Spurs vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 17th Oct 2015 KO 12.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Don't think Klopp was that impressed and you can run 100 miles in a game but achieve nothing.

Like he said its was OK but nothing more, that's still setting the bar higher than Rodgers who thought beating Carlisle on pens was a good effort.

The bar for Liverpool managers has to be as high as the fans expectations, not lower, which it has been for many years, it will not be so
under this manager, Jurgen Klopp.

On and up  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 am

This milage thing is just a little trick of Klopps to make sure that the players turn up every week, it's very easy for players to become complacent and even ex pro's say that most footballers don't need much of an excuse to start going through the motions, dangling this arbitrary 120km figure over their heads like the proverbial sword of Damocles is just Klopps version of that age old bosses trick of saying I want this done before you go home.
It just guarantee's a certain amount of effort from the players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:15 am

Liked his post match interview,  breath of fresh air.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:32 am

What impressed me the most ,Yes the high tempo pressing game of course ,is the character we displayed 2nd half...Spurs had their foot on the paddle but we didn't bow down we kept pretty calm and even able to take the fight back to their half....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:15 am wrote:Liked his post match interview,  breath of fresh air.

I missed it. Was anyone outstanding this week?  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:19 am

With our first 3 choice strikers injured we were always going to be lucky to win and Spurs must feel they 'lost' the game by not pressing us into more mistakes. Well done Reds. The lads showed renewed vigor, Migs played well in goal, Sakho was excellent, Martin made a few boobs but always offset by some great tackles. Can is back.

Overall, the lads surived their first game and there are positives. On the downside there are a host of players who simply aren't good enough and need to be cleared out starting January.

So positive... but how the BH did we find ourselves with NO forwards looking at our fixture list for the next 6 weeks......  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games