MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Looks like he'll be out for another few weeks.....

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/01/bl ... ree-weeks/?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Thought he would be back by now. And Enrique, how much longer will he be out?

I think it's time we recalled a few youngsters from their loans.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Last I heard

Allen back Jan 28th - having late fitness test for Everton match
Agger back Feb 8th
Johnson back Feb 23rd
Sakho back Feb 23rd
Lucas back Mar 15th
Enrique no set date
Coates no set date

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Wish he was fit, ATM we haven't got anyone who can thread a pass through to our midfield, considering our keeper can't kick the ball you'd think our defenders would try to help him out and keep the ball away from him but they continually knock it back to him. At one point he got given the ball 3 times within the space of 20 seconds with West Brom players pressing us to f##k.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 pm wrote:Wish he was fit, ATM we haven't got anyone who can thread a pass through to our midfield, considering our keeper can't kick the ball you'd think our defenders would try to help him out and keep the ball away from him but they continually knock it back to him. At one point he got given the ball 3 times within the space of 20 seconds with West Brom players pressing us to f##k.

Mate at one point we had a free kick 10 yards outside the West Brom box, the ball was played sideways then back, then sideways again then back again and finally back to Mignolet, obviously working the ball  back to  Mignolet from the oppo's area is something we must practice in training, it happens that often ! 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Some news on Sakho, looks like at least another 10 days before he is back.....

http://www.clubcall.com/liverpool/defen ... 14804.html?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 am

As I've said in other threads, our defence should be built around this guy. He's big, commanding and good with his head and feet...a big improvement over Agger and Skittles
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:42 pm wrote:Some news on Sakho, looks like at least another 10 days before he is back.....

http://www.clubcall.com/liverpool/defen ... 14804.html?

Please Sack the whole Physio team ,Dr" strangelove and all his staff ,can't prove antyhing of course ,but they seem to only hurt our players rather then fixing them.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 am wrote:As I've said in other threads, our defence should be built around this guy. He's big, commanding and good with his head and feet...a big improvement over Agger and Skittles

I watched the France vs Ukraine game and Sakho played together with Varane. They were outstanding! What I would really like to see is Sakho being partnered with someone similar to Varane, and thats Ilori. The latter's passing range looks better than Agger's. Skrtel and Agger can be back-up, together with Toure. It's important to have good back-ups.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:15 am

Excellent game against West Ham. Handled Carroll very well. Distribution was excellent and very attacking. Always looking to play a decent pass. Beginning to look like a £17m player. Needs to do the same against City. I'd play him before Agger based on yesterday's performance. HE FRIGHTENS ME TO DEATH JUST LOOKING AT HIM AND I HOPE HE HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON CITY'S FORWARDS !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 am

devaney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:15 am wrote:Excellent game against West Ham. Handled Carroll very well. Distribution was excellent and very attacking. Always looking to play a decent pass. Beginning to look like a £17m player. Needs to do the same against City. I'd play him before Agger based on yesterday's performance. HE FRIGHTENS ME TO DEATH JUST LOOKING AT HIM AND I HOPE HE HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON CITY'S FORWARDS !!!

Agreed. Had a very good game.

I can see him starting against City also as they will most likely continue with Dzeko.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

devaney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:15 am wrote:Excellent game against West Ham. Handled Carroll very well. Distribution was excellent and very attacking. Always looking to play a decent pass. Beginning to look like a £17m player. Needs to do the same against City. I'd play him before Agger based on yesterday's performance. HE FRIGHTENS ME TO DEATH JUST LOOKING AT HIM AND I HOPE HE HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON CITY'S FORWARDS !!!

+1

Don't Fu*k with this guy...

killerp

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:15 pm

was impressed at how he was able to step in like he was never away. i was worried about his match fitness but he was well able for it and had a good game.
still dont see a 17mil player in him yet but i like the way he has a calm head and plays the ball out to feet every time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:08 pm

As I was saying earlier to somebody, for me his passing when bringing the ball out is more purposeful than Agger's. He doesn't look as elegant (quite gangly infact) but he's a bloody good footballer.

Good dilemma for the manager to have as to which one of them plays on Sunday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:As I was saying earlier to somebody, for me his passing when bringing the ball out is more purposeful than Agger's. He doesn't look as elegant (quite gangly infact) but he's a bloody good footballer.

Good dilemma for the manager to have as to which one of them plays on Sunday.

I'd probably stick with Sakho, City got back into the game at the Etihad from a set piece (when Kompany got the better of Skrtel at a corner) and that hasn't been the only time that they've scored against us via the ariel route, seem to remember Toure heading one in at the Kop end a couple of years back and I'm sure there's been other examples too.
With the likes of Dzeko, Kompany, Dimachelis, Lescott, Toure etc in their squad they do carry a threat from dead ball situations so I'd opt for the big man.
His extra pace might come in handy too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion