MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Although I wanted Sakho to get back in the team especially for the West Ham game, I'm not really certain if it's best to leave out Agger for the City game. f*ck, I'm not sure about anything for this one! All three of our CB's deserve to start but it'll be suicide if we actually play with three CB's. I'll leave this one to Rodgers, he's the one getting payed for it  :nod
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:As I was saying earlier to somebody, for me his passing when bringing the ball out is more purposeful than Agger's. He doesn't look as elegant (quite gangly infact) but he's a bloody good footballer.

Good dilemma for the manager to have as to which one of them plays on Sunday.

I'd probably stick with Sakho, City got back into the game at the Etihad from a set piece (when Kompany got the better of Skrtel at a corner) and that hasn't been the only time that they've scored against us via the ariel route, seem to remember Toure heading one in at the Kop end a couple of years back and I'm sure there's been other examples too.
With the likes of Dzeko, Kompany, Dimachelis, Lescott, Toure etc in their squad they do carry a threat from dead ball situations so I'd opt for the big man.
His extra pace might come in handy too.

Sahko played really well the other day and deserves to keep his place. Agger's time at Liverpool has to be up for me due to his his appearance record. (think he's only made 5 more appearances than me :D ) Although I believe he's played well when he's appeared again this season (barring the odd cr*p game, he's just never fit enough for long enough.

Skrtel is playing well at the moment (about time) and is having his customary good run of form but there is always a major error in him and games like this are the ones where it costs us. On saying that, we're at home and at home he's USUALLY (not always) pretty solid. Sahko should start, would prefere to see Skrtel in the next game with him only down to the fact that Agger and Sahko have never played together in a two and this isn't a game to try it out.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 am

he played well against carroll, one thing i like sakho is when he got the ball in our half instead of passing sideways he will counter attack by passing straight into our attacking players. i see him being a first teamer for yrs to come.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 pm

I thought he did remarkably well fending off a big target man against the Hammers ,and his overall use of the ball was effective , but if Aguero turns
out for City I think I would sooner have someone a lot more intelligent alongside Skrtel ,I just feel Agger is a more graceful defender with a superior
football brain...Although Sakho did offer up  an exceptionally strong performance on Sunday ,certainly enough to cause Rodgers room for contemplation.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Sakho showed a high level of football intelligence against West Ham. His distribution was far more impressive than Agger's. I don't know what it is but I have never been a massive fan of Danny, that's not to say that I think he is poor because I don't. Skrtel has the uncanny knack of scoring the odd goal and Sakho can simply frighten City to death by just being there !!! I think Sakho is beginning to understand the Premiership and the speed of play. Future star for me.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 pm

I just think against Aguero's pace Agger is more tactically equipped ,I have faith in both players to deliver ,but I'm just swayed slightly by Daniels
quality with the ball at his feet.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:46 pm

would anyone go 3 across the back in possibly our biggest game of the season?

mingy

skrtel             sakho        agger
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 am wrote:would anyone go 3 across the back in possibly our biggest game of the season?

mingy

And drop Coutinho? That's a possibility, but it may alter our formation too much and keep us from controlling the midfield. They have a fantastic midfield, so we may have to clog it a bit. If we did that we may revert to a 3 5 2.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:58 pm

ethanr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 am wrote:would anyone go 3 across the back in possibly our biggest game of the season?

mingy

And drop Coutinho? That's a possibility, but it may alter our formation too much and keep us from controlling the midfield. They have a fantastic midfield, so we may have to clog it a bit. If we did that we may revert to a 3 5 2.

Absolutely no chance!

Coutinho has to play. You don't drop your best players.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm wrote:I just think against Aguero's pace Agger is more tactically equipped ,I have faith in both players to deliver ,but I'm just swayed slightly by Daniels

Agger was left standing by Soldado (who's not regarded as being particularly quick) in a sprint when we played Spurs recently so I'm not sure Agger is the best option when it comes to dealing with the threat of pace.
Saying that Aguero is similar to Suarez in the sense that he likes to twist and turn in the box and maybe the smaller Agger is better equipped to deal with that type of thing. Maybe a big, aggressive CB like Sakho against an elusive player like Aguero is a pen waiting to happen? Rodgers certainly has got a lot to consider.
City's forwards test defences in so many different ways, they have pace, they have height, they have skill and they have creativity in terms of silva and nasri sitting behind the front line pulling all the strings. Whoever Brendan opts for are gonna have their hands full Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm wrote:I just think against Aguero's pace Agger is more tactically equipped ,I have faith in both players to deliver ,but I'm just swayed slightly by Daniels

Agger was left standing by Soldado (who's not regarded as being particularly quick) in a sprint when we played Spurs recently so I'm not sure Agger is the best option when it comes to dealing with the threat of pace.
Saying that Aguero is similar to Suarez in the sense that he likes to twist and turn in the box and maybe the smaller Agger is better equipped to deal with that type of thing. Maybe a big, aggressive CB like Sakho against an elusive player like Aguero is a pen waiting to happen? Rodgers certainly has got a lot to consider.
City's forwards test defences in so many different ways, they have pace, they have height, they have skill and they have creativity in terms of silva and nasri sitting behind the front line pulling all the strings. Whoever Brendan opts for are gonna have their hands full Sunday.

I cant argue with any of that,especially when you've highlighted the consternation I hold over Sakho being exposed when faced with a player with the
ingenuity of Aguero....I also agree Soldado skinned Agger ,but I'm sure I could point to a fair few incidents of Sakho's rashness,if I was intent on
forcing a debate .....which I'm not mate,its just purely in terms of personal preference I would opt for the more comfortable with the ball.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:52 pm

ethanr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm wrote:

mingy

No, no way. All three CB's deserve a start so I thought of it my self, but we haven't tried that formation in a while and now is definitely not the time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:

Sahko is better on the ball than Agger for me. Better short passer and plays a ball to players on the half turn.
I cant argue with any of that,especially when you've highlighted the consternation I hold over Sakho being exposed when faced with a player with the
ingenuity of Aguero....I also agree Soldado skinned Agger ,but I'm sure I could point to a fair few incidents of Sakho's rashness,if I was intent on
forcing a debate .....which I'm not mate,its just purely in terms of personal preference I would opt for the more comfortable with the ball.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
Sahko is better on the ball than Agger for me. Better short passer and plays a ball to players on the half turn.

Why is that shite being incorporated into my post ,as though I f*cking said it ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I think Sakho has quickly become an equal to Skrtel and Agger but its really been a fight for one place at centre back
with Skrtel in his pomp, having fought his way to the head of the pecking order.

Not easy for Sakho coming in from a part time role at PSG against two lads that are cemented in the role at Anfield,
but he has shown patience and done a good job when required.

This year has been about settling in for him, but I suspect he will put big pressure on our two stalwarts next year and
so they have to go up another gear, and that's the idea really.

We have 3 centre backs there that would all upgrade a lot of top teams individually, so we are lucky to have them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion