Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:20 pm wrote:
Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm wrote:Totally agree.
No denying his skill but he had so many opportunities to let the ball go to a teammate, but time and time again just held on to it and ran into blind alleys.

:nod (assuming you're referencing Sanchez)

Nail on head !

Loads of "Flash" but decision making a bit suspect.

Yeah let's ignore the fact that he sets up tons of goals and scores regularly out on the attacking wings for Chile and Barcelona. I do recall he had 5 assists in 2 games fir Chile leading up to tournament. And scored 19 goals and 11 assists for Barcelona last season. So he must be getting some decisions right?

He has always had one fault and carrying on dribbling without passing it off, is that. In England I believe it's called being selfish, doesn't stop Sturridge from being considered a top player tho does it? So sorry for taking a dump on your dinner but not wanting to sign a forward because he is selfish is a pretty obtuse thing to say.
Last edited by eds on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:05 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:Uruguayan FA have now officially appealed. I'd imagine it will be reduced once he joins Barca, they seem to be good with that stuff.

This made me laugh.... Suarez banned from all football activity apart from transferring to Barcelona who are banned from transfers apart from this Summer. #FIFA

its absolutely hilarious is what it is  :laugh:
and they say they ain't corrupt  :glare:

A few days after signing for Barcelona watch FIFA over turn the ban with a message about his humble apology and accepting his "flaws" for what they are and what victim he has been in all of this.........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:18 pm

eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:05 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:Uruguayan FA have now officially appealed. I'd imagine it will be reduced once he joins Barca, they seem to be good with that stuff.

This made me laugh.... Suarez banned from all football activity apart from transferring to Barcelona who are banned from transfers apart from this Summer. #FIFA

its absolutely hilarious is what it is  :laugh:
and they say they ain't corrupt  :glare:

A few days after signing for Barcelona watch FIFA over turn the ban with a message about his humble apology and accepting his "flaws" for what they are and what victim he has been in all of this.........

throw getting treatment in there and id say you have it spot on  :nod
now they are contradicting themselves by saying he is now allowed to train with the club during the 4month ban  :wwww
priceless!!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ez-3806422?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:
Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:Totally agree.
No denying his skill but he had so many opportunities to let the ball go to a teammate, but time and time again just held on to it and ran into blind alleys.

On another matter if we hold firm on 80 million and no less Suarez will stay, if not he will most likely leave.

Losing out on Sanchez will be a huge blow, especially if he goes to Arsenal.
Let's not forget that they were flying last year until they got long term injuries to their two best players (Walcott and Ramsey) and having someone like Sanchez leading the line instead of Giroud is a major upgrade for them.

If the moves happen and Suarez moves to Barcelona with Sanchez moving to Arsenal, I think Sanchez would comfortably become one of the 3 best players in the league along with Aguero & Toure.

I cant for one second believe that anyone who has watched Sanchez with Barcelona or Chile regularly thinks that he isnt one of the best attacking players in the planet. He scores, sets up goals, has pace, is a good dribbler, and work hard for the side. He's very similar to Suarez in many ways and the fact that hes comfortable playing wide would have given us that extra bit of balance. Losing him to Arsenal in the circumstances is a huge blow like you said.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:22 am

Mail reporting Barca hoping to get it done in the next 48 hours. £80m being talked about but have a feeling it will probably be in the £70-75m region. Looks like it is finally going to happen :(. We still seem to lose our best players to other teams. Xlonso to Madrid, Mascherano to Barca, Torres to Chelsea and now Suarez to Barca. Really wish we were in a position where we picking off the best players around. Things have changed so much, we now have Sanchez apparently choosing Arsenal over us :(. As brilliant as last season was, just shows us there is still a lot of work and progress needed.
Doeboy

Postby eds » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:24 am

aCe' » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:
Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:Totally agree.

On another matter if we hold firm on 80 million and no less Suarez will stay, if not he will most likely leave.

Losing out on Sanchez will be a huge blow, especially if he goes to Arsenal.
Let's not forget that they were flying last year until they got long term injuries to their two best players (Walcott and Ramsey) and having someone like Sanchez leading the line instead of Giroud is a major upgrade for them.

If the moves happen and Suarez moves to Barcelona with Sanchez moving to Arsenal, I think Sanchez would comfortably become one of the 3 best players in the league along with Aguero & Toure.

I cant for one second believe that anyone who has watched Sanchez with Barcelona or Chile regularly thinks that he isnt one of the best attacking players in the planet. He scores, sets up goals, has pace, is a good dribbler, and work hard for the side. He's very similar to Suarez in many ways and the fact that hes comfortable playing wide would have given us that extra bit of balance. Losing him to Arsenal in the circumstances is a huge blow like you said.

Yeah but Ace he doesn't pass the ball off so he must be s**t.......... Image

eds

Postby killerp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:06 am

Get over Sanchez u lot. Barcelona quickly switched from cash + Sanchez to cash only. Obviously he made it clear to the negotiations he does not want to come here.
killerp

Postby laza » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 am

killerp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm wrote:Get over Sanchez u lot. Barcelona quickly switched from cash + Sanchez to cash only. Obviously he made it clear to the negotiations he does not want to come here.

Exactly if he is not interested in wearing our shirt then it's pointless, regardless of how good he is or isn't
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:46 am

Doeboy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 pm wrote:Mail reporting Barca hoping to get it done in the next 48 hours. £80m being talked about but have a feeling it will probably be in the £70-75m region. Looks like it is finally going to happen :(. We still seem to lose our best players to other teams. Xlonso to Madrid, Mascherano to Barca, Torres to Chelsea and now Suarez to Barca. Really wish we were in a position where we picking off the best players around. Things have changed so much, we now have Sanchez apparently choosing Arsenal over us :(. As brilliant as last season was, just shows us there is still a lot of work and progress needed.

I think you are being a bit negative mate, we just spent £25m on a very good player. I don't think Suarez moving is necessarily a bad thing, top class player but his antics are too much for us to put up with now, and after all it looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Sanchez if he doesn't want to so be it, just listen to the Can, Lallana and Lambert interviews after joining, we need players who want to be here.
If he chooses Arsenal over us it will be because he wants to pose around Oxford Street with his missus - not for football reasons.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 am

Personally think the deal to take Suarez to Barca was done a while back (months back). Him signing a contract didn't really mean anything, was just us protecting an asset.
Doeboy

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:23 am

Doeboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 am wrote:Personally think the deal to take Suarez to Barca was done a while back (months back). Him signing a contract didn't really mean anything, was just us protecting an asset.

Wouldn't surprise me, and could be the case with a lot of deals.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

Sky sports news are now reporting that Luis could be gone by the end of the weekend...

Luis Suarez's move from Liverpool to Barcelona could be completed before the end of the weekend, Sky sources understand.

Luis Suarez's move to Barcelona could be completed before the end of the weekend, Sky sources understand.

Talks between the clubs are ongoing, with only the fee for the striker's services the wrangling point.

Liverpool are holding out for £80m for their star forward - a sum that would activate a release clause in his contract - while Barcelona hope to lure him for a figure in the region of £60m.

FIFA have already confirmed that Suarez will be allowed to have a medical ahead of a transfer, despite receiving a four-month ban from football.

Vinny O'Connor has the latest on the potential transfer of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

The 27-year-old left the World Cup in disgrace after biting opponent Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's group defeat to Italy.

But an eventual apology for his latest indiscretion has smoothed the way for a switch to Spain and Barcelona's sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, publicly backed the striker earlier this week.

"Suarez had the honour to come out and apologise for his actions and now it's time for him to begin the recovery process," Zubizarreta said.

On Wednesday evening a Liverpool source confirmed: “The talks held today were productive, there are sensible expectations on both sides. Further talks and discussions are to take place, but nothing is finalised as of now."

Chief News Reporter Bryan Swanson reports from Fifa's daily World Cup briefing in Rio de Janeiro.

Sky Sports' Spanish football pundit Guillem Balague believes Suarez had to apologise in order to secure his dream move to Barcelona.

"Barcelona wanted Luis Suarez to apologise," he said. "It is also part of an appeal that will surely reduce his ban.

"I realise many people feel cheated as he has apologised before. Biting shouldn't be done but can be corrected and Chiellini has accepted the apology, so who are we not to do the same?"

The future of Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez is also believed to remain on the agenda, but it is understood the Chile forward will not be used as a makeweight and that any deal would be brokered separately.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 am

Is it only me who'd rather have Shaqiri than Sanchez :/
Kopite-Jud

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:49 am

time to revive this thread, so how exactly do we go about replacing Luis Suarez? Is there a striker out there who is anywhere near the same mould?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:53 am

I'd rather have Reus out of any but I don't think we're gonna have the pleasure of choosing this time around  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion