MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
Sahko is better on the ball than Agger for me. Better short passer and plays a ball to players on the half turn.

I cant argue with any of that,especially when you've highlighted the consternation I hold over Sakho being exposed when faced with a player with the
ingenuity of Aguero....I also agree Soldado skinned Agger ,but I'm sure I could point to a fair few incidents of Sakho's rashness,if I was intent on
forcing a debate .....which I'm not mate,its just purely in terms of personal preference I would opt for the more comfortable with the ball.

Why is that shite being incorporated into my post ,as though I f*cking said it ?

1. It was an accident, I was distracted while writing it...
2. Its what you should have said :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:36 pm

From the Echo

Sakho: "I'm not afraid of anyone. I do boxing in addition to my normal training & I'm having my punchbag & boxing kit sent over from France"  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:27 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
Sahko is better on the ball than Agger for me. Better short passer and plays a ball to players on the half turn.

I cant argue with any of that,especially when you've highlighted the consternation I hold over Sakho being exposed when faced with a player with the
ingenuity of Aguero....I also agree Soldado skinned Agger ,but I'm sure I could point to a fair few incidents of Sakho's rashness,if I was intent on
forcing a debate .....which I'm not mate,its just purely in terms of personal preference I would opt for the more comfortable with the ball.

Why is that shite being incorporated into my post ,as though I f*cking said it ?

1. It was an accident, I was distracted while writing it...
2. Its what you should have said :;):

1.My apologies then ,I thought you were looking to upset even more posters .
2.Regardless of how good  a defender  Sakho is ,he still manages to look gangly and awkward with the ball at his feet. ....Agger's movement is seamless.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 pm

When Sakho first put in an appearance I thought he had all the quality of a brick wall  (a good thing) minus the intelligence (not so good).

Subsequent displays have shown (to me at least) that there's far more to this fella than initial displays would suggest. 

Think he really needs to be given a go, and right now I wouldn't have a problem if he's chosen above of Agger.

He's bigger , he's tougher, he's more intimidating than Agger and he's just as good on the ball .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 am

Sakho is looking like a good purchase, I would like to see him play alongside Agger to be honest

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 am

I've said before that I hope Sakho does well and proves me wrong but I don't believe all the hype him. I think some people seem to basing their opinion of him as a footballer based on his appearance rather than his performance on the pitch.

We all have our own opinions of how he plays but size is a fact and Sakho is NOT bigger than Agger, according to the stats he's a couple of inches shorter and about 5kg lighter. Look at him stood next to other players, 6' 1"" is about right, Agger and Skrtel are both 6' 3".
Basil

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Basil » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am wrote:I've said before that I hope Sakho does well and proves me wrong but I don't believe all the hype him. I think some people seem to basing their opinion of him as a footballer based on his appearance rather than his performance on the pitch.

We all have our own opinions of how he plays but size is a fact and Sakho is NOT bigger than Agger, according to the stats he's a couple of inches shorter and about 5kg lighter. Look at him stood next to other players, 6' 1"" is about right, Agger and Skrtel are both 6' 3".

Those official stats on players height/weight etc are notoriously always wrong. Sakho is far bigger than Agger, surely your eyes can tell you that?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Why does it matter if he weights more or if he's taller? He's obviously far better in the air than any of our players and he's a lot stronger than Agger. I couldn't care less about how he looks as long as he wins his duels. This guy has a bright future here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Size wise I'm not bothered. Most centre halfs are 6 foot plus and 2 inches makes no difference.

For me Sakho is a better player than Agger overall. His passing is better, but his gangliness and Agger appearing slightly more elegant on the ball disguise this.

Sakho is better in the air, stronger, better in the tackle, quicker and more aggressive. He has to prove himself positionally for me, but if we give him a run with a steady partner in Skrtel he might (and I believe will).

I think Sakho will do the business for us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Basil » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:
Basil » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am wrote:I've said before that I hope Sakho does well and proves me wrong but I don't believe all the hype him. I think some people seem to basing their opinion of him as a footballer based on his appearance rather than his performance on the pitch.

Those official stats on players height/weight etc are notoriously always wrong. Sakho is far bigger than Agger, surely your eyes can tell you that?

My eyes confirm what the stats say and not just our stats, Agger is a couple of inches taller. If you look on the official squad photo Sakho isn't much taller than Alberto.
Basil

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Agger always wears heels for the club photo :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:47 am

JC_81 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 am wrote:Size wise I'm not bothered. Most centre halfs are 6 foot plus and 2 inches makes no difference.

For me Sakho is a better player than Agger overall. His passing is better, but his gangliness and Agger appearing slightly more elegant on the ball disguise this.

Sakho is better in the air, stronger, better in the tackle, quicker and more aggressive. He has to prove himself positionally for me, but if we give him a run with a steady partner in Skrtel he might (and I believe will).

I think Sakho will do the business for us.

Thanks exactly it. He looks a bit goofy when he moves, especially with the ball at his feet, but all it does is make people think he's clumsy and incapable of holding the ball or properly defending. I think it's probably helped him, appearing to be goofy like that, but he's actually quite a good player.

The way he moves kinda reminds me of how Cissokho moves, but Cissokho is ***** and I feel Sakho has been quite impressive.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Always thought that it's a bit of a myth that you can judge how good a player is by the way he runs. Didi Hamann always had a graceful way of running, and even though he was a great player, I doubt that his elegant movement had anything to do with it. Both Sakho and Flanagan look a bit clumsy but they obviously aren't incapable of playing with the ball.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Showed again that he is really good on the ball and makes lots of questionable decisions. I thought he got away with the rash tackle in the first half on Dzeko.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:44 pm

***** class act . Make no mistake
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion