Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm

I would take Sterling back at the right price but he wont come back for sure.

Klopp would possibly be a big help to him but hes got Guardiolas guidance next season and God knows who else along side him in the team that could be a game changer for him.

Sterling is far from the end product but pound for pound right now I prefer him to Lallana or his replacement Firmino who himself is in and out of form.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:18 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm wrote:Yakka he had six decent months alongside Suarez who would make me look good !! The lad is a sh.it !! I wouldn't want him if he cost us nothing. Nasty little fkr !!! His decision making is still awful! His finishing and I didn't think this was possible has got worse !! Runs like a headless chicken !! Very limited player !! We did incredibly well to sell him for nearly £50m. Good riddance !! HE GOT BOOED BY THE FANS OF ENGLAND AND EVERY PREMIERSHIP CLUB FOR GOOD REASON !!

Come on mate, no one wanted him to go in the first place so he couldn't have been that bad.
Granted the manner in which he left (unsanctioned interviews on the evening news etc) left a bad taste in the mouth but beggers can't really be choosers and at the moment the facts and the stats show that we are mid table club.
Raheem would be a good addition for any mid table club, he'd certainly contribute more than Ibe who has been a huge disappointment.

Yakka I think that you need to look back at the Sterling thread. I think your assumption that nobody wanted him to go is not quite the case. I don't remember anybody being overly bothered at the prospect of him being sold and that was before his agent statements to the press and Sterling's infamous interview.

City fans and England fans think he is rubbish. Just take a look at the Sterling thread on City's forum. Got to be honest I am bewildered that anybody would want the overrated toerag anywhere near Anfield In the future.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:24 am

I'd say a firm majority said take the money and run!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:26 am

He's made his bed and now he has to lie in it. He thought he was too big for the club and that he was going on to bigger better things. We are a very forgiving club when it comes to players screwing us over.. I'm glad his career is at a crossroads to be honest. Enjoy your pay packet with the likes of Scott Sinclair,Delph,Rodwell and all the other players that's ruined their careers joining that "big club"
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Have to say IF he'd stayed with us he would have been a valuable player under the new management who I'm sure would have improved his game, however his lack of loyalty to us allied with his agents comments and naked greed left a more than sour taste in the mouth.

He's miles from the finished article, electric pace aside every other aspect of his game is pretty average and if anything since joining City his development his completely stalled.

There are very few players I'd welcome back after they demanded a move on to what they thought would be bigger and better things and Sterling certainly isn't one of them.

Personally I can't stand the little runt and wouldn't want him and his agent anywhere near our club.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 pm

According to River Plates  president Klopp wants  Mercado Argentina's 29 yr old FB ,if the rumours have any truth in them, and we're sniffing around for Argentine talent can we have a look at these two before the big clubs swoop.

Somehow I don't think the River Plate president would be so obliging if we were after two of their brightest young talents.  :D

Oh and the 29 year old we're after

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:11 pm

devaney » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:18 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm wrote:Yakka he had six decent months alongside Suarez who would make me look good !! The lad is a sh.it !! I wouldn't want him if he cost us nothing. Nasty little fkr !!! His decision making is still awful! His finishing and I didn't think this was possible has got worse !! Runs like a headless chicken !! Very limited player !! We did incredibly well to sell him for nearly £50m. Good riddance !! HE GOT BOOED BY THE FANS OF ENGLAND AND EVERY PREMIERSHIP CLUB FOR GOOD REASON !!

Come on mate, no one wanted him to go in the first place so he couldn't have been that bad.
Granted the manner in which he left (unsanctioned interviews on the evening news etc) left a bad taste in the mouth but beggers can't really be choosers and at the moment the facts and the stats show that we are mid table club.
Raheem would be a good addition for any mid table club, he'd certainly contribute more than Ibe who has been a huge disappointment.

Yakka I think that you need to look back at the Sterling thread. I think your assumption that nobody wanted him to go is not quite the case. I don't remember anybody being overly bothered at the prospect of him being sold and that was before his agent statements to the press and Sterling's infamous interview.

