Why dont we make a play for arda turan?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:28 am

what winger isn't hit and miss? I guess you could say somebody like Kuyt plays pretty much the same every time out, but i don't think that is the type of player people want. Nobody out there is beating their man every time and puting in inch perfect crosses, just seems like the nature of the position.  Would he adapt to the premiership is a fair question, but I think over time he would come good
JoeTerp

Postby Arda Turan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:02 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Mate, my point was I've been watching Spanish footie all season long, and hand on heart, I can't pick one single player who I'd say "Gotta have him...". As for Silva, the most recent game I saw him play was one or two games ago, can't remember who it was against, but he was poison....absolute cack...

What you mean Spanish Footie mate? Arda plays in Turkish Super League.
Arda Turan

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 am

Personally I would prefer Ribery to Silva on the left with Riera as backup but I would still be happy with Silva.

For the right I thnk Maxi Rodrigues would be a worthy signing and more of a Raffa type player but he is Athletico's captain so may be hard one to sign
Ray Pugh

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:30 pm

we already signed an Atletico captain once before :D
JoeTerp

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:50 pm

JoeTerp wrote:we already signed an Atletico captain once before :D

Good point Joe

Bring on Maxi then
Ray Pugh

Postby mighty mo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm

seriously never heard of him and cannot even remember him  playing against us or in the last euro championships for turkey ....... i am thinking if i have seen a player a few times and i cannot remember him that means he is :censored: lol...... but that is fact....... he must be average and nothing special probably why he is not on any clubs radar and he stills plays in the :censored: poor turkey league
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:54 pm

This is what he did against us

and he had a great Euros as well
he was like his countrys 2nd or 3rd best player.
JoeTerp

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:40 am

JoeTerp wrote:we already signed an Atletico captain once before :D

:D
RobinHood6969

Postby Ray Pugh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm

What's your thinking on Maxi Rodriguez for the elusive right wing?
Ray Pugh

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:What's your thinking on Maxi Rodriguez for the elusive right wing?

I would rather get someone who is younger
RobinHood6969

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:What's your thinking on Maxi Rodriguez for the elusive right wing?

How about Inigo Montoya ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ray Pugh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 pm

RobinHood6969 wrote:

I don't think there are that many true quality young "naturally right footed" wingers
Ray Pugh

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:
RobinHood6969 wrote:

I don't think there are that many true quality young "naturally right footed" wingers

I don't really see what is so important about youth anyways. If a signing last more than 2 years, that is a success. I'd rather buy someone with experience that works out really well for a couple years, and then reinvest in the position again when that player leaves. Obviously we couldn't afford to do that in every position, but right wing has been a problem area for so long that it seems a bit unrealistic to find the solution for the next decade this summer.
JoeTerp

Postby DanAn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

JoeTerp wrote:
Ray Pugh wrote:
RobinHood6969 wrote:

I don't really see what is so important about youth anyways. If a signing last more than 2 years, that is a success. I'd rather buy someone with experience that works out really well for a couple years, and then reinvest in the position again when that player leaves. Obviously we couldn't afford to do that in every position, but right wing has been a problem area for so long that it seems a bit unrealistic to find the solution for the next decade this summer.

The thing about youth is when you sell them it's ussually for similar price or more. Also if your recruiting and scouting is good you find players before they are discovered.

You'll never get a Ronoldo, Torres, Messi or Fabergas if you only buy older proven players.
DanAn

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Sanli Tuncay is a good player. I reckon he would want a move away aswell after the season Boro have had and they may even get relegated.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill