LIVERPOOL vs Bournemouth - Aug 17th 2015 - KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:39 am

Image vs Image

First home game of the season and what better way to start than to batter these scroats into oblivion. It's a great chance for us to notch 6 points on the board and rack up some goal difference. I'd expect Firminho, Benteke and Courtino to score against these.

Liverpool have never played Bournemouth in the league, only played each other twice in the cups of which Liverpool won both games 1 -3 and 0 - 2

Interesting facts about Bournemouth...

1. After Liverpool and London, Bournemouth is the UK town where the Beatles played the most concerts and their cover for their second album With the Beatles was a photograph taken at the Palace Court hotel in 1963.

2. Jamie Redknapp started his playing career at AFC Bournemouth

3. Tony Blackburn, Christian Bale and Alex James (blur) are all from Bournemouth

Liverpool 3 - 0 Bournemouth

COME ON YOU REDS!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:46 pm

First home game of the season and what better way to start than to batter these scroats into oblivion

Brilliant, you should do the pre-match team talk  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Given our tough away program we have got to pick up maximum points at home against Bournemouth, West Ham, Norwich and Villa. I'd go with this side

Mingolet

Clyne.            Skrtel.        Sakho.        Moreno

Milner.          Can

Ibe.             Coutinho.         Firmino

Benteke
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

I would keep Gomez and Lovren in the back 4 as they never conceded against stoke and we need a bit of settlement back there

Also i agree we need to bring Can into the starting 11 but i would do it in favour of Milner instead of Hendo

Hope to see Benteke get a couple against these lot

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Migz , Clyne , Skrtel, Lovren  Moreno ,Henderson, Can, Markovic, Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke

Markovic, Coutinho, Firmino is a triumvirate that could light up Anfield
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:47 pm wrote:Migz , Clyne , Skrtel, Lovren  Moreno ,Henderson, Can, Markovic, Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke

Markovic, Coutinho, Firmino is a triumvirate that could light up Anfield

I agree, AM is definitely Lazar's best position and I'd much rather see him in there than Lallana.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:09 pm

I'd keep the CB pairing and the CM pairing. I though Lovren did well and deserves another shot. I think Milner is bound to start in the CM position more often than not and the sooner he gets to grips with his new role the better- Henderson is the best CM/holding midfielder we have at the club.
Gomez looked shaky at LB and wont be the answer for us in the position this season, I'd give Moreno a shot against a significantly weaker opposition (than what Gomez had to deal with). Lallana failed to impress, I'd swap him for Firmino. Clyne had a good game, he keeps his spot. By default, so does Mignolet. Benteke is our best option upfront and needs the minutes, he stays. Coutinho is one of the first names on the team sheet if not the first, he stays. Between Ibe and Morkovic for the last spot. I'd give it to Ibe simply because I think he offers us more width and the shape of the side looks better with him in the team.

Mingolet

Clyne.            Skrtel.        Sakho.        Moreno.

Milner.          Henderson.

Ibe.             Firmino.         Coutinho.

Benteke.

2-0 Benteke & Henderson.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:39 pm

That's very close to what I'd like to see as well ace, and I expect the starting line-up to be very similar to that.

In most games I'd prefer it if we start with 3 in the middle instead of two, but against Bournemouth at home I think there's no need to sacrifice an attacking player. Of course, I'd have Can in there instead of one of Milner or Henderson but that's probably not going to happen. Ideally, I'd have Lucas and Can in midfield.

Lovren impressed last time, so I'm in two minds whether to give him a chance to keep his place or go with Sakho. Same thing about the LB position, Gomez is still too young to be starting regularly and LB is not his natural position anyway, but Moreno is a horrible defender IMO and shouldn't be an automatic starter either.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Looks good to me Mr aCe.

3 points please lads, lets go to Highbury full of confidence.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:08 pm

and full of confusion that its now a block of flats

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:28 am

3-0 Firminio. Milner and Coutiniho. Sorry Benteke don't think you will score on Monday
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:04 am

Im going for 4-0 benteke 2 fiminho and milner
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:30 am

Reg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Looks good to me Mr aCe.

We also have some crucial fixtures coming up against Southampton at the Dell ,City at Maine Road , Swansea at the Vetch ,and Leicester at Filbert St  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:30 am wrote:
Reg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Looks good to me Mr aCe.

We also have some crucial fixtures coming up against Southampton at the Dell ,City at Maine Road , Swansea at the Vetch ,and Leicester at Filbert St  :D

Proper footy grounds they were, not like these modern soulless corporate bowls that all look the same.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm

According to some pictures I saw of today's training, we're going to play 4-3-3 with Can, Milner and Henderson in midfield and Ibe, Coutinho and Benteke up front, not sure about the defense. This is usually pretty accurate.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games