City fans and England fans think he is rubbish. Just take a look at the Sterling thread on City's forum. Got to be honest I am bewildered that anybody would want the overrated toerag anywhere near Anfield In the future.

I think some of our fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, 12-18 months ago Sterling was regarded as one of the best prospects in European football, yes his career has stalled but I think all that getting booed at every ground malarkey and being called greedy has affected him. Everyone who knows him like Carragher, Gerrard, Gary Neville etc all say he is a quiet shy lad who is nothing like his public persona.
Whatever you think of his finishing he actually did quite well when he played up front for us and he weighed in with more goals than the likes of Coutinho and Lallana. I think working with someone like Klopp would do wonders for his game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Mateo Kovacic has been linked with us again.. He looked good at Inter but chose the wrong team to join when he went to Madrid and hes not had much game time since he's been there. He's a good player more of a box to box type player though, I was hoping we'd sign a defensive midfielder.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:56 am

People must be joking talking about a Sterling return. He'll not be back, the fans can't stand him and he wouldn't have the balls even if LFC and City agreed it (which they wont). He's made his bed. Although if he had stayed I agree Klopp would've been good for his development. He won't survive at City with the team Guardiola will build.

The Mercado links may have legs. If Sakho gets banned we'll need an experienced defender so I think we may have him lined up if that happens.

There'll be a flurry of deals after the Euros. Once a few big deals go through the merrigoround starts.

A left back, a wide attacker and a central midfielder please.

I don't know the world market well but for left back I'd look at Cresswell at West Ham. Solid, improving and Scouse. We're missing a trick if Wanyama goes to Spurs for only 11 million. I also thought for a free we should've gone for Feghouli who went to West Ham.

Not Klopp's style to spend big and a lack of European football limits targets, so forget about Sane, Higuain, Mhikytaryan etc
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:06 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 pm wrote:According to River Plates  president Klopp wants  Mercado Argentina's 29 yr old FB ,if the rumours have any truth in them, and we're sniffing around for Argentine talent can we have a look at these two before the big clubs swoop.

Somehow I don't think the River Plate president would be so obliging if we were after two of their brightest young talents.  :D

Oh and the 29 year old we're after

I agree. But LFC doesn't have a history of buying directly from S America.
Remember when we were linked to Jackson Martinez under KK before he moved to Porto?
IMO - The time is not right (financially) that we took greater risks in the transfer windows by offering some of these S Americans a chance...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:43 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:12 pm wrote:Mateo Kovacic has been linked with us again.. He looked good at Inter but chose the wrong team to join when he went to Madrid and hes not had much game time since he's been there. He's a good player more of a box to box type player though, I was hoping we'd sign a defensive midfielder.

I'd love this to happen and reports in the press today that Real Madrid are close to signing Pogba might just help our cause. Kovacic would be even further down the pecking order if Pogba goes to the Bernabeu.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Apparently the normally reliable Ben Smith has said that a deal for Zielinski could be finalised this week and LFC wont be signing any more left backs other than Ben Chilwell. Maybe Gomez's return to fitness has influenced the clubs decision on that score?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 pm

I'll be disappointed if Chilwell is the only LB we sign yakka but like you say all the reliable sources are saying he's the only one coming in in that position.

No noises about Moreno leaving either.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I think this is a mistake that Klopp will regret.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 pm

JC_81 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 pm wrote:I'll be disappointed if Chilwell is the only LB we sign yakka but like you say all the reliable sources are saying he's the only one coming in in that position.

No noises about Moreno leaving either.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I think this is a mistake that Klopp will regret.

At the beginning of last season mate Moreno was behind Gomez in the pecking order so maybe it's a case of normal service is resumed now Joe is fit again. Those ACL injuries can be tricky though, look at Martin Kelly, one minute he's playing for England the next he can't get a game for Palace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:51 pm

And now for the most ridiculous rumour of the day...

Paul Pogba
http://www.90min.com/posts/3355651-paul ... _aid=36149
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill