Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Love the guy as a player, one of the finest to wear the shirt.

However his race is run. I don't want hooligans littering up our great club and despite his talent, easy going nature and dedication as a pro he is making the club look stupid. He is incapable of behaving himself for long periods and if the latest nibble on another player is a ruse to get out I want him gone soon as.

He is worth 80 million, but not if he cNnot play until November. If we get him off he wage bill we will save millions between now and November so we should look to shVe that off any fee. Anything over 70 mill and snatch their hands off!!!!!

As for Ballotelli. Not liverpool class. I think he would be loved by the fans here in time as we do love an eccentric but I don't think he is good enough. It's his ability rather than his attitude that bothers me as I can see him signing up for the history, tradition And atmosphere at the club in a big way. Maybe worth a punt if he is cheap.

I went to see Barca v Valencia in Feb. Barca lost but Sanchez scored and was a threat playing predominantly down the right flank. Only one game but  I enjoyed watching him.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 pm wrote:santa,surely your not suggesting that suarez disgraced himself and his nation at a W.C just to get a move to barca ?

Oh...let me ponder...well...YES!  (remember at the time of the incident, Uruguay was on it's way out of the tournament so the time was right for a bite  :laugh:  )

Where's Real when we need them to come in and place a ridiculous bid for Suarez?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 pm

He is gone, it's only a matter of time
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Have we heard anything yet?

Yup, looks like it to Barca for 75m
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Counting the hours now. Thanks for the good memories!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ks-7362550
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 pm

As it stands Alexis not part of the deal for Suárez. But not definitive. Despite personal agreemnt with Arsenal, LFC hope to convince him

So says guillem ballague.

Love sanchez - such a talent,  but  anyone who needs convincing to join us rather than arsenal ... gotta question his commitment to the cause.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:03 pm

I just hope Suarez bites Pepe in the first El Classico next season!  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

If it ends up as £75 million then that's well done to the club for standing their ground. Now let's see what happens after. Who we gonna get if it isn't Sanchez?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 pm

Got to say, I'm 45 now and Suarez has been the best player I have seen in a Liverpool shirt however there is just too much baggage with the guy, most importantly the amount of game bans EACH YEAR. Good time to sell, we're back in the big time with money to spend, we can attract a high calibre player now. Can. Not. Wait. For. Next. Season
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Fukkinel, kevin turvey is dead now.  :(
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Mail reporting Barca have offered £72m straight cash. If true, can't imagine this dragging out too long as that offer is probably not too far off what we are asking for. Seems as though Sanchez is not keen on a move to us either. All well and good being linked with all these attacking midfielders, but a top quality striker has got to be a priority.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:11 am

Doeboy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm wrote:Mail reporting Barca have offered £72m straight cash. If true, can't imagine this dragging out too long as that offer is probably not too far off what we are asking for. Seems as though Sanchez is not keen on a move to us either. All well and good being linked with all these attacking midfielders, but a top quality striker has got to be a priority.

That's actually a bit of a blow, Sanchez is one of the few available footballers on the face of the planet that could have gone some way to filling the Suarez size hole that will be left in our team and now to make matters worse he is on the verge of joining one of our direct rivals just as we lose our best player. Arsenal will be significantly strengthened just as we are significantly weakened.
I'm actually surprised we haven't played a bit of brinkmanship with Barca and threatened to walk away if Sanchez is not included in any deal, it's all happened so fast and we just seem a bit keen to take the money and run.
If we could have went into next season with Sanchez and Markovic we might have broke even but none of the names we are currently being linked with fill me with any sort of confidence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

stmichael » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 am wrote:I just hope Suarez bites Pepe in the first El Classico next season!  :D

And his ban means his misses playing us beating Barca in the Champion League  final  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm wrote:Mail reporting Barca have offered £72m straight cash. If true, can't imagine this dragging out too long as that offer is probably not too far off what we are asking for. Seems as though Sanchez is not keen on a move to us either. All well and good being linked with all these attacking midfielders, but a top quality striker has got to be a priority.

That's actually a bit of a blow, Sanchez is one of the few available footballers on the face of the planet that could have gone some way to filling the Suarez size hole that will be left in our team and now to make matters worse he is on the verge of joining one of our direct rivals just as we lose our best player. Arsenal will be significantly strengthened just as we are significantly weakened.
I'm actually surprised we haven't played a bit of brinkmanship with Barca and threatened to walk away if Sanchez is not included in any deal, it's all happened so fast and we just seem a bit keen to take the money and run.
If we could have went into next season with Sanchez and Markovic we might have broke even but none of the names we are currently being linked with fill me with any sort of confidence.

You are right once again Yakka.

It is absolutely imperative that we get Sanchez in the deal.

There is a huge risk that this money will be squandered on rubbish that will come nowhere near to filling the hole that Suarez's departure will leave.

We have to be tough here and negotiate for a player that will dramatically improve our front line, there is no time for nonsense here from Ayre or his minions.  :no

Our demands need to be met, either Sanchez toughens up and stops being a little princess or we walk away......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Octsky » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 am

the way we sold marsch for 18m pounds when he was one of the very best defensive mid in the world,
and similarly 30m pounds for alonso when he showed what a class act he is,
macca on a free and owen, the best striker at that moment for 8m pounds plus a loonely tune guy,
dont harbor too high hopes for selling suarez for 80m pounds.

if we got above 70m p for him i be very happy but of course there is a reinvestment risk in which i am worry abt.
who spends 25m p on aspas, alberto and the young Portuguese defender to sit on the bench or go on loan?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion