LIVERPOOL vs Bournemouth - Aug 17th 2015 - KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Be great to see Can in the Midfield where he belongs, but surely it can't be long before Firmino is starting. Hopefully not over Can
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:17 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:57 pm wrote:According to some pictures I saw of today's training, we're going to play 4-3-3 with Can, Milner and Henderson in midfield and Ibe, Coutinho and Benteke up front, not sure about the defense. This is usually pretty accurate.

If that really is how we are going to line up mate then it's quite a negative formation given we are at home against a newly promoted side.
We aren't playing Barcelona here we are playing Bournemouth, 2 holding midfielders should be more than enough. Rodgers efforts to shoehorn 2 average workhorses into the line up (Henderson and Milner) is going to cost us big time in terms of creativity.
For a start we are only going to have a front 3 instead of a front 4, Coutinho is going to be shoved out wide (where he struggles to get his passing going) and £29m Firmino is going to be sitting on the bench.
That's the problem with average players, you need 3 to do the job of 2. Do you think Alonso and Mascherano would need Can to help them out?
Really hope that info is wrong, I could maybe understand that formation if we were away at Stamford Bridge or something but at home to Bournemouth? Seriously?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:57 pm wrote:According to some pictures I saw of today's training, we're going to play 4-3-3 with Can, Milner and Henderson in midfield and Ibe, Coutinho and Benteke up front, not sure about the defense. This is usually pretty accurate.

If that really is how we are going to line up mate then it's quite a negative formation given we are at home against a newly promoted side.
We aren't playing Barcelona here we are playing Bournemouth, 2 holding midfielders should be more than enough. Rodgers efforts to shoehorn 2 average workhorses into the line up (Henderson and Milner) is going to cost us big time in terms of creativity.
For a start we are only going to have a front 3 instead of a front 4, Coutinho is going to be shoved out wide (where he struggles to get his passing going) and £29m Firmino is going to be sitting on the bench.
That's the problem with average players, you need 3 to do the job of 2. Do you think Alonso and Mascherano would need Can to help them out?
Really hope that info is wrong, I could maybe understand that formation if we were away at Stamford Bridge or something but at home to Bournemouth? Seriously?

Yeah, said it a few times myself, if we're going to persist with playing both Henderson and Milner in center midfield at the same time, we're going to have to play one more midfielder because the two of them won't be able to do the job on their own, thus sacrificing an attacking player. The undropable pair of Hendo and Milner is going to be our biggest problem this season. I agree though, even those two should be good enough against Bournemouth at home.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Looks good to me Mr aCe.

3 points please lads, lets go to Highbury full of confidence.

We also have some crucial fixtures coming up against Southampton at the Dell ,City at Maine Road , Swansea at the Vetch ,and Leicester at Filbert St  :D

No sweat mate, we'll take 3 points at each ground. Believe.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Reg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Looks good to me Mr aCe.

We also have some crucial fixtures coming up against Southampton at the Dell ,City at Maine Road , Swansea at the Vetch ,and Leicester at Filbert St  :D

Throw them old programmes out fella ,they're holding  you in the past  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:38 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:

Yeah, said it a few times myself, if we're going to persist with playing both Henderson and Milner in center midfield at the same time, we're going to have to play one more midfielder because the two of them won't be able to do the job on their own, thus sacrificing an attacking player. The undropable pair of Hendo and Milner is going to be our biggest problem this season. I agree though, even those two should be good enough against Bournemouth at home.

I dont think having a holding midfielder along with Henderson & Milner is a negative setup. The main problem is that we dont have someone (a central midfielder) who can pass the ball and control the game and that's why a trio of Can, Henderson & Milner won't work. I still think it'll look better (defensively and going forward) than having Coutinho in there (mainly because it allows Countinho a bit more freedom higher up the pitch) but the side is still screaming out for a Schweinsteiger type who will provide a bit of quality on the ball from deeper positions.

I think Can is overrated by our supporters. Henderson is a better all round midfielder than he is and for me, the other midfield spot is a close call between him and Milner. the 3rd midfield spot is where we struggle.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:20 am wrote:
Reg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1261471#p1261471

Throw them old programmes out fella ,they're holding  you in the past  :D[/quote]
So's a guaranteed 3 points at Anfield mate... all in the past......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:41 pm

This lot like to hold on to the ball and are capable of moving it about quickly too. It could be one of those where both sides just cancel each other out. We need to get at them from the off and don't let them settle.
Given our quality though anything less than 3 points will be a bad result.
I'd like to see Firmino start this one with benteke up top and coutinho behind. A midfield of henderson, can and Milner isn't the most creative but they will be tough to break down and all 3 have more than enough in the tank to get behind the front men in support. Add the wide support from Clyne and Gomez and we should create enough space to allow benteke proper service.

1st home game so hopefully we turn on the quality  :buttrock I'l go for 3 nil with firmino and a benteke brace  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Didn't Firmino cost more then Either Hendo,Milner and Can? Why the fck should they start against Bournmouth before him? Who the hell will get into the box when Coutinho plays the ball ? This kind of managing sucks the life out of football playing due to fear of losing then rather will to win.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Cant argue with that Reg ,we're both relics born from a time when winning was compulsory  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm

I think Rogers said that Firminio isn't 100% fit still and he was was easing him into the first team. Hopefully we see him before 70 mins.. He looks exciting, and the starting line up looks very negative.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:17 pm wrote:

Think rodgers is setting us up primarily with the focus of not getting beat. Pre-season was poor enough on the creative side and last week was similar, if that is indeed what he starts with then it is very negative.
I would take a 1.0 win in every game mate but should we go behind I feel we don't have enough atm to claim 3 points against organised opposition. Get Firmino on as this would be an ideal game to start him in rather than away to arsenal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:I think Rogers said that Firminio isn't 100% fit still and he was was easing him into the first team. Hopefully we see him before 70 mins.. He looks exciting, and the starting line up looks very negative.

What that muppet really means is that he will be introduced when he says so and that won't be until he feels the player fully understands what it is that he wants from him.
It has little to do with fitness at this stage as he wasn't injured in the copa america and returned the same time as coutinho.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 am

FSG will be in attendance at tonight's match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:45 am

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:33 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:I think Rogers said that Firminio isn't 100% fit still and he was was easing him into the first team. Hopefully we see him before 70 mins.. He looks exciting, and the starting line up looks very negative.

What that muppet really means is that he will be introduced when he says so and that won't be until he feels the player fully understands what it is that he wants from him.
It has little to do with fitness at this stage as he wasn't injured in the copa america and returned the same time as coutinho.

Wouldn't surprise me if your theory was true mate, the likes of Sanchez and Aguero are starting games and Chile and Argentina actually reached the final, Brazil were knocked out in the QF's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games