Newcastle UTD V Liverpool 27/4/13 - 17:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Suarez' serves his first of ten tommorow. The reverse fixtue this year ended 1-1 with Luis netting a beauty of a goal. That match was like many others a lot of missed chances.

Sturridge and Coutinho wasnt here when we played them at Anfield so our firepower should be stronger even if we are missing Luis.

With Borini returning to training i can see him being on the bench and pending on the score may get a chance to play.

I would make 2 changes to the side that played Chelsea.

With Sturridge and Skrtel coming in for the obvious Suarez and Carra. With Cisse on the pitch i dont think Carra will be able to match his pace and movement.

Ill predict a 0-2 victory a sturridge double.

Reina
      Johnson  Skrtel Agger  Enrique

Gerrard    Lucas
                        Hendo
Downing                             Coutinho
                      Sturridge

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 pm

We actually have a replacement for Suarez for once, which is nice.  I hate the he's not playing, but I've got nothing against that front three because I feel all of them have been playing relatively well.

My brother's a Newcastle fan (as I've probably said 50 times) and he's almost positive Cisse won't be playing because of his cracked rib.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much if we're being perfectly honest.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 am

Since Suarez is out, Sturridge will be our main striking power and much will be expected from him. I believe he knows this so I think he'll up his game for this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 am

1-1 Draw on the cards following a frustrating game with missed chances a plenty. Hope i'm wrong.
killerp

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 am

Lots to prove to this cheeky shower of fkrs and their horrible supporters. Pardew has shown exactly what he is capable of this season and Newcastle have been awful. Sunderland gave them a good kicking and by rights we should be more than capable of doing the same. Hopefully the team will take their anger towards the FA out on Newcastle.

Last time Luis was banned for 8 games this was our record: W5 L2 D1 - the team once again has the opportunity to prove that we can survive without Luis.

Amazed that the match thread has virtually no comments and yet Luis's thread in the last week has gone up by 30 pages. That says a lot about this forum.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:24 am

Expect us to draw this - season is going to die away.
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 am

but you couldn't be man enough to ignore though and had to have a dig, that also says a lot about you.

if we play well we should beat these.

Newcastle 1 - 3 LFC
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am

redno7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 am wrote:but you couldn't be man enough to ignore though and had to have a dig, that also says a lot about you.

if we play well we should beat these.

Newcastle 1 - 3 LFC

Youre right - have edited my post
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:00 am

not convinced we are mentally strong enough to win this, we havent really got anything to play for and the players are probably on a bit of a downer over the suarez situation (even the echo have been saying that the club are trying to convince luis not to turn his back on english football so he really must be considering his future).
that cisse and sissoko are exactly the type of tall, rangey, powerful forward that we struggle to cope with as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 am wrote:not convinced we are mentally strong enough to win this, we havent really got anything to play for and the players are probably on a bit of a downer over the suarez situation (even the echo have been saying that the club are trying to convince luis not to turn his back on english football so he really must be considering his future).
that cisse and sissoko are exactly the type of tall, rangey, powerful forward that we struggle to cope with as well.

this.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Despite ycsats  concerns regarding our "mental strength", I disagree that "we haven't really got anything to play for" .

Of course we'll miss Luis but with him now banned the rest of the squad may just feel motivated enough to step up and play for pride, both ours and their own. It's a great opportunity to show us fans and the rest of the football world that there's a lot more to Liverpool than just one player.

We can win this. 2-1 for the Redmen  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 am wrote:not convinced we are mentally strong enough to win this, we havent really got anything to play for and the players are probably on a bit of a downer over the suarez situation (even the echo have been saying that the club are trying to convince luis not to turn his back on english football so he really must be considering his future).

this.

Well this is exactly why we should win. Since there's nothing to play for the pressure is off, and when there's no pressure on us we usually play our best.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Think we’ll win 2-1 or 3-1 and I'm guessing we'll line up like this:

Reina

Carragher     Agger   
Johnson                               Enrique

Lucas
            Gerrard
                                      Hendo

Downing                      Coutinho
                         Sturridge

Subs: Borini, Assaidi, Shelvey, Coady, Skrtel, Coates, Jones
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Disagree re mental strength.

We've had a few good comebacks recently against Spurs and Chelsea so I think as a group the team is starting to believe in themselves a bit more.

That said I don't fancy us today for some reason. Maybe 1-1 with a Sturridge goal I think.

I'm in Newcastle today on an all day bender for a mate's birthday, couldn't get tickets for game tho even in the home end. Might watch in one of the pubs around St James for the atmosphere.

Come on redmen!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Not feeling confident going to this game at all (When did I ever felt confident? :P)

I'm hoping for a draw to be honest
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games