Newcastle UTD V Liverpool 27/4/13 - 17:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:16 am

F.uck me 6 goals. My jaw dropped when I saw that scoreline.

Maybe we are better without Suarez  :devil:... or at least when people expect us to do really badly without him.

This is the first time we got 6 this season.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 am

We are 2nd in the league in the number of goals scored after the mancs. But we are 7th in goals conceded. If Rodgers could tighten that midfield and defense, we will do very well next season...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:03 am

Emphatic win!  :buttrock

Good job Suarez wasn't playing or it could have been ate!

Jokes aside it was good to see the team put behind them a horrible f.ucking week. The vulture media would have had their knives at the ready if we were to come off second best yesterday - implying we're a one man team and all that and we'd be doomed without Suarez. Good to see the team never gave them a chance.

Anyway, like most, I thought Countinho was a class above. The vision and weight on his passes is top drawer and he was pulling the strings in midfield. Henderson complemented him IMHO with his engine and the two often swapped interchanged from the left and center, with the Brazillian primarily going through the middle. Can't believe during such a display we still had an anonymous player on the pitch - Stewart Downing - was he actually playing?  ???

Anyway, cracking win didn't think the boys had it in them 'mentally', shows how much I know  :laugh: next up the Bitters...

:buttrock

PS, shame we can't play like this when we have something to play for.  :angry:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 am

Great result and statement considering the events of this week especially away against a side which does relegation shadow looming near their stadium

Though have some pangs of bittersweet feelings wondering why we couldn't have produced this sort of tempo on far more consistent basis this season

PS

Whoever that anti Liverpool TV comments pundit  who was broadcasting a couple of weeks who made assessment about  Coutinho that Inter Milan don't sell their good players, hope he had ringside seat to the  match
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 am

Impressive display. Everyone played well but Coutinho was a beast. He looks to have the makings of a complete player.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 am

Great team performance ,specifically our midfield .I thought Henderson along with Coutinho was exceptional yesterday ,both players
run their little cottons off for the cause ,Jordan Henderson must have covered every blade of grass at St James ,but Coutinho just
bossed it completely, his passing and through balls reminiscent of Aimar in his pomp .....A proper play maker.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 am

Benny The Noon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 am wrote:Expect us to draw this - season is going to die away.

Still wearing the red nose -  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:20 pm

6-0 brilliant win = 4 miserable pages !!!

Suarez bite = 30 pages mostly fully of shi.t !!!

Thatcher's death got a greater response on this LFC forum than a 6-0 win !!!

I guess the moaners and whingers were lost for words at a 6-0 win !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Some people including myself have been too busy travelling back from the game to comment ( the actual fans that go and watch the game )

Your last two comments show exactly what's wrong with the forum.

It was a great win - we played very well against a poor Newcastle side - yet you're too busy posting snide remarks about other posters. Time for you to look in the mirror.
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:48 pm

devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 am wrote:6-0 brilliant win = 4 miserable pages !!!

Suarez bite = 30 pages mostly fully of shi.t !!!

Thatcher's death got a greater response on this LFC forum than a 6-0 win !!!

I guess the moaners and whingers were lost for words at a 6-0 win !!!

What's to moan? We won 6-0 and Suarez didn't play...Got your argument backwards I fear..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 am wrote:Emphatic win!  :buttrock

Jokes aside it was good to see the team put behind them a horrible f.ucking week. The vulture media would have had their knives at the ready if we were to come off second best yesterday - implying we're a one man team and all that and we'd be doomed without Suarez. Good to see the team never gave them a chance.

Anyway, like most, I thought Countinho was a class above. The vision and weight on his passes is top drawer and he was pulling the strings in midfield. Henderson complemented him IMHO with his engine and the two often swapped interchanged from the left and center, with the Brazillian primarily going through the middle. Can't believe during such a display we still had an anonymous player on the pitch - Stewart Downing - was he actually playing?  ???

Anyway, cracking win didn't think the boys had it in them 'mentally', shows how much I know  :laugh: next up the Bitters...

yeah, Downing got 2 assists. I think that's counted as playing...  :oh:
kartiek

Postby babu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am wrote:Some people including myself have been too busy travelling back from the game to comment ( the actual fans that go and watch the game )

It was a great win - we played very well against a poor Newcastle side - yet you're too busy posting snide remarks about other posters. Time for you to look in the mirror.

to be fair benny, stop being so negative, see ur earlier post, and it might stop.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 pm

babu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am wrote:Some people including myself have been too busy travelling back from the game to comment ( the actual fans that go and watch the game )

to be fair benny, stop being so negative, see ur earlier post, and it might stop.

Well the length of positives so far this seasons isn't exactly long. I didnt expect us to win yet we did and it was a great win - great day up there and even better watching their fans leaving early.

What I didn't expect to happen is to log on and see what people have said and the usual suspect is trying to stir a hornets near up from nothing.

For someone who constantly complains about the state of the forum and the constant fights - he has no problem looking for them to happen.
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 am wrote:Emphatic win!  :buttrock

:nod

Unbelievable player this Coutinho is, I have a great feeling about him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:48 pm

He used thr space given to him yesterday wonderfully

Players are going to start closing him down quicker now and that's where his quick feet will be tested

His vision for a pass is world class.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games