Trotters in for cisse - Have to admit, bolton have balls!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Trotters in for Cisse  22 Jun 2007

Bolton's interest in Djibril Cisse has been confirmed by the Liverpool striker's agent Ranko Stojic.

Talk about a possible bid for the France international from Bolton has intensified recently and Stojic has revealed he has been in contact with Sammy Lee.

Cisse spent last season on loan at Marseille, who are keen to keep the former Auxerre front man at the Stade Velodrome for another season.

But Bolton have now emerged as potential rivals for his signature and Stojic is planning to discuss the 25-year-old's future with Liverpool next week.

The Reds are unlikely to be open to letting Cisse go out on loan again and reports suggest the Frenchman will cost in the region of £5million.

"It is true that there has been some contact with Bolton," Stojic told the Manchester Evening News.

"I have met up with Sammy Lee on one occasion. He impressed me, not just as a coach, but as a person.

"He is a fantastic man. We are meeting Liverpool next week to find out what they want to do."

Despite Stojic's admission, Marseille chairman Pape Diouf remains confident of reaching a deal to sign Cisse in the next few days.

"About Djibril Cisse, the negotiations should be finished early next week," Diouf said in L'Equipe.

"We would prefer a loan but Liverpool want a definitive transfer.

"We are in talks about a transfer fee inferior to €12million (£8m). I have a lot of hope."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:29 pm

I can't see Djib giving up CL football with Marseille for a move to Bolton.  I would be very surprised as Cisse has made it clear he only wants too join Marseille.
kobashi

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Take him, just take him.

Any price over 5 million is a bonus.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:32 pm

kobashi wrote:I can't see Djib giving up CL football with Marseille for a move to Bolton.  I would be very surprised as Cisse has made it clear he only wants too join Marseille.

I reckon Sammy's doing us a favour putting OM under pressure as a potential competitor.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:42 pm

They bought Diouf and made something out of him. Ok, what they made was a spitting, fighting, disgusting disgrace but he scores goals now. Maybe they can get blood out of a stone in terms of getting talent out of Cisse. One thing's for sure, i never want to see him in red again so really I don't care where he goes as long as he's gone.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:47 pm

seriously.... i would rather keep him..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he'll score at least 15 goals....or more if given the chance..
Elchris

Return to The Rumour Mill