an amazing season in Seria A so he would have probably have a hugely inflated price tag, right?

Yep your right. Played in the WC he then gets plyed with pasta sauce, some veg and some other nice things and sprinked with some cheese.  What you have is a very over priced 32 year old.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 pm

Who the hell gave welsh wizzard a job at the mirror!! :angry: :D

Some of the rumours in the Mirror at time (especilly in the 'heard a whisper' section)are absolutely hilarious. I remember reading one the other week that went something like:
'MY GIRLFRIEND WALKS RAFA BENITEZ'S DOGS AND SHE SAID RICK PARRY WAS AT THE HOUSE THE OTHER DAY FINALIZING A MOVE FOR RONALDO WITH RAFA - I M GULLABLE'.
I'd be very scepticle about the Luca Toni rumour in the Mirror but now its on Koptalk it's about as real as a six legged pig.:D
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:29 pm

what dog does rafa own ?

my bet would be something like a sheep dog    clever and not fussed with being centre of attension
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:36 pm

thats the entire jist of the thread rushie m8. the laughable mirror stories alongside the un-funny Koptalk splurge.. its unreal if slightly entertaining until the real business gets going.

mind you theyre all as bad as each other....except this one of course  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Return to The Rumour Mill