CONGRATULATIONS LUIS SUAREZ and Masher too

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:16 pm

The_Rock » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:At least we made $100M from these 2 players from Barcelona....

Yes they engineered a move away from us. But we benefitted enormously. Yes we reinvested the money badly. But its not their fault.

Compare and Contrast with the players we have now ? Can we even get $30M collectively if we sell Balo, Lambert, Lovern, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Enrique....etc

What makes me laugh is the way the club made a big thing about having a squad clear out when Comoli first arrived.
To be fair he moved a lot on (about 16 players iirc) but what has happened since? The exact same! We've allowed the squad to be packed out with bench fodder again. We are back at square one, In fact this summer's business is just exacerbating the problem even more.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:16 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:At least we made $100M from these 2 players from Barcelona....

Yes they engineered a move away from us. But we benefitted enormously. Yes we reinvested the money badly. But its not their fault.

Compare and Contrast with the players we have now ? Can we even get $30M collectively if we sell Balo, Lambert, Lovern, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Enrique....etc

What makes me laugh is the way the club made a big thing about having a squad clear out when Comoli first arrived.
To be fair he moved a lot on (about 16 players iirc) but what has happened since? The exact same! We've allowed the squad to be packed out with bench fodder again. We are back at square one, In fact this summer's business is just exacerbating the problem even more.

I agree.

Congrats to both. They both served the club well during their time here. Wanted a move and cant really blame them for having bigger ambitions than what the club was ready/able to offer.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:06 pm

The fact that masch has won about 11 trophies since he left tells its own story  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:18 am

In the summer transfer window for the 2011–12 season, Comolli helped Liverpool sign Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Doni, José Enrique, Sebastián Coates and Craig Bellamy. On 12 April 2012, Comolli left Liverpool by mutual consent. He stated that he left due to family reasons but rumours have circulated that he may have been sacked as a result of failings in the transfer market.

Deja vu all over again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:16 am

I was happy that Luis won all them trophies. He deserves them, especially playing for that side and that forward line-up where he is NOT the star.  I'd welcome him back with open arms and get shot of every single player we signed last summer and this summer so far to have him back again - he IS THAT PHENOMINAL....

As for Masher, well I felt that at the time he was leaving us in the lurch but I did not blame him for leaving. I'd have him in our back 3/4 right now..
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion