MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 am

my heart is always in my throat when sakho got the ball, as he tends to do "stunts" which threatens our goal.
what is he doing passing a long ball back pass to the keeper? these type of balls are always hard to control.
and he missed the goal from 2 yards out.
but his positive i noticed different from other defenders is his passing from the back. not the type of high hoof ala carra, but low and accurate passing. it will make a lot of difference when we are counter attacking.
still got room for improvement.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 am wrote:Fine. But at least he's not Sh*t anymore, right?

When did I ever say he was sh*te? ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 am wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 am wrote:Fine. But at least he's not Sh*t anymore, right?

Oh come on man. I can't be bothered to look for the Lovren and Sakho conversations we had. You were clear enough when you said that you don't rate Sahko at all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:44 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 am wrote:

Oh come on man. I can't be bothered to look for the Lovren and Sakho conversations we had. You were clear enough when you said that you don't rate Sahko at all.

So because I said I rate Lovren higher... in your mind that means I said Sahko is sh*te?

???

Infact, I have actually said (plenty of times if you care to go back) I don't think he's a bad player. I just don't think he's a great one either.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

Not too sure on his decision making honestly. I feel safer when the ball is not at his feet. If that Soldado goal wasn't held to be a foul, the complexion of the game would have been very different.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery has revealed his disappointment with France teammate Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool man said he would vote for Cristiano Ronaldo over his compatriot if given a vote for the Ballon d'Or.

Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were joined by Ribery on the shortlist for the greatest individual accolade in the game after a mesmerising campaign with the Bavarian giants where he helped the club to Bundesliga, DFB Cup and Champions League triumphs.

Many observers favour Ronaldo for the award including Sakho who admitted that if he were given the opportunity to vote he would cast in the favour of the Portugal captain.

His remarks prompted a disappointed reaction from the Bayern man, who told France Football he expected a little more solidarity from his fellow Frenchman.

"His position has deeply disappointed me. But if he thinks that, he could have shown more solidarity by thinking of me, Les Blues and France," Ribery was quoted as saying by Le Sport 10.

"We've only just experienced something extraordinary together with the qualification for the World Cup.

"I was really happy for him with his two goals. But after all, he is free to say whatever he wants."

Ronaldo further underlined his credentials as the best player on the planet in Real Madrid's 2-0 victory over Copenhagen in the Champions League on Tuesday night. Following Luka Modric's exquisite opener the Portuguese star netted his ninth goal of the group stage - a new record haul in the group stages of the competition. The former United man had the chance to add some gloss to the performance from the penalty spot but his audacious effort was saved. 

His hat trick last month to help his country beat Sweden and qualify for next summer's World Cup significantly boosted Ronaldo's hopes of claiming the award for the first time since 2008, with Messi having suffered with injuries through the second half of the year.
----

f*ck off Ribery. WC is just months away and that rectum face prioritizes his ego rather than team harmony.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 pm wrote:Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery has revealed his disappointment with France teammate Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool man said he would vote for Cristiano Ronaldo over his compatriot if given a vote for the Ballon d'Or.

Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were joined by Ribery on the shortlist for the greatest individual accolade in the game after a mesmerising campaign with the Bavarian giants where he helped the club to Bundesliga, DFB Cup and Champions League triumphs.

Many observers favour Ronaldo for the award including Sakho who admitted that if he were given the opportunity to vote he would cast in the favour of the Portugal captain.

His remarks prompted a disappointed reaction from the Bayern man, who told France Football he expected a little more solidarity from his fellow Frenchman.

"His position has deeply disappointed me. But if he thinks that, he could have shown more solidarity by thinking of me, Les Blues and France," Ribery was quoted as saying by Le Sport 10.

"We've only just experienced something extraordinary together with the qualification for the World Cup.

"I was really happy for him with his two goals. But after all, he is free to say whatever he wants."

Ronaldo further underlined his credentials as the best player on the planet in Real Madrid's 2-0 victory over Copenhagen in the Champions League on Tuesday night. Following Luka Modric's exquisite opener the Portuguese star netted his ninth goal of the group stage - a new record haul in the group stages of the competition. The former United man had the chance to add some gloss to the performance from the penalty spot but his audacious effort was saved. 

His hat trick last month to help his country beat Sweden and qualify for next summer's World Cup significantly boosted Ronaldo's hopes of claiming the award for the first time since 2008, with Messi having suffered with injuries through the second half of the year.
----

f*ck off Ribery. WC is just months away and that rectum face prioritizes his ego rather than team harmony.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted Ribery is even in contention. A good player yes, but world class? He's not even the best player at his club. He's definately benefiting from playing for a great team.

To be quite honest, I'd put him in a similar bracket to Coutinho, who as good as he is, is nowhere near world footballer of the year material and probably never will be.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Three good games in a row. Seems to be settling well, would be nice to get this one wrong.

:nod
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:41 pm

I thought some of his passing was fantastic today, can play.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:03 pm

yeah we had a group of 4 or 5 players that had really good games today, sakho was one of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:02 am

Still early days but that 17 million is looking well spent as each game goes on
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:08 am

Stu the Red » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:33 pm wrote:Three good games in a row. Seems to be settling well, would be nice to get this one wrong.

Sakho is our best defender by far. It was evident from day one and i can't understand the doubters. He is strong ,quick and most important calm and accurate with his passes. He is aggressive as Skertel (yet not brutal and stupid as Martin) and he is calm and accurate as Agger (Yet better with his head). Really satisfied with the lad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:51 pm

honestly thought he could have done done better for the goal we conceeded yesterday. he was ball watching, never copped on the free man behind him and just backed into mutch leaving himself unable to jump. he seems to get on the end of things but not cleanly enough for me, most of his clearance headers are loopers that can go anywhere.
his passing is decent and he has good range as well, overall he has been solid though and im just nit picking  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Complete nonsense mate. Sakho was left trying to mark 2 men. Where was Kelly? He was meant to be the right back and was nowhere to be seen for the goal.

Not in a million years was that goal Sakho's fault.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:13 pm

only me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:08 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:33 pm wrote:Three good games in a row. Seems to be settling well, would be nice to get this one wrong.

Sakho is our best defender by far. It was evident from day one and i can't understand the doubters. He is strong ,quick and most important calm and accurate with his passes. He is aggressive as Skertel (yet not brutal and stupid as Martin) and he is calm and accurate as Agger (Yet better with his head). Really satisfied with the lad.

Evident from day one?

:laugh: F*ck off!

First few games he was absolutely dreadful.

What a ridiculous comment that is! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion