LIVERPOOL vs ARSENAL Sep 2nd 12:30 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm wrote:Firstly the positives Joe Allen
Its early days yet, and Rodgers has serious graft ahead of him ,but its not enough just to see the faint shoots of hope in our youngsters ,its time
to put complete faith in them ,and stand or fall by Rodgers football philosophies . The fans will forgive many indiscretions ,but the owners have
made Rodgers job a thankless one .

YNWA

:bowdown
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:17 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:00 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm wrote:Firstly the positives Joe Allen
Its early days yet, and Rodgers has serious graft ahead of him ,but its not enough just to see the faint shoots of hope in our youngsters ,its time
to put complete faith in them ,and stand or fall by Rodgers football philosophies . The fans will forgive many indiscretions ,but the owners have

YNWA

The atmosphere was the most worrying though Bav ,Arsenal singing "Your Merseyside's Spurs "although quite funny !  brought no response whatsoever mate.
Most of the Kop sat arms folded in a stony silence .  If we lose the passion of the supporters mate ,then its going to be seriously dire inside Anfield .

I think most fans ,even the hardcore are heartily sick of having the arse kicked out of their expectations season after season .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:
tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:00 pm wrote:

YNWA

The atmosphere was the most worrying though Bav ,Arsenal singing "Your Merseyside's Spurs "although quite funny !  brought no response whatsoever mate.
Most of the Kop sat arms folded in a stony silence .  If we lose the passion of the supporters mate ,then its going to be seriously dire inside Anfield .

I think most fans ,even the hardcore are heartily sick of having the arse kicked out of their expectations season after season .

It looks like this season is going to be a long one mate. But on the bright side I like the way we are playing, or trying to anyway. And we have a chance to blood in some of the kids. I was expecting us to have enough about us to  maybe even try for 4th but for whatever reason the funds have not been there for Rogers.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

At least man utd are on course to lose 2/3 also at st marys
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:19 pm wrote:It looks like this season is going to be a long one mate. But on the bright side I like the way we are playing, or trying to anyway. And we have a chance to blood in some of the kids. I was expecting us to have enough about us to  maybe even try for 4th but for whatever reason the funds have not been there for Rogers.

I think this will be Rodgers biggest test mate ,but if he sticks to his guns and doesn't panic and start changing his tactics then I believe it will be enough
reason to quell this despondency that's sweeping through the fans . I think with Joe Allen and Shelvey we have the fulcrum of this team for many years
to come ,we just need to play them together on a more consistent basis. Watching a team in transition can be painful viewing mate ,but it will take time
and a hell of a lot of patience from supporters ,and on today's evidence that could prove a rare commodity unless Rodgers puts his complete faith in the
players he knows can adapt to this system and play the fluid football he wants.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:

Can you blame them though? It's our regular match going fans who are the life and blood of this club. They make a lot of financial sacrifices to watch their team play and they deserve much better than what they've been getting over the past three years. They're pouring thousands into the club every season following the club home and away, across England and across Europe and they have every right to feel disillusioned and upset.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 pm

The Hustler » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 pm wrote:At least man utd are on course to lose 2/3 also at st marys

That's scant consolation to me mate, I'm not interested in how United are doing, I'm interested in what's happening to our club and at the moment it looks like things are going to get worse before they get better.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:47 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 pm wrote:At least man utd are on course to lose 2/3 also at st marys

That's scant consolation to me mate, I'm not interested in how United are doing, I'm interested in what's happening to our club and at the moment it looks like things are going to get worse before they get better.

Youre right. We will have to get used to results like today while the squad adapts to "the system". Its easy to say people need to be patient but Im afraid thats what we will have to do until things get better
By the way the mancs won 3-2, RVP scored in the last minute
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 pm

redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm wrote:until we get a midfielder that can drive forward like a carzola or toure and a clinical finisher we are doomed. its ok having Allen and now sahin who look tidy and pass sideways. we need a creative player who goes forward for fecksake. Look at carzola everytime he gets the ball hes off creating something. And borini needs to feed off scraps not be on his own hes a poacher and suarez needs to go to specsavers.

True, all true.
Carzola and Diarby were outsanding today and virtually ran the game
Suarez was shocking throughout with Gerrard not far behind him
Bad day all round
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:04 pm wrote:
Youre right. We will have to get used to results like today while the squad adapts to "the system". Its easy to say people need to be patient but Im afraid thats what we will have to do until things get better
By the way the mancs won 3-2, RVP scored in the last minute
:(

The results so far this season aren't too far off of last season's results. We lost to West Brom last season, we lost to Arsenal last season and we drew with City last season, but the amount of goals we are leaking through costly errors is very worrying. The squad is adapting to the system well, but without any penetrating balls into the box and without a clinical finisher up top to put the ball in the net we're going to struggle.

Robin Van Persie is the type of investment we need here, they paid £24m for a 29 year old who will probably repay his entire transfer fee this season if United regain the league title and get to the latter stages of the Champions League. United are an ambitious club who are quite willing to invest a lot into the playing side of things to maintain success on and off the pitch, something FSG don't seem committed to doing and it will stagnate us at first and will ultimately make us regress.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 pm

we wanted to play open like swansea and thats exactly the way we are set up so it only understandable that we get caught out when our play breaks down.
swansea under rodgers was very gung ho and he's brought that here so untill the players adapt that philosophy and implement it better then we will continue to suffer defeats in this manner.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I still think we really missed Lucas.  They were really only dangerous on the counter attack, and that's where Lucas is best, breaking up the counter attack.  Allen essentially slotted in for him, but we don't want Allen concentrating on the defensive aspect of the game, and neither does he.  Diaby and Cazorla walked all over our cms because none could play defense as effectively as Lucas.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:04 pm

had lucas of been on the pitch unfortunately the result would still have been the same.he is not the difference in us winning or losing.
we have allen who is a similar but much better player than lucas and with the arrival of sahin i can see lucas spending time on the bench if im honest.
if sahin makes his move permanent next summer then i can see lucas and hendo making way.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm

ethanr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm wrote:I still think we really missed Lucas.  They were really only dangerous on the counter attack, and that's where Lucas is best, breaking up the counter attack.  Allen essentially slotted in for him, but we don't want Allen concentrating on the defensive aspect of the game, and neither does he.  Diaby and Cazorla walked all over our cms because none could play defense as effectively as Lucas.

it`s true what you say mate they were effective on the counter attack but that wasnt a classic smash and grab performance like last season, they played us off the park there and we looked a beaten side even in the first half.
considering that was a fixture against one of the big clubs the lack of belief or fight in our side was scary, we basically hoisted up the white flag there, even under hodgson we managed to show a bit of heart against the big sides at anfield but today we were spineless.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm

romliv » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:24 pm wrote:headache  :angry: 
gerrard deserves better than this team

Gerrard has been absolutely rubbish today. The number of times our attacks broke down because of him and Suarez was shocking. And Reina?  :no
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games