ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 am wrote:He was very poor for the goal getting caught ball watching. But I think he had improved a lot from last season. He also seems like a boss lad. I like him.

I watched the goal again, if he blocks Ramieres he would give a penalty and probably a red card. How the midfield missed that run was just as bad.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:01 am

SkippyRed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:35 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 am wrote:He was very poor for the goal getting caught ball watching. But I think he had improved a lot from last season. He also seems like a boss lad. I like him.

I watched the goal again, if he blocks Ramieres he would give a penalty and probably a red card. How the midfield missed that run was just as bad.

He was static, he needed to get to the ball first.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 am

SkippyRed wrote:

Maybe another watch of it wouldnt do any harm? You would see him looking directly at Ramires and instead of trying to get to the ball first, he allowed him a free header to score?
I dont think making excuses up for poor play does him or us any good?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 am

He is only guilty of not attacking the ball. Reasons for this are unknown to us but the team will work on getting situations like this right in the future.
If we reverse the situation would we be so critical of Chel$sea if they had conceded the same goal? Or would we be praising the excellent ball into the box and the decisive prowess of our midfield player?
Goals will always be conceded, this is a given. The manner of team reaction is completely different; and in this case the teams reaction in the words of our manager was excellent.
Next match tonight. Hope the lads are better at putting things to bed than what us fans are...
  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:37 pm

To be fair to Moreno he wasn't solely at fault for the goal, the problems started when Milner and Clyne made a right pigs breakfast of trying to stop Chelsea down the right, Azpilicueta ended up at the edge of our box with all the time and space in the world to pick out a cross, he in turn dragged Skrtel and Sakho out of position and the rest is history. Yes Moreno should have done better but you could say that about a few of our players in that particular passage of play.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter now, we won.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 am

He could have done more like what? Block Ramires and give away a penalty and possible a red card? The midfield didn't track him either. Moreno also had Willian over his shoulder. The cluster f*ck was from the right hand side of the field.

I don't rate him highly, and I am far from making excuses for him, but lumping the blame on him when Milner and Clyne ***** up is far from doing him any good.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 am

Moreno will get this season to prove his worth, along with half a dozen other players. I also think Klopp has more pressing things to fix than the left hand side of defence.

I don't rate him highly, but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt to see if he can shine under Klopp. But he needs to improve his all round game if he's to stay on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:12 am

Having pacey players like Moreno and Clyne in the side is allowing us to really push up and squeeze teams in their own half, they play an important role for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 am

Pacey play yes, but he really has no defensive awareness. All I hear is his speed gets us out of trouble, but his brain gets us into trouble.
He also does not put his body on the line for crosses.

I would be happy to keep him on, but we need a LB that can 100% compete with him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 am

SkippyRed » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:35 am wrote:Pacey play yes, but he really has no defensive awareness. All I hear is his speed gets us out of trouble, but his brain gets us into trouble.
He also does not put his body on the line for crosses.

I would be happy to keep him on, but we need a LB that can 100% compete with him.

He is still only 21/22 though and will naturally get better, just like Hendo improved between the ages of 21-24 so will Alberto. Very few young defenders (CB's and fullbacks) have mastered the positional side of the game, that comes with experience and that's why CB's are usually better in their late 20's and early 30's.
Plus to be fair to Moreno (and Clyne) they are probably playing in the most physically demanding position in modern football, they are expected not only to defend but to be auxiliary wingers too, not many players have the athleticism to perform that role and when you are expected to be everywhere at once mistakes are going to happen from time to time.
As I said given how high a line we are playing with now Alberto and Nathaniel aren't just important they are crucial to how we play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:15 am

Moreno isn't woeful defensively but isn't great either.  Same going forward, can look quite good at times but flatters to deceive at other times and this is the general problem with him. He can do a bit of this and that but at the moment isn't excelling in one area. Still young but needs to be pushing on this season
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 am

Not a bad display, but involved in both their goals. This kid needs to work on stopping being a liability
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:42 am

Doesn't have the concentration for a defender. Always feel he will have a moment where he will switch off/be sloppy and give the oppo a chance
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:45 am

It wouldn't be quite so bad if he improved on his crossing when going forward, or balls into the box, then at least he would have some sort of saving grace, but atm he is a real liability

it is a shame, because he has potential to be a very good player, Jurgen needs to get hands on with him and sort out his positioning and attacking of defensive balls, i don't have an issue with his tackling which seems very good
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 pm

C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:45 am wrote:It wouldn't be quite so bad if he improved on his crossing when going forward, or balls into the box, then at least he would have some sort of saving grace, but atm he is a real liability

it is a shame, because he has potential to be a very good player, Jurgen needs to get hands on with him and sort out his positioning and attacking of defensive balls, i don't have an issue with his tackling which seems very good

His tackling is fine, but his defensive positing is often school boy stuff and that's what costs us. His pace is the only thing getting him in the team TBH because his crossing and shooting is awful too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion