Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 pm

stmichael » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 am wrote:For a start Sanchez hasn't spoken to anybody about going anywhere. His national team manager won't allow it. It's the London press that are typically putting it about that he prefers Arsenal when the truth is he's never ruled out a move to Liverpool. If anything it'll be his representatives that prefer him to move to Arsenal (the London factor), not the player himself. On a football level I don't see why Arsenal are a more attractive proposition than us at this moment in time.

St Mike, the report about Sanchez not wanting to leave his current club BUT if he had to leave he'd prefer Arsenal first appeared in a Spanish newspaper, the "London press" just basically translated and reported it a day or two later.

Personally if there's any doubt about a players' enthusiasm to join LFC I'd rather we just mug them off and set our sights on someone else.

Can't say I've been overly impressed in this world cup with Sanchez anyway (it's the most i've seen of him), sure he's got some skill but think our money could be better spent elsewhere.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am wrote:
stmichael » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 am wrote:For a start Sanchez hasn't spoken to anybody about going anywhere. His national team manager won't allow it. It's the London press that are typically putting it about that he prefers Arsenal when the truth is he's never ruled out a move to Liverpool. If anything it'll be his representatives that prefer him to move to Arsenal (the London factor), not the player himself. On a football level I don't see why Arsenal are a more attractive proposition than us at this moment in time.

St Mike, the report about Sanchez not wanting to leave his current club BUT if he had to leave he'd prefer Arsenal first appeared in a Spanish newspaper, the "London press" just basically translated and reported it a day or two later.

Personally if there's any doubt about a players' enthusiasm to join LFC I'd rather we just mug them off and set our sights on someone else.

Can't say I've been overly impressed in this world cup with Sanchez anyway (it's the most i've seen of him), sure he's got some skill but think our money could be better spent elsewhere.

What rubbish, he had a sensational tournament and was Chile's best player in all 4 games.

I have watched him for a long time now, and seen almost every single competitive game he has played in since he came into the Chilean national side. Can't remember one bad game he has had for Chile.

One of the best attacking wingers / forwards in the world and would compliment our attacking style.

You won't get many better players, in fact I wouldn't think of many out there for that sum of money.

Ask any Chilean and they would have told you it was the wrong move to sit on the bench at Barcelona, he needs to be playing week in week out to show how really good he is.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Looks like BR has decided, it's no longer feasible to risk the season with Suarez ban and if he wants to go, we'll cash in on him. Can't blame him to be honest. I thought Suarez had turned a new leaf after the season he had, but his antics at the world cup shows that he was always looking for a way out if the likes of barca and real are coming in for him... He has done a job for us, he helped us get into the champions league and also signed a new deal so we can demand a substantial fee for him so iwouldnt mind him being sold if the price is right like 80 million.

I just can't imagine how Messi, neymar and Suarez are going to play together at barca. All of them wants the ball and do something with it. Someone has to take a back seat. Alreadylast season you can see that neymar took a back seat to Messi. He wasn't centre stage as he used to be when he was in Brazil.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Suarez will just be another player at Barca. Will be pushed out wide to accommodate Messi, end of.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:07 pm

eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am wrote:

What rubbish, he had a sensational tournament and was Chile's best player in all 4 games.

I have watched him for a long time now, and seen almost every single competitive game he has played in since he came into the Chilean national side. Can't remember one bad game he has had for Chile.

One of the best attacking wingers / forwards in the world and would compliment our attacking style.

You won't get many better players, in fact I wouldn't think of many out there for that sum of money.

Ask any Chilean and they would have told you it was the wrong move to sit on the bench at Barcelona, he needs to be playing week in week out to show how really good he is.

Excuse me if I ***** in your beer !

Think I acknowledged that the fella has skills, Ijust wasn't overly impressed with the way he employed them in what I saw of him in this world cup.

Check out a few replays, time and again he hung onto the ball far too often (when a good pass was on), maybe the fella was trying too hard ?

Meantime I need another *****, cover your glass   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Liverpool holding out for £80m in Luis Suarez talks with Barcelona

Liverpool are holding out for a fee of around £80m for Luis Suarez, according to Sky sources, as talks with Barcelona continued on Thursday.

The fee remains the sticking point, with Barcelona reportedly wanting to pay in the region of £60m for the striker.

On Wednesday evening a Liverpool source confirmed: “The talks held today were productive, there are sensible expectations on both sides. Further talks and discussions are to take place, but nothing is finalised as of now."

Sky Sports News reporter Vinny O'Connor also confirmed that the future of Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez was on the agenda, but it will have no impact on any Suarez deal.

Former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has been giving his thoughts on Luis Suarez.

It is not yet clear what the Chilean star wants to do himself, and Sky sources say any deal for Sanchez will be separate from the Suarez negotiations.

Suarez is currently serving a four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

Following the 27-year-old's apology - which Barca reportedly had a major influence in procuring - the Primera Liga side have stepped up their pursuit and a deal now seems likely to be agreed.

At a press conference on Wednesday, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu would not be drawn on the talks.

"Barcelona wanted Luis Suarez to apologise. It is also part of an appeal that will surely reduce his ban."

Sky Sports' Guillem Balague

But he did he made a point of commending Suarez for apologising and confirmed they are in the market for a striker, as well as two new centre-backs.

"I announced months ago that the team would undergo a deep renovation but we cannot reveal details because we don't want to give clues away to any of our rivals," Bartomeu said.

"Our representatives are constantly travelling to other countries because of potential signings.

"We have the names and the players, but sometimes there are clubs who speculate over possible signings by Barca to manipulate the price.

Vinny O'Connor has the latest on the potential transfer of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

"All I can say is that they are names that have been agreed with (new coach) Luis Enrique and they excite us. 

"For example, (sporting director Andoni) Zubizarreta already has the names of the centre backs although they are not signed yet as there are clubs who think their value will go up after the World Cup."

Asked about Suarez, Bartomeu said: "Suarez is a Liverpool player so I can't talk about him, he belongs to another team, a rival team. But we are all football men, and saying sorry is honourable, it helps the competition.

"He did something that wasn't right, so it's the responsibility of everyone in football, be it Liverpool or anywhere else, to remember that he has said sorry. Admitting you have done something wrong is very important.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers refused to take questions on Luis Suarez whilst receiving an honorary doctorate at the University of Ulster - but did say

"Luis has apologised and that is honourable, he's taken a step towards rehabilitating, the football world should support him and help him. As a football fan I hope he can turn a corner."

Sky Sports' Spanish football pundit Guillem Balague believes Suarez had to apologise in order to secure his dream move to Barcelona.

"Barcelona wanted Luis Suarez to apologise," he said. "It is also part of an appeal that will surely reduce his ban.

"I realise many people feel cheated as he has apologised before. Biting shouldn't be done but can be corrected and Chiellini has accepted the apology, so who are we not to do the same?"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Totally agree.
No denying his skill but he had so many opportunities to let the ball go to a teammate, but time and time again just held on to it and ran into blind alleys.

On another matter if we hold firm on 80 million and no less Suarez will stay, if not he will most likely leave.
Last edited by Penguins on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Tonight's echo is saying that he's on the verge of leaving for £75m, we would have accepted £45m and Sanchez but the deal looks to be happening in straight cash now. The club will give the money to Rodgers to re-invest in the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm wrote:Tonight's echo is saying that he's on the verge of leaving for £75m, we would have accepted £45m and Sanchez but the deal looks to be happening in straight cash now. The club will give the money to Rodgers to re-invest in the team.

£75 million is a decent return mate, my only hope is that BR invests the money wisely on 2 or 3 top players, rather than 5 or 6 Aspas's
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Balls to it....

80 mil take it or leave it

Go all out on trying to get James Rodriguez + Shaqiri

Sick of 10-20 mil average Joe midfielders/attackers.... (except Coutinho and Sturridge)
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:Totally agree.
No denying his skill but he had so many opportunities to let the ball go to a teammate, but time and time again just held on to it and ran into blind alleys.

On another matter if we hold firm on 80 million and no less Suarez will stay, if not he will most likely leave.

Losing out on Sanchez will be a huge blow, especially if he goes to Arsenal.
Let's not forget that they were flying last year until they got long term injuries to their two best players (Walcott and Ramsey) and having someone like Sanchez leading the line instead of Giroud is a major upgrade for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:12 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm wrote:Tonight's echo is saying that he's on the verge of leaving for £75m, we would have accepted £45m and Sanchez but the deal looks to be happening in straight cash now. The club will give the money to Rodgers to re-invest in the team.

£75 million is a decent return mate, my only hope is that BR invests the money wisely on 2 or 3 top players, rather than 5 or 6 Aspas's

It's unbelievable money for someone who would be not far off 28 by the time he could play for us again.
It's undoubtably the right time to move Luis on, it's just that like you I just have one or two concerns about our ability to replace him.
Look at our last 2 summers, In fact take away that January when we signed Sturridge and Coutinho and we haven't had a decent transfer window in years.
Losing Suarez and being seriously linked with the likes of Bertrand and Lovren is pretty depressing, especially when our rivals seem to be signing the likes of Sanchez, Fabregas, Costa, Shaw etc etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Uruguayan FA have now officially appealed. I'd imagine it will be reduced once he joins Barca, they seem to be good with that stuff.

This made me laugh.... Suarez banned from all football activity apart from transferring to Barcelona who are banned from transfers apart from this Summer. #FIFA
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Penguins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm wrote:Totally agree.

:nod (assuming you're referencing Sanchez)

Nail on head !

Loads of "Flash" but decision making a bit suspect.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:08 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:Uruguayan FA have now officially appealed. I'd imagine it will be reduced once he joins Barca, they seem to be good with that stuff.

This made me laugh.... Suarez banned from all football activity apart from transferring to Barcelona who are banned from transfers apart from this Summer. #FIFA

its absolutely hilarious is what it is  :laugh:
and they say they ain't corrupt  :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion